Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sapphire: bright eyed baby dragon

Hugo was daydreaming of the resonant sound of bells and the glory of sound swelling in the nave below when a new sound intruded into his reverie . .the sound of wings. Slowly lifting it's head a translucent blue filled the sky.

'Bonjour' said a silvery voice, 'I am Sapphire. And you are Hugo?'

'oui'

'Will you tell me of your home?'

And so Hugo did. For the next hour he described the vaulted roofs, the marvellous stained glass windows, the towers, the nave, the pillars the spire, the ornate stonework, the sound as voice and bell resonated, the view from roof and ledge, and wept.

'Thank you' was all she said, and made her farewells, flying away, appearing to be deep in thought.
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

Three days later there was a commotion in the square and Hugo slowly craned its head to see what was going on.

A table was being set up. And there was that blue dragon - Sapphire hadn't she named herself? - appearing to be directing things.

A 'something' was carefully magicked onto the middle of the table, and Hugo fancied it could feel a waft of chilly air spiral up from that place, before it was abruptly cut off. Some sort of spell, it surmised.

And indeed it was.

Not long afterwards, Sapphire flew to perch next to Hugo.

'I have something to show you, ' she said, diffidently, ' would you come look?'

Shrugging was not easy when one is made of stone, but Hugo managed it, and laboriously, hesitantly, it made it's way down to the ground.

There was an air of subdued excitement around him, and a soft whisper of anticipation. Whatever this was, people were looking forward to seeing it. This Sapphire - it seemed she had earned respect from this crowd . .

As if at a signal - Hugo missed exactly what, there was a sound as of bells ringing and the centrepiece of the table became clear.

It glistened and glittered in the miraday sunshine, a translucent model of Notre Dame detailed and exact, and as if untouched by fire. The roof - intact - the rose windows - detailed and tiny - the bell towers - he could see through to the bell chamber - the spire - reaching out as if yearning for the heavens . . beautiful.

A tear, trembled on the age worn stone of its cheek and hung there, a diamond of yearning.

A gentle voice broke the awe struck silence:

'Hugo, I have a reduction spell if you would like to try it - it will reduce you in size until you can enter this sculpture with ease. I don't know, but if you would like to then I will use it on you, and you can visit the Cathedral of your dreams - until you are ready to return to the Real World and your own place.' the voice belonged to an old woman, hunched, and with the wisdom of the ages in her eyes, a voice that belied her apparent age. 'I am Emma, ' she introduced herself,' and I am delighted to make your acquaintance'

Overcome, the diamond tear fell to the ground, capturing mini rainbows in its sparkle, unnoticed.

Hugo nodded, and there was a cracking sound, the sound of stone splintering, as his grief-worn face split into a smile.

'Thank you - merci' was all he managed to say.

And, for a while afterwards, if you looked carefully you might be able to see a miniature gargoyle perched on the turrets of the bell tower, guarding the Cathedral, the faint strains of organ and bell music swirling around the ice sculpture misty and delicate; a memory, a farseeing, a promise of a future.

One day, one day, Hugo would return, and take some of the magic of mira with it to bless the new building, and to return to its warden role. Until then, it is welcome in mira.
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567