World Wanderer story

Name:  Night sky banner.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  32.5 KB
    Greetings Miramagicians
    Name:  Bat white long.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  4.2 KB

You have read the story on the blog, yes? The link is below the chatbox. And here if you need a reminder:
    http://www.miramagia-blog.de/en/season-worldwanderer/

Well, here is the next part:

"A huge meeting tonight!"

Everyone heard it – either from Emma herself, gossip with neighbours or while haggling with market vendors.

Everyone is congregating at the marketplace, without a moment having passed since sunset. Every seat is taken and Miramagians huddle in groups about the place.

Fareeja climbs the steps to the door of the town hall and waits for the voices to quieten.

"My friends, I have completed the spells for the first portal! With your permission, I wish to open it tomorrow and ask Sparkles to join us. As promised, I would first like to tell you about who Sparkles is."

Name:  sparkles.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  14.9 KB

A quick "hiccup!" bursts from the crowd and Miro pushes his way through the crowd of witches, mages, shamans and druids. Dragon hiccups are so annoying: Emma has forbidden him to fly until he's fully recovered.

Fareeja offers the little dragon an encouraging smile and begins to speak.
    "In a distant world without a name, I was searching for answers regarding the magical perturbations. They are even stronger there than they are here, and I had hoped to learn something about the tides governing the magical eddies.* But the paths through the rocky terrain were treacherous and the darkness enveloped me before I had reached my destination. It was completely dark, without a moon in sight; it would've been dangerous to press on with my journey. All I could do was spend the night under the open sky..."

You can decide how Fareeja's story continues!

Give your creativity full reign and discuss your ideas here in the forum.

Have fun reading and writing,

Your Miramagia Team

Last edited by dragonholt; 26th August 2017 at 10:10 PM.
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

Name:  Violet colour gradient question marks.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  5.0 KB

Now, what genre is this going to be? adventure?
    comedy? romance? spooky? thriller? or something else?

What if the spots on sparkles back glow in the dark so she thinks there's stars falling?

Is it an Earth-like world or are there unearthly elements to it?

What do you think?

I will try to incorporate as many of your ideas as I can, and
    write the rest of this chapter, if you wish!

Last edited by (Moon); 27th August 2017 at 12:43 AM.
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

It was completely dark, without a moon in sight; it would've been dangerous to press on with my journey. All I could do was spend the night under the open sky..."

Fareeja paused, and those nearest her could see a slight shiver ruffle across her glorious coloured cloak, while her right hand crept to the patch of black fabric.

' Yes, I remember that night . . .'

She paused again and looked around at her audience, who stared, enraptured. Most of them had never even been to the Real World, and only a few had ventured Beyond the Valleys . . their lives were spent here, in Miramagia, relatively safe, and it was the mission of herself, and those few others, to keep them so, to visit and realise this patch of peace was in part, thanks to them.

Nodding, she sipped from her fresh nettle tea, and resumed her tale. . .
    'It was bitterly cold. Deserts are often cold at night, but this was bone-weary cold. . .the type of cold that seeped into your skin, your brain, the very vessels of blood in your body . . you could almost feel your pulse slowing as crystals formed.
    And dark? An impenetrable dark.
    Fortunately I had my wisp.'

She smiled at the young mageling who was currently 'inspecting' her lantern, a globe of magical light, glowing with a violet haze as the youngster's hand caressed the smooth sphere.

'Even so, the darkness was . . oppressive. So when I saw these other lights; well, at first I thought I was seeing things . . well, you would wouldn't you? Perhaps this planet had glow worms!

Last edited by (Moon); 26th August 2017 at 11:43 PM.
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

The lights had appeared from different directions, and seemed to be leaping in a group towards her. She tried to count the lights . . 2 - 4 . .er - it was pretty difficult with them moving so much! But they certainly seemed to be moving together, as a unit.

What could she do? Not very much. Just her, her witch-light, and her cloak . . and they may not be antagonistic . .surely??

The groups of lights grew closer, and then paused. Now she could make out the lights that made up each cluster . . 12. . no, 13, no 12 . . each cluster held about 12 lights, slightly yellow now they were closer . . no make that 14! each cluster suddenly turned on 2 more lights! White lights with a patch of dark purple . . .wait . . those last two . . not lights . . eyes!

Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

Fareeja remembered feeling quite scared as the clusters of lights made a circle around her; two violet eyes leading each cluster, and then the circle narrowed, with herself as the nucleus.

Then, about 20 yards from her the creatures stopped, paused, blinked, and then turned to face the night away from her.

She turned in a circle . . what was going on? She was surrounded, but they had made no attempt to threaten her - rather it was . . as if they . . .were . . guarding her?

She smiled. Really?

Suddenly she felt completely reassured. She had nothing to fear from these sparkling creatures . .they were like will o the wisps, yes, but also like night lights. With them nearby she need fear no nightly noise.

She settled back onto the ice cold ground, the sand gritty like shaved bits of ice, melting just enough under her to smooth things out a bit. If it wasn't her imagination, it was actually less cold now. Coiling her cape around her, she tucked the red patch near her shoulder like a hot water bottle, and smiled, enjoying the memories of her visit to Tropicaa as they played through to lull her to sleep.

Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

She wasn't certain what woke her, but the heat was the second thing she became aware of . . 2 sources - one in the sky, beating down on her, and another curled uup under her arms.

Startled she peered about.

Ah yes, desert. Sun . . no - 2 suns! No wonder she was so hot! and the warmth in her arms?

She looked down: it was a dark creature, much like the Earthern marten, but with curious greenish depressions scattered along it's back, like ladybug spots . . .

As her arms tightened so the creature roused, yawning to reveal a row of dainty sharp teeth, like a feline . . .and then the eyes shuttered open . . blue as a still pool . . the eyes. . .that had surrounded her last night! Only there had been more than one . . .

She roused herself slowly, shaking off the grains of sand that had worked their way into the folds of her cloak, and set off to walk the perimeter from the night before.

There were small indentations where the creatures had lain, and bounding footprint marks in the sand heading towards the blue misty horizon.

Last edited by (Moon); 28th August 2017 at 01:53 PM.
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

She had to find shelter. Quickly. She could feel her skin drying out; the sweat barely registering before it evaporated. She was not equipped to deal with this incredible furnace of a world.

Selecting a direction at random she started striding through the fire-hot sand, only to find the creature from last night winding between her feet.

'Not that way, huh? ' she said aloud, her voice surprising herself; this world was silent, she realised. How odd.

She chose another direction' one which her companion seemed happier with, and set off towards the blue smudge of the horizon

Twenty minutes - or was it twenty days? - later - the haze consolidated into the wavering shapes of an oasis. She nudged the cloak back over her face, cowled as much as possible from the direct sun, her throat parched; the water skin banging dryly against her leg. How much longer could she go? She daren't look to see where the suns were; they felt as if they were nearly overhead.

She fell.

Blue eyes moved into her narrowing area of sight, and the head bumped against her arm. She could almost make out the creatures impatient meaning; 'Get up! Come on! Don't give up!'

And she did get up, placing one foot in front of the other, watching her hand grasping the staff, gradually pinken, and reddden, scale and flake. It was hot out here.

Just as she felt she could go no further she realised the colour of the sand had changed: not as bleached somehow, it had a softer, more cream tint to it. She looked up.

A canopy of purplish green leaves was just a few steps away; a riot of long, broad, narrow edged leaves filled her sight; a multitude of greens and shades of brown. Where there was plants there was water . . where there was water . . .

Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

She followed Ol' BlueEyes through the oasis to the centre, where a small promontory held cups and a convenient place to sit. Removing her footwraps she let the water in the stone depression cool her feet,, as she leaned over and scooped some of the water.
    Fresh. Good. Sipping it she gazed around her.

Lots of lush green plants filled her vision, with interesting small blue blossoms . . um no, not blossoms - the eyes from last night. She watched, fascinated, as one pair blinked and lit again with the blue of the sapphire gems she used in her portal. Interesting.

A creature detached itself from the stems around her, she was sure it was Ol Blue Eyes approaching her; her companion and guardian guide. Fumbling in her pouch she pulled out the small Babel stone some magic user from the Valleys had given her - Mirella - that was who! - she remembered now - and she was going to visit Miramagia soon . . .and repeating the words Mirella had given her, she waited to see if the magic would take hold.

It did. She soon discovered her Guardian/guide was called Sparkles, and he was the Speaker of his tribe. They would help travellers as best they could, and maintained the oases to help sun-roasted travellers find their equilibrium. He asked about herself, and so she explained about her role as a World Wanderer.

As she spoke, others like Sparkles came and sat around her, listening as she wove her magic with words, weaving images of the worlds she has already wandered; the worlds of Lira and Garrak, Sila and Barra, explaining how they had become her companions, her Team, to call on when necessary, World Wanderers themselves.

Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

It was dusk when she had finished, and she settled down near the water, watching the stars wheel overhead as the temperature plummeted. Sparkles stayed near her, and they murmured together, speaking of this and that, and Fareeja spoke of the significance of her cloak.

Hopes were shared; and fears; dreams and worries; and a friendship was forged that night beneath the frigid stars of the night time here on S'tra, as Sparkles explained it was named. S'tra was a world of contrasts: the harsh desert and it's inhabitants - Fareeja shuddered as her imagination painted a picture from Sparkles' words - she was lucky they found her, she realised. A night of icy beauty; the heat of the day harsh and unforgiving; of barren areas of desert wasteland, and the flourishing oases. Of a silent world of the day; and a living breathing night world.

A further day was spent on S'tra and then Fareeja knew it was time to Wander on. Her magical globe was recharged and her runes were glowing brightly. Time to Wander . . .

She explained to Sparkles and he nodded, his lids hiding his blue eyes.

She made her preparations - collecting dried berries to replace the food she ad eaten; filling her water bottle, rinsing through her clothes, and making her notes for when she had time to write up her Wanderings.

It was decided she would leave as the sun's set, and before the chill of night descended; that brief temperate time. And it was during that time that Sparkles asked to speak with her. He came not alone; a young S'tarian was with him, a young female, with 14 sparkles along her back.

'This is S'ina', he introduced; 'It is her turn to be Speaker and lead our tribe.'

Fareeja acknowledged S'ina, and waited for Sparkles to continue

'I . . I would like to join your Team,' he stuttered.

"And that, dear Miramagicians, is how Sparkles came to join me," concluded Fareeja, noticing her cup was empty, and passing it to Emma with a smile.

With a sigh, her audience, blinked, and surreptitiously stretched - what an adventure they had had!

And the young mageling watched her with eyes huge with untold dreams, where the stars and creatures of a thousand planets lay waiting to be discovered in her imagination, her fingers no longer exploring the light of the globe, but instead stroking and caressing the small black creature at her feet, his sparkles in his fur glinting back the firelight of the village tree, his blue eyes hinting of skies beyond her reach.

A night and a tale to create many a dream, thought Fareeja, and maybe, maybe a Wanderer of the future . .for there were as many worlds to Wander as there were stars in the sky . . .

Until next time dear reader . . until next time

Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM