Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [WORKING ON ]"Tending to the field" - lagging badly

[WORKING ON ]"Tending to the field" - lagging badly

It's unplayable/unusable a lot of the time for me. "Targets" that I've clicked don't register the click, so get negatively scored, and the fairy is the laziest I've ever seen - really slow.

So that wasn't just me, then? I thought maybe that was just me. I will second this as an issue that could use to be addressed.
    If life is becoming a broken record, then maybe the turntable needs a new needle.

Hmm, I had this problem in the beginning but mine now works at full speed. A little too fast sometimes, Lol.
    Buzz words you need to know: Homemade and Japanese because, if I'm going to get fat, I might as well enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rentara View Post
    So that wasn't just me, then? I thought maybe that was just me. I will second this as an issue that could use to be addressed.

Although it has never been very speedy for me, it only started happening as badly as this fairly recently.

Did you try clearing your cache, cookies and flash?
    Because I don't have any problems with the minigame. Also your internet speed might be a factor...
    You have a question? Look here for your answer: Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking for the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them here
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

Try reducing your screen resolution a bit in your computer settings. You can usually get to this in Windows by right-clicking on the desktop background or using the control panel. Not sure what Mac users do; probably involves something similar.

The response time on the screen can be reduced a lot by dropping the resolution down a notch or two. Try it as a temporary measure to see if it works.

Hope this helps

octopia

Quote Originally Posted by Imoen View Post
    Did you try clearing your cache, cookies and flash?
    Because I don't have any problems with the minigame. Also your internet speed might be a factor...
    Yes, they are cleared every time I close the browser. And this happens on different computers and different networks, so it is unlikely to be down to "my" internet speed.

Quote Originally Posted by octopia View Post
    Try reducing your screen resolution a bit in your computer settings.
    Thank you, I'll give it a go, but honestly if it works then that's not very good design.
    Last edited by (Moon); 17th July 2017 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Part of a swear word was hinted at in an obvious manner.

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceDanceur View Post
    Yes, they are cleared every time I close the browser. And this happens on different computers and different networks, so it is unlikely to be down to "my" internet speed.
    I know the browser should remove most data automatically but as I was told by a dev it sometimes is not done properly.
    Please remove those fragments using the clear data function of your browser on a regular basis (I do that twice in a month although my browsers are deleting them anyways.)

That is for cache and cookies.
    But also Flash needs clearing every now and then. It is not done automatically by your browsers. Some data of sites still using flash will be stored on your hard disk. Have a look at the guide for clearing browser data and Flash to find the link for the settings of your Flash player.
    You have a question? Look here for your answer: Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking for the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them here
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

If the speed of someone's internet access (especially for a game with a global audience) or the resolution of the screen settings results in the very serious lag that I am experiencing, then that is not my fault, that is a game design flaw. I live in a very rural region of the U.S., which means that my max mbps is some of the worst in the entire "developed" world. If that's affecting my game play to the extent I am experiencing in this respect, then that sounds more like a reason for me to quit than anything else. Not a great game player retention tool to be so casually dismissive.
    If life is becoming a broken record, then maybe the turntable needs a new needle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast