Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [WORKING ON]Mail suddenly in different language

Update: options regarding the newsletter and emails can be found in your profile settings; SqkyC: I recommend unticking the option on your German account and seeing if the English one has been enabled. This should allow you to receive any such mailings in English rather than German.
    I can confirm that emails and communications are sent in the main language of the server to which you have registered to play.

Further updates as I receive them . . .
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

That what I thought so. The emails are coming in the language that is set as main language of the server. Each server (if) they are sending emails out they send to the email I registered with.

Thank you

In addition to the above . . .today I learned that if you have an account on more than one server then the newsletter is sent in the language of the server you have played the most recently. So if you have accounts on COM and de and the last server you played on before the newsletter was sent out was de then the newsletter will arrive in your inbox in German.

It has been confirmed that selecting the options ion the profile should select the language you receive.

Thank you for prompting me to find this out
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

Oww, so that is something new then and very interesting as well. At least now we know more clear why some emails come in German or French or English .

Thank you so much for digging that out.

Thank you dragonholt I usually just log into the accounts in the order I have them bookmarked, that would explain why I received one letter and not the other. I have unchecked the newsletter option in the .de (I hadn't even realized the option was there!) Now we know how it works, so thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SqkyC View Post
    Thank you dragonholt I usually just log into the accounts in the order I have them bookmarked, that would explain why I received one letter and not the other. I have unchecked the newsletter option in the .de (I hadn't even realized the option was there!) Now we know how it works, so thank you.
    Please be aware that deselecting it in on one server also deselects it on another. If you want to still receive the newsletter then reselect it in the server of the language you would prefer.

Ya apparently they are either all 'on' or all 'off'. I cannot select just one. Now, in spite of unchecking BOTH newsletters on the servers AND clicking 'unsuscribe' in the (German) newsletter itself I STILL receive mail from TG in German!

I deleted the German server account.

Just to sum up as there is confusion:

Select the newsletter if you want it. Then always remember to log out of your preferred language server last each night.

No need to delete accounts in foreign languages. Have fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12