Smile Festive Fun!

Name:  title.JPG
Views: 358
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  announcement.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  212.6 KB

octopia
    Last edited by (Moon); 22nd July 2017 at 02:53 PM.

Hello everyone!

Christmas Puzzles are here! They can now be played in my Portal Worlds any time from now until 26 Dec. There are no prizes, just fun!

Meadow World

Guess the 2 well-known Christmas Carols from the notes (represented on a musical stave by lollipops)! It helps to sing out loud! Some notes are short, some long; the guide to the right will help. Award yourself 5 points for each tune.

Desert World

Santa has delivered presents to 8 houses, but needs your help to work out how many to deliver to the last house. This puzzle is based on the “Magic Square” puzzle (try an internet search if you’re unsure what this is). 5 points for helping Santa.

Snowy World

No puzzle here, just browse the busy Christmas Market. However, get 2 bonus points if you can spot the penguin!

Water World

This puzzle is based on the popular “Word Search” puzzles (again, do a search to find rules). Words can go backwards or forwards, but always in a straight line.

How to play:

There’s a grid of decos (9x9) with each deco representing one letter. That letter is the FIRST letter of the pop-up description you see when you hover your mouse over that deco. This may not always be what you expect from the pic of the deco, but it's the description that counts.

Can't see pop-ups? - Turn them on in your “Profile & Achievements”, “Settings” tab, and check the box “Show tooltips”.

Write down the letters as a grid on a piece of paper, then you’ll be ready to play. See if you can find these festive words in the grid:

ANGEL BELLS CANDLE CAROL CHURCH FROSTY HOLIDAY HOLLY IVY JOY LIGHTS PUDDING REINDEER SANTA SNOW STAR TOYS TREE

Award yourself 1 point per word found.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas to you all!

octopia

Thumbs up

Dear Octo, Thank you! This is so much fun and so creative to see! I have not yet figured everything out yet, but just wanted to express my gratitude for giving us something so delightful & cute!!! xo

Thank you Mimi!

Yes, quite a few players have been chatting about it, especially the "Singing"!

Lots of time still to have a go - answers will be posted here after Christmas.

octopia

Quote Originally Posted by MimiTheBlonde View Post
    Dear Octo, Thank you! This is so much fun and so creative to see! I have not yet figured everything out yet, but just wanted to express my gratitude for giving us something so delightful & cute!!! xo

Octopia, you have done it again girl....thank you so much for giving this old lady something to do and work my forgetful mind...hehehehe...almost got it all..just have to find the words...hhahaha...your friend...always

Smile Answers

Hello everyone!

Here are the answers to the Christmas Puzzles. Well done to those who took part!

Meadow World

The 2 carols are:

1. Hark the Herald Angels Sing
    2. In Dulci Jubilo / Good Christian Men Rejoice (they have the same tune).

Desert World

The answer is 4. Each row, column and diagonal adds up to 18.

Snowy World

The penguin is "helping" the choir. A singing penguin, marvellous.

Name:  penguin.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  74.6 KB

Water World

The hidden words are:

Name:  Word Search Answer.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  12.2 KB

ANGEL BELLS CANDLE CAROL CHURCH FROSTY HOLIDAY HOLLY IVY JOY LIGHTS PUDDING REINDEER SANTA SNOW STAR TOYS TREE (18 words)

If you got all the answers right you'll have a total score of 35 points!

Thanks to everyone who sang, searched and puzzled, and made it such fun!

octopia

Octopia, someone wrote me to show me the errs of my ways..sorry for the mixup and thank you for the great gifts of your mind..and sorry about not knowing you better then I have through the years..Merry Christmas and hope you have a wonderful Happy New Year to come..sir...
    and again..I am sorry of my errs...

No problem nuttynanny. Yes, I've always been a man, always will be!

Quote Originally Posted by nuttynanny View Post
    Octopia, someone wrote me to show me the errs of my ways..sorry for the mixup and thank you for the great gifts of your mind..and sorry about not knowing you better then I have through the years..Merry Christmas and hope you have a wonderful Happy New Year to come..sir...
    and again..I am sorry of my errs...

Thank you so much octopia! I had a lot of fun exploring your portal worlds again and doing the puzzles
    You have a question? Look here for your answer: Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking for the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them here
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.