Thread: a light in the darkness . .

a light in the darkness . .

Greetings Miramagicians,

Our thoughts and prayers have been in several places around the world the last few days; perhaps particularly in France . . although Friday 13th November saw a number of tragedies and disasters; some man made - the terror in Paris; the bombing in Baghdad; the bombing in Lebanon . . and some natural - the earthquakes in Japan, and in Mexico . .
    There has been an outpouring of goodwill and support as well - let us not forget that.
    And social media has been swept with images and words all painting a picture of support love and care.

Such as:
    'Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that'
    Martin Luther King Jr

As a server that spans the world - this affects us.
    We are the light to drive out the darkness; we are the love to cast out hate.

I have an image in my mind but do not have the talent to draw it - here are my words . .

I see a candle, white, tall, lit, the flame wavering but strong and the rays off the light is multicoloured . .red white and blue for Paris; another candle; this time with the colours of Japan radiating outward . . .and so on . . .where one candle can beat the darkness what could a candle for all the 115,000 who lost their life on friday look like?

Feel free to add your tribute - image, or word-picture . . that is up to you.

Edit by Aliya:
    Please also note Rentara's *Paris thread*.
    Last edited by Aliya Silver; 15th November 2015 at 11:19 PM.
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

Love and Peace ... I am sending it to the world. In hopes that it helps us all heal.