Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Growth Races - a survey

Growth Races - a survey

Name:  mirella.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  7.2 KB
    Greetings Miramagicians,

We have now had the Growth Races for a while now . .
    and the High Council would like your views as to how they are going.
    To that end there are 4 questions: we would appreciate hearing your answers:

1. What do you like about the growing races?
    2. What aspects don't you like?
    3. What would you like to see as part of the growing races?
    4. Which aspects can be improved and how?

Please reply to this thread with your thoughts and ideas.

The survey will stay open for one week.

Thank you for your time!

Mirella
    The High Council
    Last edited by Aliya Silver; 30th October 2015 at 10:14 PM.
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

Thumbs down

I thought I had replied to this, but my reply doesn't show up. If you see this twice, I apologize.

The short answer is that I don't like these races at all, and won't do them. There are several reasons, but the main answer is that every time I have tried, I did miserably, not even placing, and they seem a waste of time - the only way to win seems to be to use up far too many of rare resources (fertilizer spells) as well as careful preparation, and even then the odds of winning are small.

What I would like to see is the races removed, although since some people obviously love them, I don't care if they stay or not. However, making them be a part of the tasks for clearing a world means I'd rather spend rubies to get rid of them (and reroll) than play - and so I'm less likely to /buy/ rubies.

I don't particularly like the growing races. I have done a few of them since the task became part of the portal islands and have only been successful at placing once. Every other time I have had the task I have rolled the dice to get rid of it. From what I can see of the races the winners typically have the expand field and must be using fertilizers as well as a high level of seal of returns on their field. The last race I participated in was winking roots - the winner grew over 23,000 in 30 minutes. how can an average player even remotely compete with that?

The races are not in my way, so to speak, when playing the game so they could stay as they are. However, they should NOT be a part of the island tasks as in some cases it is almost impossible to place in the top three and even harder when the task is to win FIRST in the race.

I also have had a similar experience to the growth races as both Dervish1 and Brighteyes18 but here are my answers:

1. What do you like about the growing races?
    It gives me something extra to do, for example when I am adding to the gold pot its great to time it to a race or when I need race and plants for the island tasks it can work out as a bonus.

2. What aspects don't you like?
    Basically the reverse of what I just said, often their is little advantage to participating because the island tasks don't line up or the gold pot 1hr plant never lines up with a race.

3. What would you like to see as part of the growing races?
    Having at least 1 race available for each plant in the roster would be nice. And more ribbons; more then character limitations and win limitations (5,15,30,...)

4. Which aspects can be improved and how?
    I understand the advantages of spells and extended fields but those are easy to obtain through the valley tasks. Its kind of like the harvest races and big orders, it would be nice to have more ribbons then 5, 15, 30 and infinity.

1.) It gives me an excuse to multi-task. I often find a big order that has a few growing race plants in it, participate in races, then donate the plants to the big order. Unfortunately, it doesn't really net me anything extra, because...

2.) I have had similar experiences to others above. I understand that there are players out there who can spend all of their time and resources stockpiling certain things in the way of fertilizer and so on, but I am distinctly NOT one of them. I attend school and have a job, so on the off chance that I even have time to participate in a growing race, I set limits on what I use towards it, because those precious resources often are much more useful elsewhere.

3.) I wonder if some of this could be solved by introducing a new type of growing race, for an extra challenge? What I mean is, make a certain category of growing race, easily spotted with its own ribbon or token, where resources are not allowed at all (or only certain resources are allowed, such as the downpour spell but not fertilizer). Then it comes down to who can click fastest and who has the best luck at harvesting, rather than who can afford to spend the most.

4.) I would agree with some of the other suggestions that having more ribbon categories available could be helpful. Or, moreso, actual categories of players, like a ranking system. Then those who are willing to spend all those resources would quickly move into upper brackets and leave lower brackets for those of us who are occasional participants or more casual players.
    If life is becoming a broken record, then maybe the turntable needs a new needle.

I like them

I like the growing races as they are.
    1) They are an additional challenge if you have time to participate.
    2) That they do not tell what others submitted ... but I think also that any other option would be unfair or not doable ...
    3) Also longer growing plants.
    4) Sorry - no idea ... I think they are good as they are.

I don't like the growing races, I have done a few before a transformation, because of the tasks on the new islands, only players of a very high level can win, you need all the spells and a field without any rakes to have any chance of winning. I don't like using my mushroom to help, also the winnings are pitiful and not worth the hassle. I am nearly at the end of my ice island and I have 5 growing races to do, what chance would I have at getting 3rd place in all 5? I will roll the dice when I have finished the other quests. If you want to change them I would suggest that the growing races should have better plants and prizes also the main difference they should be restricted to different levels. That is the only way that lower levels have a chance of winning.

pumpkin8:
    What I like about them is they don't take to long to complete.
    What I dis like is it is next to impossible to win one because the high level transformers have so many more resources they can easily out produce lower level transformers and non transformers.
    What I would like to see is limits on wins per a period of time. That way players with less resources might have a chance at even placing in them. If nothing else take them out of the island tasks and replace them with something everyone can do, The islands are hard enough without having to place 3rd or higher 3 times just to clear one square. People will simply give up trying to win races and/or clear the islands if nothing is done about this. I won't even enter a race if all 5 positions are held by high level transformers as it is a waste of my time.
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

Growing races do not interest me. I prefer the leisurely pace of the game's other activities.

I'm much more interested in seeing development go in the direction of being able to give things to others, help others, trade one-on-one with others.

1. What do you like about the growing races? Nothing. I refuse to do any more of them.
    2. What aspects don't you like? I hate it that in order to place, you have to use many Master fertilizers and all of the other possible ways to speed up growth. This eliminates players who can't do that.
    3. What would you like to see as part of the growing races? I would like to see them end.
    4. Which aspects can be improved and how? Eliminate them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast