Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Showcase of Valley Stories

Showcase of Valley Stories

Dear Miramagicians,

recently a series of stories was started in valley chats. Every player who wants to participate is invited to write a sentence - people take turns.
    In some valleys the stories developed quite well and we'd like to put them on display here.

All thanks for this thread go to
    Pam877, who is constantly collecting the new additions of the stories
    and to punkpoet182, who is doing a great job editing the stories so they are an easy read!

If you want to read your valley's story or those of other valleys, you can select the wanted valley in the list below and click it. But be careful, there are a number of valleys that are named almost the same, like "Flux Valley" and "Valley of Flux".
    If your valley doesn't have a story yet, well... why not start one? It's never too late!

List of valleys

Valley of Lakes
    Flux Valley
    Capricorn Canyon
    Valley of Roses
    Forest Valley
    Valley of Sorcery
    Valley of Wonders
    Moon Canyon
    Nipper Valley
    Valley of Foxes
    Aries Valley
    Aries Canyon
    Kin Canyon
    Valley of Rivers
    Libra Valley
    Birch Canyon
    Valley of Birches
    Valley of Spring
    Silver Valley
    Gemini Canyon
    Owl Canyon
    Valley of Stones
    Meadow Canyon
    Golden Lake
    Sickle Canyon
    Raven Valley
    Valley of Eternity
    Rainbow Valley
    Wish Valley
    Stone Canyon
    Wander Valley
    Valley of Nippers
    Valley of Owls
    Valley of Ravens
    Valley of Sickles
    Valley of Stars
    Valley of Wells
    Valley of Wisdom
    Valley of Wishes
    Valley of the Moon
    Valley of the Sun
    Wander Canyon
    Boulder Valley
    Valley of Dragons
    Valley of Flux
    Valley of Forests
    Valley of Gemini
    Valley of Gold
    Skye Meadows
    Valley of Magic
    Valley of Meadows
    Travians
    Last edited by Aliya Silver; 1st December 2014 at 08:10 PM.
    You have a question? Look here for your answer: Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them here
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

Valley of Lakes

Welcome to the Story / the Stories of Valley of Lakes.

Valley of Lakes

Nik flipped the curious looking note inspecting it... Why had that elf given it to her of all people? And why was he in such a hurry?
    The Elf had been seen running down the street, but down there was only the damp and foggy docks... She stood there waiting, debating whether or not to open the folded thin parchment or follow the elf. Her thoughts were disrupted with the sound of hooves, lots of them!
    Oh no ... Are they coming for her? She quickly hides the note in her pocket and scurries to the old hut. She ran as fast as she could. The sound of the hooves came nearer and nearer. She looked over her shoulder and saw...
    Daisy???
    On closer inspection she noticed that something was tied around her neck. She rubbed her eyes and took a second look. It was shiny and looked like a dragon egg? Could that be....?
    She turned and looked after the elf, and noticed that he had dropped a pouch and inside was some funny looking seeds... They had a glow about them...
    She picked up the seeds and planted them firmly in loose soil, to be met with an unexpected transformation.. Resulting in her skin bearing previously unseen glyphs; she cannot understand their meaning. The seeds started growing ... And growing, they kept on growing... Until a tiny seedling popped out it was... A miramagia tree and the glyphs on her body started to shine brighter and brighter... It was the most beautiful tree she had seen, but what could the graphs mean... she thought, 'let me go to see the old wizard in the next village.'
    The old wizard gave her some good advice, "conserve, build up your storehouse, save up your gold and mana, because you will need them in the competitions" then they heard a noise.
    The noise that they heard was that the competition they were put in for was ending. Not knowing who the winner, they went over and peaked at the leader board .
    Ok, she peered out of the trapdoor seeing a mysterious shadow realizing, PARTY TIME!
    The noise came from the back of the house. She ran outside only to see a distant shadow running down the street.
    'Now who could that have been' she wondered. Was it the big creature that leaves footprints in the snow?... Ah the elusive snack tray thief?
    Or maybe, just maybe the mysterious winter wolf?
    No, the footprints belonged to a two footed animal, with some interesting sweeping marks alongside. . .wings? Or very very long arms....
    Could it be the legendary silver Griffin? Or the Griffin's little brown-feathered brother, "Griffy"?
    If it was Griffy he had not quite grown into the majestic stature of his brother but was rather a mischievous fellow who left pointy things in chairs and tightened cords between trees to trip road travelers
    Whammy sneaks by and cuts the rope and smiles.
    Oh thank you, she cried, I have been plagued by him and I am trying so hard to...

Contributors

niknar
    hellfiresoldier
    eiclops
    cazzers
    evilcrowofdoom
    goodwisha
    nuttynanny
    lazure
    stormborn
    xxX-korri-Xxx
    Solehah Azam
    Pam877
    Last edited by punkpoet182; 24th December 2014 at 10:01 PM.

Flux Valley

Welcome to the Story / the Stories of Flux Valley.

Flux Valley

Nik stood there... Debating whether or not to open the curious looking note the elf gave her earlier... Who was he? Why was he in such a rush to give this to me?
    In the envelope there was a fragile old map and a hastily-written note.
    Nik looked at the note, but it was written in an ancient language she did not know…
    Nik was confused but definitely excited, this whole thing seemed like something straight out of one of her adventure books!
    She splashed through the puddles of the rain-drenched streets of the city until she reached the Sorcerer's Shop. - only he would be able to decipher the script. With her heart pounding she entered ...
    It was busy... Really busy and the place smelt worse than it usually did... Why did magic potions have to smell so bad?
    Edging her way through the crowded room, she saw all sorts of characters. Witches, warlocks, elves, trying to get a glimpse of the Sorcerer himself.
    There he was.. His robes changing colour with every movement he made. He was a sight to be seen
    but he was busy helping a warlock ... both heads together stirring a pot.
    The Sorcerer handed the vessel to the warlock, who drank it, placed 100 gold coins on the counter, and walked out, singing to himself.
    The Sorcerer looked around the room, deciding who to serve next, not on order of arrival but on his own interest. He stopped and looked at nik, with a smile on his face. With a crooked finger beckoning nik towards him.
    A book of spells creaked open by itself, on the altar behind him.
    Nik handed the note and the map to the Sorcerer. Through his pince-nez he read the ancient script, his lips moving as if sounding the words. He finished, glanced at the map and looked up at Nik ...
    "Where did you get this from?" he asked, "It has only been mentioned in stories for centuries, I can't believe it actual exists!"
    The Sorcerer reread it again, and looked at the map. The Sorcerer leaned closer to Nik and told her.
    "This is the recipe for the legendary Healing Potion of Mira", he whispered. "You must collect 3 items and bring them to me to make the potion."
    "A carrot, a toad and a mouse"
    Nik left the sorcerer quickly to go in search of the 3 items.
    The carrot was easy ... She had dozens of them in her shed, but where to get the other two?....
    Nik found the toad on the road. Then looked in the house for the mouse.
    She hopped and she skipped, searched and she looked... No mouse in this house, perhaps it fell in the well?
    Then she went down into the cellar. Behind a small door she found a mouse. It was a dormouse.
    It wasn't just any ordinary dormouse, its fur glowed with golden light and eyes shone pale and blue. It gave of fan aura of pure energy…
    The pure energy came from the love she found in her friends and family. The glow showed the wonderful kindness she had for others in her life and was willing to share.
    Her blue eyes are for the bluest summer sky. She would go from home to home to share with others her love and joy
    So, armed with Magic Mouse, Road Toad and Crunchy Carrot, Nik returned to the Sorcerer's Shop
    The door was locked, the place seems closed. "But it's always open!" she thought. She peers around at the neighbouring shops…
    She walked to each and every store and noticed that they are all looked closed. "She checked each door"
    "Boo!", said the Sorcerer, as he suddenly appeared in the city square. "Sorry, we were all in a Shopkeeper's meeting to discuss the festive decorations for the city", he explained.
    "I see you have the 3 items", he continued, "come into the shop". Nik and the Sorcerer went into the shop and closed the door. He carefully placed the mouse, toad and carrot on the counter.
    "I've always wanted a magic mouse", he said. "I think I'll keep him here in the shop". He fed the carrot to the mouse. "Now, the toad is really, really important, because he's the only one who can read the map". "Ah", said Nik, and placed the toad on the map.
    The toad walked all over the ancient map, apparently reading the ancient symbols. Nik and the Sorcerer looked on, amazed. The toad stuck out it's tongue, pointing at the big mountain in the centre with a star at the base....
    "Thank you toad", said Nik, and gave the little amphibian a dead fly to eat. "Thanks", said the toad. "Cartography is easy", he said and smiled from ear to ear.
    She set off to explore the mountain, as she journeyed, she came across a dark figure in the bushes...
    Despite her fear of dark places, she reached in. There was something hiding there. It was large and knobbly and was wearing a camel-haired coat. It was a camel. "Hulloooo", said the camel in low voice.
    She jumped back, startled and all, and then asked "how the camel can talk?"
    "Of course I talk", said the camel. "Need to get somewhere? I'm the fastest taxi cab in the land". "Do you have a name?" asked Nik.
    "Across the Great Mira Desert they call me 'Dances-With-Speed-Cameras', but you can call me "Sandy'". Nik thought for a moment, then said "right, your hired", and climbed on.
    Sandy lumbered off at a stately pace.
    "We need to go faster", said Nik. "OK, hold on to something", said Sandy the camel. Nik put her arms round something big and square. "What's this?" she asked ."Oh, that's the mini-bar, help yourself".
    "Don't mind if I do," she said, but before she could take a drink Sandy stumbled to her knees...
    "ow," she said in shock. "what's wrong?" Nik cried.
    "It's these high heels, they really dig into the sand", explained Sandy the camel. She kicked off the shoes, engaged the camel equivalent of warp speed and shot across the desert like a rocket...
    The scenery flashed past in a blur until suddenly Sandy screeched to a halt. "Which way now?", she asked.
    Nik replied, "hang on, I've got a map." Unfolding the map, Nik gasped when she saw the toad was still inside. "At the end of the dunes, turn right", said the toad. "Wow", exclaimed Sandy, "Road Toad Sat Nav - cool!"
    "It's called ToadToad, to be exact!" said the toad.
    Nik folded the map carefully with the toad inside and placed it in her bag. Sandy the camel turned right, and there in front of them was the Big Star Mountain.
    The villagers greeted them as they passed, surely they asked "you are not attempting to go to the mountain? It is rumoured that Big Star Mountain has mystical powers that can be dangerous if misused."
    "We need to go there to get the ingredients for the Mystical Healing Potion", explained Nik, "and a bunch of scary monsters aren't stopping us". (Nik can be quite determined sometimes!).
    The villagers parted and let Nik and Sandy pass, whispering among themselves...
    They approached the mountain, and found a cave leading inside. Nik lit a lamp (that the story narrator had kindly provided) and they went in ...
    The bats squealed and fluttered around their heads, but they ventured further in carefully picking their way over the uneven ground when suddenly an icy scream ran through the cavern, so Nik chased after it, grabbed a nearby spoon, and ate it as she explored further. "Mmm, raspberry ice cream, yummy", she said. but that was not all that was in the cavern with her. She looked over her shoulder and there in the darkness she saw two big glowing eyes. Her heart was pounding, her palms were sweaty, what now she thought.
    The pulsating blue glowing eyes came closer and closer. "Boo!", said Sandy the camel. "Night vision goggles ", she explained, "don't they look cool on me!". Nik breathed a sigh of relief. "Phew"
    Let me sit a moment Sandy... my heart is about to burst....
    "No time for sitting about", said Sandy. "Jump up here and let's search deeper into the labyrinth of caves". Nik hauled herself up onto Sandy's back again and then rode steadily onward, deeper into the cavern searching for the ingredients. Up ahead a faint shimmer reflected off of the ice that began forming crystal patterns on the walls.
    Icicles hung from the roof like giant teeth. From within her bag, Nik heard a voice. She took out the map and unfolded it. "You have reached your destination", said the toad, and grinned, but before that grin became a smile there was a rumble all throughout the cavern, laser beams of colour shot around pinging off the walls, blue, green, red... what now?
    A deep evil laugh came from within the mountain. "Mwahahaha".
    No, more evil than that.
    "Mwahaahaahaa."
    Better!.
    Toad hid inside the map. Nik closed her eyes, Sandy looked for a tree to hide behind but as the quite dragged on .... Nik peeked to see what had laughed so evil... And there in the centre of the cavern stood a dwarf. With a megaphone. He was trying to look fierce, but Nik felt herself starting to giggle. "Why do you try to frighten people?" asked Nik.
    "Because . . because . ." he looked a bit sheepish, 'because people just laugh when they see me . . I want to be big and strong’
    "...well" Nik said, "frightening people does not make you big and strong, but helping me, on the other-hand…"
    "Also", continued the dwarf, "I have to guard of this secret box of magic ingredients." They all looked at the wooden box. "Oh, I probably wasn't supposed to mention that", said the dwarf.
    You could feel the excitement dancing in the room, they thought this was the missing link, the answer they were searching for…
    "Grab the box", whispered Sandy the camel.
    "I have a better idea", whispered Nik. She said to the dwarf, "how about we help you feel big and strong by coming with us to see the Sorcerer in the city? Oh, and please bring the box with you?"
    The dwarf tapped his foot, looked between Sandy, Nik, the chest, and floor, hummed a few times then said, "You mean I get to meet the Sorcerer?".
    "Yes", said Nik. "In that case, I'll help you", said the dwarf. He carefully loaded the box of secret magical ingredients onto Sandy's back.
    It didn't take long to see the City. Strange how that happens in magic places and then it was time to go in to the sorcerers shop.
    The dwarf started shaking, he was so nervous, what if he was making a mistake…
    "Come in, come in", said the Sorcerer, his eyes catching sight of the wooden box. Nik and the dwarf approached the counter, and placed the box of secret of magical ingredients in front of the Sorcerer.
    He rubbed his hands together glancing at the trio before him and said… "At last, now we can make the legendary Healing Potion of Mira". He unfolded the note the elf had written (you may remember him from the start of this tale), and carefully selected items from the box.
    "Quite a collection of treasures here" he said to the dwarf as he pulled out an elusive and rare vial of turquoise liquid and set it aside...
    "What's that?", asked Nik. "Bath oil", replied the Sorcerer, and smiled. There were no customers in the shop, so the Sorcerer turned the shop sign to "CLOSED".
    Then he picked up the various ingredients and beckoned them through a doorway at the rear of the shop marked "Laboratory" ...
    Nik followed excitedly, she had never been in a lab… There were bottles bubbling over everywhere in a rainbow of colours ... Wow what a sight, but he never even looked up as he walked to the rear table.
    He was focused only on the note and the ingredients in hand. On the back wall where shelves of bottle with everything you could think of inside them.... He reached for the Big Book of Smells. "Oops", he said, "wrong book", and reached instead for the Big Book of Spells. "So easy to get them muddled up", he explained. He turned the pages until he found the cleansing spell which was a required step if they wanted the healing potion to remain pure, for if not he'd be turned into into a ballpoint pen and stuck that way forever. No one would ever know what had happened to him.
    The Sorcerer recited the magic words, watched by Nik, the Dwarf, and Sandy the Camel (who despite being very large had managed to get through the doorway). The Sorcerer waved his hands ...
    Sparks flew from his fingertips in a rainbow of colours…. The air was filled with soap bubbles, swirling around the lab. There was a sloshing sound from the floor, and suddenly the bubbles vanished and the previously gloomy lab now sparkled.
    He cackled joyfully "now we can start the healing potion”
    He connected different tubes together, various oddly shaped vessels, some carrots, a few stone truffles, and finally some magic ingredients from the box. From the corner of the lab he heard shattering glass, he twirled, glared and said "What have you done?" Then he looked down and saw the cute little face of Magic Mouse who had knocked over a test tube. "Come on Magic Mouse", he said, and carefully picked him up and put him in his pocket.
    Turning back to the workbench he lit the Bunsen burner. Liquids fizzed. Bubbles burst. Steamy green smoke filled the air. Finally the glass flask at the end of the bench was filled with green liquid.
    He did a double take, green? it was supposed to be magenta…
    I wonder if this has anything to do with that Leprechaun he saw the other day... Hmmmm.
    "Why is it the wrong colour?" asked Nik. "I think we're missing just one ingredient", replied the Sorcerer. "We need a small packet of pure, crushed dittany, found only in Sacred Moon and that requires another journey... Here," said the Sorcerer, pointing to a map he had on the wall. "It's a long way, over rough terrain."
    "Oh dear", said Nik, Sandy and the Dwarf all together. "But luckily, you can teleport there fast"
    "Teleport, really? Since when, how????" Nik was so excited, this was more like it.
    The Sorcerer waved his wand and said something magical. Yellow sparks flew round the lab, and with the wand he drew a yellow spiral on the floor. Nik applauded. Sandy cheered, and the dwarf fell over in amazement (luckily he didn't have far to fall).
    "Walk carefully on the spiral," he said, and as they did as they were told the room wavered and shimmered and the next thing they knew the walls of the lab turned into thousands of butterflies and blew away on the breeze. The ceiling turned into a canopy of leaves and the floor was now that of a forest, damp mysterious and there before them was a mystical forest, a ring of tall stones, and shining above them a full double moon, shimmering in the darkness...
    "Wow did I just time travel?" Thought Nik....
    In the undergrowth, leaves rustled. Numerous bugs with more legs than was mechanically necessary wriggled about. "Which way now?" asked Sandy. Nik took out the map and unfolded it...
    Where was the best place to find the plant, what exactly was Sacred Moon, the peered hopefully looking for answers…
    Inside the map, Sat Nav Toad was sleeping. He woke up. "Which way?" asked Nik. The toad pointed, not at the map, but upwards, to something that was falling out of a tree and down drifted feathery pink petals with a scent unlike any she had ever smelled before.
    Above them, high in the trees was the legendary Rosy Bird, so called because it makes it's nest from rose petals. Now it was flying down to greet them.
    It landed on Sandy's head and cocked its head sideways examining them, did a little hop around taking another good long look at Nik, ruffled its feathers and announced.
    "Greetings, travellers, and welcome to The Magic Forest". "Thanks", said Nik, and handed Rosy Bird a biscuit she'd been carrying.
    "For me?" said the bird, "my oh my, what lovely manners, it has been so long'…
    "We're looking for some dittany plant to make a magic potion", said Nik. "Would you know where we can find some?" asked Sandy. Rosy Bird finished eating the biscuit and said.
    "Dittany? Are you the One? The ancient scrolls foretold the coming of travellers from afar seeking this rare plant".
    "Well I'm One", said Nil.
    "And I'm one", said Sandy.
    "And he's one an' all", continued the camel, pointing at the dwarf.
    Did the scrolls mention 3"?
    The rosy bird cocked its head again, "no actually it didn't but prophecies are not often complete and this one has gone full circle"
    "You can get dittany from the Moss Giant who sleeps at the top of that hill", said Rosy Bird, pointing with a wing. "Actually, he IS the hill, but you'll need to climb up to his head to get the plant”
    Nik, Sandy, and the dwarf looked at the giant then back at the bird, "will he wake up when we gather the plant?" they asked.
    "If he does", continued Rosy Bird, "just feed him some snoozle berries. He likes those". So, eqipped with this helpful tip, our 3 brave heroes (and the toad) set off towards the hill.
    They stepped gingerly as they climbed to the top fearful of awakening him even though they had the snoozle berries, Sandy especially, she was glad she didn't have the heels on any more..
    A steep rock, shaped like a nose, was ahead. They climbed over it, avoiding the bogeymen that live in these parts, and arrived right at the top of the hill.
    Dittany plant was growing everywhere ...
    They ran to gather the plant when suddenly the hill began to shimmy and shake, the Moss Giant was awakening. Suddenly the Dwarf grabbed the snoozle berries and rushed over to where the giant's mouth was.
    Meanwhile Sandy harvested the dittany plant and Nik collected it in her bag. The giant opened one eye and the dwarf showed him the berries, he opened his mouth causing Nik and Sandy to stumble backwards, he eventually came to a stop at the bottom. He stood up and brushed the moss off his jacket (proof that a rolling dwarf DOES gather moss). Moments later, Sandy and Nik came hurtling past …
    When they came to a stop, Nik held up the dittany in triumph and helped brush the moss of of the dwarf...
    They were back at the edge of the forest. It would soon be night, and already the mist was swirling round the twisted ghostly trees. Nik shivered. "We need to find our way back", she said
    Just then Nik heard the rustling of paper and out popped the toad...
    "Hello toad", said Nik. "We're lost and we need to get back to the city. Which way should we go?". The toad turned to face a circle of stones at the edge of the forest. There in the centre was a teleportation device, it looked nothing like what they had seen earlier so they approached it with caution.
    Sparks flew round the circle of stones and there was a buzzing noise. "I suppose we just wish to be back in the Sorcerer's shop, and hope", said Sandy.
    "Here goes then", said Nik, and wished hard …
    Sandy whispered "click your heels, just in case", and suddenly they were hurtling and spinning round and round until they landed in a pile on the sorcerers floor…
    The Sorcerer was standing just where he'd been as if no time had passed at all. Sandy the Camel untangled herself and stood up (which took a while, and is best explained using diagrams not words.)
    Nik and the dwarf followed suit, the toad rustled in side the map, the sorcerer said "You met with success I assume"
    "We did", exclaimed Nik, and proudly handed the Sorcerer the dittany plant.
    He ground it into a powder and mixed it with the solution from the experiment. "Success!" he shouted, as the liquid changed.
    The excitement in the room built to a feverish pitch, they were witnessing history in the making of the healing potion of Mira...
    The Sorcerer reached for a box labelled "Vials : AF". "What are those?" asked Nik.
    "Magic 'Always Full' vials", replied the Sorcerer. "The contents replenish by magic so they never empty"
    "So that means you will always have the Healing Potion?" she asked
    "That's right", said the Sorcerer, decanting the magical liquid into some of the vials. He placed the vials on the shelf, except for one, which he gave to Nik. "Now, you must find the Elf again".
    Nik looked at Sandy, Sandy looked at the dwarf, and the dwarf looked at the toad..."What?" He Asked.
    Suddenly a squeaking sound came from the Sorcerer's pocket . "Of course!" exclaimed the Sorcerer, "Magic Mouse". He reached in and carefully lifted the mouse out, placing it on the workbench.
    It scurried up to the shelf holding the freshly bottled potion and nudged it with his twitching nose…
    "I wonder ...", said the Sorcerer, and placed a drop of the Healing Potion on the tip of his finger. He held it close to the mouse who sniffed it once, then licked the drop of magic potion.
    Whoosh the mouse suddenly changed, grew larger, and, there before them stood ... The Elf!
    He shook himself all over, rubbed his face, and looked at the group... What an adventure you have had, I am very, very pleased with you."
    "Thank you for undoing the mouse prank spell. Now I need to ask for help just once more. My Village Tree is dying, and we need the Healing Potion to bring it back to life, that's why I wrote the note” He finished
    The trio looked at each other, we need to take it to the tree?....
    The Sorcerer pointed at the yellow spiral still engraved in the floor. "Just say where you want to go", he said. Nik clutched a vial of the Healing Potion, and they all moved into the spiral excitedly
    to the village tree they said, the room again wavered and shimmered as before and suddenly they were there, in the Elf's village. Stormy skies rumbled above them, crops looked withered. In the centre, the sight of the Village Tree, more dead than alive, made their hearts sink.
    How did it get soo bad.... They looked at each other and shook their heads....
    "There's no time to lose", said Nik, and took the vial of Healing Potion from her bag. She approached the Village Tree, and poured the entire contents on to the ground around it ...
    The tree quivered, the ground shook, a deep groaning was heard through out the village, a tiny bud appeared and then another, until the tree was covered. Buds grew into leaves which stretched themselves upwards towards the sun that was now appearing from behind the clouds. The life-force radiated outward.
    The transformation was incredible, music began to to drift in the air, and one by one the villagers wandered out and formed a circle around the tree.
    Crops in the fields burst back into life. In the gardens, flowers bloomed, butterflies fluttered by, and birds began to sing!
    The villagers danced happily around the newly revived tree and decided it was time for a party, and not just any party…
    The Elves decorated the village with streamers. Sandy the Camel helped with the tree decorations. She also turned out to be very good at blowing up balloons, despite having never seen them before.
    The baker stoked up the wood oven and delicious smells wafted on the gentle breeze, the sound of music and laughter echoed ll around, the dwarf took the children to gather flowers for garlands.
    A table was set up under the village tree, and everyone brought food and gathered around. In a flash of fire the Sorcerer appeared to join in the party. Gifts were given out to everyone ...
    "Hear ye, hear ye" he called out, "I would like to give thanks to Nik, Sandy the Camel, the Dwarf, and to Sat Nav Toad for bravely helping the Elves and their village". Big cheers and little cheers were heard as everyone applauded and, in the centre of the Elf Village under the blossoming Village Tree, the 4 heroes of our story looked at one another proudly knowing they had made some Miramagian creatures very happy! The end.

Contributors

Niknar
    custodian
    grinandbearit
    Eiclops
    Gennysis
    Cazzers
    Miss Piggy
    Evilcrowofdoom
    Stormborn
    Lazure
    Wolfinn
    Brave_soul
    pam887
    cher21057
    illusions
    dragonholt
    Last edited by punkpoet182; 8th March 2015 at 10:13 PM.

Capricorn Canyon

Welcome to the Story / the Stories of Capricorn Canyon.

Capricorn Canyon

Nik flipped the curious looking note inspecting it... Why had that elf given it to her of all people? And why was he in such a hurry?
    She stood there looking from the fast disappearing Elf and the note crumbled in her hand with confusion etched on her face.
    Slowly the confusion left her and she realized she had better hurry home and read the note, maybe it would lead to a great adventure like she dreamed of when she was a child.
    So looking quickly around she turned and ran, with no particular idea as to why she needed to run, but she was excited something about this note was exciting, she just knew it!
    Rushing through the front door she bounded up the stairs to her room; Where she closed the door... Sat down at her desk and just as she started to unfold the note... Her door opened....
    She quickly hid the note under a book and turned to see her older brother looking at her curiously.... With a smile she asked in a nervous voice (which she hoped he didn't pick up on) "So...what's up?"
    "That's just what I was wondering." He replied.
    Stan knew something was up, in all her life she had never been able to get anything past her brother. What to do what to do. She panicked
    "What do you want?" She blurted out
    Leaning, very casually on the door frame he replied "The way you came flying up those stairs means you're up to something, and I want in on it." He grinned very innocently at her.
    Knowing that she had lost the battle before it even started she slowly took the note out from under the book and motioned for her brother to close the door.
    Then he looked at the note and saw that it was written in "that" writing her and her uncle Ben use to use ...
    She thought to herself, "Now where did I put that notebook with the secret decryption code?" She said sarcastically whilst peering up at Stan she said "I was just in a hurry to jot down some gift ideas for your upcoming birthday... any suggestions ?
    As if reading her mind her brother went over to the her dusty corner shelving and grabbed Moxxie her old bedraggled bear backpack from when she was little.
    Drats she thought no use even trying to trick him. "Did he know more than he letting on?" she wondered to herself.
    "Is this a good idea?"
    "Course it is, lets go hiking" He replied.
    Once she finished muttering to herself she looked up at Stan in mock anger as he suddenly burst out laughing at her.
    Then she hit him on the head with Moxxie, covering them both in a cloud of dust and old cobwebs.
    As the notebook containing the secret code fell onto the floor between them...
    It fell open to a page,that she was sure was an exact picture, of the Elf. On the other side was the secret pathway behind the waterfall behind their house and the code for the note. She looked up again at Stan as he said "Well it looks like we are going on an adventure Uncle Ben style" as he walked to his room in a hurry.
    As Stan headed to his room, she dug into the back of her closet to retrieve the old wooden box containing a necklace that Uncle Ben had given her for her 4th birthday. It had a star and moon amulet hanging from it. Taking it back to the desk she checked it against the picture of the Elf...
    The necklace matched exactly.
    Now I wonder what Stan was up to ...
    She quickly hid the necklace in Moxxie and started to decipher this message before Stan got back and interrupted her again.
    It read
    'Dear Nik, Happy 15th Birthday. This is the first of 4 puzzles you will need to decipher. You will need your note book and Moxxie. You will also need to find where you hid the necklace I gave you for your birthday. This is the start of your birthday adventure. You will also...'
    Just then she heard Stan returning.
    "How is it going with that code any luck?" Stan asked.
    "It says we are to go to the waterfall cave and that this is one of 4 messages"
    "The...The waterfall cave... Oh, I have a bad feeling about this already...Considering what happened... You know... The last time we went there with Uncle Ben," Stan said nervously.
    "Oh, I don't need to be reminded of that..." she murmured.
    After all she has celebrated this day for more years than you have fingers....
    Grabbing their packs they headed out stopping by the kitchen to grab some food;. Remembering all the lessons they had learnt from Uncle Ben about the mystical world they were heading too…
    As they approached the secret pathway behind the waterfall, Nik asked Stan "Do you have the secret code?"
    Stan patted his pockets but couldn't find the paper. Just as she was about to suggest they go back and get it... Stan remembered he had put it in the front pocket on moxie....
    He pulled it out and suddenly a great gust of wind sprang seemingly out of nowhere and whipped furiously around them as if trying to rip it from his grasp...
    "No!" he cried, "I mustn't lose this, be still oh wicked wind, and find another to torment with his words.." Evil pixies became visible within the whirlwind... Nic immediately withdrew the spray bottle of vinegar from within moxie and took aim…
    She sprayed in to the tormentors and it worked, the pixies flew off in a great huff, 'I am safe' she thought...
    Until she heard a rumbling from deep underneath the ground where she stood. She and Stan looked at each other with panic in their eyes as Nic asked... Do you think it 's her? The protector of the pixies; "I hope not" replied Stan "or we are in for a heck of a Storm" but as they said that a strong wind started to pick up and...
    "Hurry" cried Nic "we must get to the cave behind the waterfall...." And off they ran through the twisting and turning tunnel... Strong winds tearing at them as lightning began to flash up ahead they could see the waterfall shimmering in the storm as if it had a life of its own. Fear went straight to her heart but she had to get to the cave. She bowed her head and pushed on through the raging storm coming ever closer to the waterfall. Nik was soaked to the bone but she had to make it... Suddenly she slipped and lost her footing.... She reached out to grab a large boulder protruding from the wall of the tunnel; as she was pulling herself to her feet, the boulder closed around her forearm and whispered "hush", as Nik screamed bloody murder,...

Contributors

Niknar
    friday
    Shyrie
    Eiclops
    Tomatoes
    Pherigrine
    Sheonia
    Evilcrowofdoom
    freddo
    Pam877
    Last edited by punkpoet182; 24th December 2014 at 10:55 PM.

Valley of Roses

Welcome to the Story / the Stories of Valley of Roses.

Valley of Roses

Nik stood there... Debating whether or not to open the curious looking note the elf gave her earlier...
    "Who was he? Why was he in such a rush to give this to me?" She stuffed it in her pocket to look at later when she would get home...
    Then, putting her collar up against the howling wind and swirling rain, set off amongst the trees once more - but suddenly one of the treebranches grabbed her, whizzed her off her feet and shook all the mira gold out of her pockets!
    Oh nooo!! It was a graboffer... they were only known to grow in the enchanted forest... how did it get here in Mira?

Contributors

niknar
    Eiclops
    cazzers
    Miss Piggy
    Evilcrowofdoom
    Last edited by punkpoet182; 24th December 2014 at 10:55 PM.

Forest Valley

Welcome to the Story / the Stories of Forest Valley.

Forest Valley

Nik flipped the curious looking note inspecting it... Why had that elf given it to her of all people? and why was he in such a hurry?
    Confused she stuffed it in her pocket to read later when she gets home.
    On her way home however, a mischievous baby dragon came along and hiccuped a tiny little silver flame at her shoes
    "Hey" she yelled ... watch out!!! And puff her skirt went up in flames.
    Actually not realizing that the skirt was magical that it was not burnt at all. And Glowing a beautiful shade of silver.
    Then suddenly the lil dragon started to glow and then grow... bigger and bigger. When the lil dragon became an adult she was the most beautiful dragon she had ever seen.
    She was a very special dragon - one who could change her shape or colour with the help of a magic spell...

Contributors

Niknar
    Eiclops
    catspoodle
    cazzers
    Miss Piggy
    Evilcrowofdoom
    stormborn
    Last edited by punkpoet182; 24th December 2014 at 10:57 PM.

Valley of Sorcery

Welcome to the Story / the Stories of Valley of Sorcery.

Valley of Sorcery

Nik stood there... Debating whether or not to open the curious looking note the elf gave her earlier... Who was he? Why was he in such a rush to give this to me?
    Slowly she opened the note... Old it starts to crack at the folds....
    She stopped... Unsure whether to continue lest the note fall apart.
    Remembering the sticky tape, she opened a creaking draw. She took out the tape, and laid the note on the old wobbly table and started to tape the pieces back together but there was one piece missing.
    Oh! Where did it fall. She got on her knees and looked. She even tried to feel under the table where she couldn't see. She stretched and reached and just when she was about to give up hope her fingers grasped the elusive missing piece. Gingerly she stood up and taped in into place. At last I have all of the pieces, now finally I can see what the elf wanted to show me, she peered at the note and she could not believe what she saw!
    A map but of a place she had never seen before and the symbols they glowed and pulsated as if they had a life of their own. She leaned forward to get a closer look.... Suddenly the symbols jumped from the map and onto the wall... Twisting and swirling until they revealed a picture of a mystical, magical plant, its colours were iridescent blue and silver, it looked like something she had seen before... But where?
    At the wizard's shop!!!!
    Those crystal plants that he bought for his potions. What does that have to do with the map? Will show me where to pick them? I should visit the wizard.
    So she set off to the city, the home of the Sorcerers shop, hoping all the while the wizard would be in residence..

Contributors

Niknar
    Cazzers
    Eiclops
    HelenofTroy
    Miss Piggy
    Taz*
    Evilcrowofdoom
    Renee3940
    pam877
    Last edited by punkpoet182; 24th December 2014 at 11:20 PM.

Valley of Wonders

Welcome to the Story / the Stories of Valley of Wonders.

Valley of Wonders

Nik flipped the curious looking note inspecting it... Why had that elf given it to her of all people? and why was he in such a hurry?
    Slowly she opens the old note... It starts to crack at the folds....
    Something metallic drops from the note to the floor
    "Oh my" she said, ... it's a metallic wristband of magic proportions. She bends over to pick it up when suddenly a raven swoops down and grabs the band ... Only to fly high in the sky...

Contributors

Niknar
    Eiclops
    Cazzers
    Miss Piggy
    Evilcrowofdoom
    Last edited by punkpoet182; 24th December 2014 at 11:37 PM.

Moon Canyon

Welcome to the Story / the Stories of Moon Canyon.

Moon Canyon

Nik stood there... Debating whether or not to open the curious looking note the elf gave her earlier... Who was he?why was he in such a rush to give this to me?
    It was a curious way to send a note, she thought, just a piece of dry bark with words scrawled across the underside in a practised hand.
    She inspected it further. Definitely English letters but the words didn't make sense. Different language or code maybe? hmm.
    What's this? ebay? Surely not an advert! No, wait: ebay onyay eethay....could it be -... ?
    Yes it was... It was certainly code! Nik smiled smugly, happy that she'd reached this conclusion.. but then frowned... She didn't know code!
    Hmm... Who did she know who might help? This was certainly something that called for an expert and the only one to help was the old wizard in the next village, but she had never been to that village by herself! Now which way was it, north or south, east or west?
    She went south and found the old wizard & asked for help.
    The wizard told told her he'd be happy to help but he would need something in return. He looked her up and down then asked. "What are you the very best at doing?"
    She quickly replied "My speciality is plant magic, just look at my thumbs!" Holding out her hands before him, her thumbs began to glow with a soft green light and showed various strange lines on them and they were all green and winkled
    "What would be your pleasure? Those pumpkins look like they could use a bit more pump!"
    The old wizard shook his head "no... What I need you must find.... Somewhere in Mira land there is a special seed that you must plant and grow…."
    The Kind heartedness plant is very rare. From the 1st blossom I will need the very heart of the plant. Do you think you can find and then grow this plant?
    "Could you please give me a clue? I'm sure I could find it then!"
    A hint. A hint? The wizard shakes his head. "I have no hints to give, though I may have some help." With as wave of his hand the wizard produced a glowing orb and a piece of paper.
    The paper is a ticket for the flying ship and the orb will begin to glow when you grow near to what you seek. Remember, only the heart of the kindness plant will reveal the message.
    Nik's eyes grew wide as she received the wizard's 'help' "Thank you, I'll leave right away!"
    She put the orb in her mushy sack so no one could find it and slipped out the door. She headed north out of the city towards the world tree and the flying ship port.
    Reviewing all she had learned from the wizard, but which way should she go? She wonders as she boards the ship…
    Ok... First stop will be the distant star of Polaris.... Maybe she will find some answers there... As she began to fly, a swarm of miniature pink birds attached to the ship.
    The beautiful birds helped lift the ship and the whole crew got an incredible view of the aurora Borealis.
    The entire ship and everyone on it began to sparkle and glow with the colours as they passed through the northern lights.
    Suddenly the ship began moving at a very fast speed through a tunnel of swirling lights and colours.
    Holding tight to the rail of the ship she thinks this is all like a movie she once saw.
    She went to talk to the ship's captain and asked him who or what is on Polaris that could possibly help her find something in Miramagia?
    Before the captain could answer, something shook the ship and threw everyone all over the place as they scrambled to find there footing they noticed an eerie glow.
    A voice from the ether says "return to your world, for only there in special gardens will you find what you seek."
    The ship is then tossed back towards the world from whence it came, spinning and spiralling at high speed.
    Finally emerging, battered and bruised, she looked around for this garden but to her surprise there was not one but multiple gardens in her village... Which one could it be?
    Suddenly, giant butterflies swarmed the area and lead the way to one particular garden area where she found everything covered in a thick blanket of sparkling white snow.
    Suddenly her mushroom bags vibrated, remembering the orb the Wizard had given her she pulled it out to find the side of it closest to the gardener's home glowed brightly.
    She knocked on the gardener's door, she smiled brightly when she saw who it was. Hugging the friend she hadn't seen since they both were small in their old village, she told the story of her journey and the reason for it then looked hopefully to her friend and asked, "Can you help?"
    Her friend replies "come with me" then leads her out, by her hand, to the greenhouse behind her home. There in the greenhouse was a magical plant. Its branches pulsated like the aura of the rainbow and on each delicate limb there was a ruby red bloom with a violet centre, as she approached, she wondered if she could be so lucky.
    She reached out her hand towards the plant when suddenly… The plant moved!
    "What's this?" Again she reached toward it, and again it moved! And what was that sound that seemed to accompany it? Sleigh bells?
    Yes, that was definitely a tiny tinkling sound!
    She couldn't suppress a giggle of delight.
    Such a Mira-tastic plant! There was no way she would even consider removing the heart from such a beauty, no matter what the coded message was about. Then she had an idea, she took the orb out of her bag, it was glowing so brightly she had to shield her eyes.
    She set the glowing orb next to the plant then removed the scrap with the coded message from her bag as well. When she held the coded message up the plant began softly humming and the symbols on the scrap began to sparkle. She was so excited she almost dropped the orb but grabbed it just in time, she leaned closer and it looked like the sparkling symbols were changing shape. She could almost see it now.... Just a little bit more... The shapes sparkled brighter and moved faster then suddenly.... They moved quickly together forming into the cohesive shape of a flower.... Something she had seen before, but where had she seen it?
    Where had she seen it indeed and why in the world would a flower be coded and need a different flower to reveal it?
    But wait the flower was blooming, as the petals opened and in place of the stamen was a key. As she watched the key began to glow and the scrap it was on suddenly got heavy, she was so surprised that she dropped it, and watched in awe as it starting moving, on its own, across the floor. Inch by inch it got closer to the door and the lock. At the edge of the door it stopped, and waited. She leaned over and picked it up . . It was curiously cold to the touch . . As if made of ice. She shivered as her hand closed around it and felt strange vibrations run up her arm and her fingers began to tingle and she giggled despite herself. Suddenly she was spun in circles and pulled to the far corner where she found the walls shimmering and becoming transparent and she was suddenly on the other side! A transportation device! But, where was she?
    Tucking the key safely in her pocket she remembered the orb and decided to see if it could give her any direction, clouds swirled inside and she gazed, her focus on what she was studying, not on her environment, so when someone spoke she jumped a foot in the air...
    A huge rock troll unfolded himself in front of her and asked "just what do you think you are doing?"
    "Oh uh mm... Hello. I'm not really sure... Perhaps you could help me? I have this key and I'm looking for the lock it fits. She held up the key... Any ideas?"
    The troll gasped, "however did you come by that key? It has been lost and legend has it that the person who finds it would be a kind hearted, green thumbed stranger to us"
    "me!!!" Exclaimed NIk, "me just because I found the key? Yes! I always knew I would get into something good."
    She thought a green thumb? She had never considered that, does that mean she would be the one to grow or everyone else will grow and she stay the same? Oh no she didn't know which, what should she do?
    The rock troll looks at her and says kindly "come with me, I'll take you to the rock troll King he'll know what to do with you"
    Nik hesitated, then set off behind the troll…
    It was hard to keep up as the rock troll could ball himself up and roll over and down the hills but Nik did her best all in all. Near sunset they stopped by a stream. The rock troll unfolded himself and told her the destination was only a few minutes away.
    Nik waded into the stream to refresh herself when suddenly, she heard trumpets blowing…
    When she looked up, there He was, The Rock Troll King...
    She scrambled up the creek bed, patting her hair and clothing into place, should she speak? Bow? What now?
    Before she could decide the King spoke. "Come with me, I'm taking you to my home. You can rest and refresh yourself there and once you are dry and warm we will talk about this gift you possess..."
    Finally comfortable and well fed the king begins to talk. "So I see you found the gift left a century ago... Many have tired to find it but you were the one..." And with that the king told her a story of war, duelling wizards, magic gone bad and his people scattered among the stars...
    He said his own magicians were unable to reunite his people but they were able to send out keys that if found and brought here would open this chest, and with that he whisked a royal red blanket of a chest, it was decorated with beautiful scroll work and symbols... Wait she had seen those symbols before... The King continued... Opening this chest permanently opens a portal between out 2 worlds, letting you return to yours and our separated families to be reunited.
    Thinking of her own home and remembering the lone rock troll in her valley that sits gazing into his crystal fire she inserts the key into the lock on the chest and turns it...
    She looks to the king then carefully opens the chest, after a few seconds a gently glowing fog kind of stuff starts to rise from within it, swirls, circles and shimmers filling the area with an mystical blue light and the smell of the rose smelling fog coalesces into a semi transparent window. She looks to the king with a smile. He thanks her for opening the portal then she steps through.
    Happy to finally be back, she picks a few mushrooms for dinner and goes inside, thinking adventures are great but there's no place like home, but she wasn't actually home....

Contributors

Niknar
    Mollie Bucketts
    Lisannes
    Evilcrowofdoom
    Miss Pixie
    Willowpixie
    ~Rill~
    Lazure
    NightBreeze
    Pam877
    cher21057
    Last edited by punkpoet182; 24th January 2015 at 07:53 PM.

Nipper Valley

Welcome to the Story / the Stories of Nipper Valley.

Nipper Valley

Slowly she opens the note ... Old it starts to crack at the folds.... A shimmering glow seemed to emanates from the writing.
    Nik gasps, it's the recipe for "one spell to rule them all" - but oh no.
    The last ingredient in the recipe is a rare, beautiful violet crystal that only grows in one place; The lair of the menacing pig-dragon, fiercest in the land, but wait!
    Suddenly,She remembers she needs to go through the scary enchanted forest, filled with little bearded men and rock trolls that take your memories. Oh what was she to do?
    She found a strange box, filled with one tiny shovel, wrapped in an usual metallic sheet. It was crumpled and bent as she handled it with care... "I shall make a hat out of this odd paper", she smiled.
    Just then a fairy flew by slurping drinking root cola. "wouldn't wear that hat - you might turn into a solitary ghost light, doomed to hover in remote and solitary places until a young, magical adventurer comes along and hands you a bag of delicious mushrooms varying in size and colour."
    As this happen a group of hippies were in every village selling trinkets and such, after they left the valley noticed that they had stolen all the magic mushrooms !!!!!.
    What to do next ??
    So the people gathered together and with their last paltry wizened mushrooms cast a new spell, never before attempted in Miramagia. In a shower of small purple umbrellas, there appeared a gigantic purple mushroom, sentient and bearing a silly face rubbing his spots, patting his stem and finally grinning alarmingly wide: "oy, ffankff, guyff - you ffavved my life! ffoffe hippieff were about to ffmash and ffmoke me! - ffo, whatff up? "
    Oh he was hard to understand but what a magical being he was??? His skin had such a glow to it, it was almost like one of those fairy tale mushrooms, but translucent like deep sea jelly fish. Nobody dared touch it for fear of being stung, poisoned or simply being turned into something awkward by foreign magic.
    Risk or not, they approached him and asked...

Contributors

Niknar
    Eiclops
    Cazzers
    Sdea
    Lazure
    Miss Piggy
    Cynthe
    Aliya Silver
    Evilcrowofdoom
    Last edited by punkpoet182; 27th December 2014 at 08:50 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast