Thread: [Solved]Dream World != Laboratory

[Solved]Dream World != Laboratory

Hi,

When you click on the mailbox, there is now an entry for "Laboratory Inventory". There are several translation and user interface glitches with this entry:

1) It is named incorrectly. It does not contain objects for the magical laboratory. It contains objects for the Dream World.

2) You can only open the entry when you are in your dream world, which makes sense. But there is no indication of that fact when you mouse over it from your village screen. Perhaps it should not even show up when you are in your village screen? Or at least it should be greyed out and give a mouse-over information window that says it's useful only in your dream world.

3) When you open this entry in your dream world, the title is "Fitting Objects". This is not a good phrase in English. It does not mean what you intend it to mean. I was thinking... "fitting"... like it helps me fit into my clothes, like a shoehorn or diet? :-) Or... "fitting"... these are only objects that are appropriate to use in the world? So there's no naughty objects in this list? Where is the list that has the naughty objects? I might want some of those too! lol! I think what this intends to say is that these are objects that are meant to furnish the house, or backgrounds for the dream world... that is, they are ONLY usable in the dream world. So you could go ahead and call them "Dream World Objects". That's precisely what they are!!!
    Last edited by Imoen; 14th May 2017 at 07:58 PM.

I agree but also I think it would be great if you could move the objects in Dream world House around like you can on your gardens, or is it just me that has to recall the lot each time I want to change the look of my room

you can move them around... there's a tool on the toolbar that lets you do that. Look around! :-)

Agreed, in Dreamworld it's confusing to see "Laboratory Inventory": there's Laboratory Inventory, a Garden Inventory, and a Dreamworld Inventory.

Related but tangential question: does anyone know how to move around Dreamworld house floor tiles? After I transformed and my house got bigger, the floor tiles are in weird places and I can't figure out how to move them around (and I sure don't have enough mana yet to buy replacements... nor should I, if I already paid).

The floor tiles is a magic spell to change the look of the tile rather than a bought item from the shop. Therefore you cannot move the tile you've changed but have to cast the spell again.
    You have a question? Look here for your answer: http:/answers.miramagia.com/
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them http://forum.miramagia.com/announcement.php?f=2/
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

That is fine, because yes, it is a spell. But if reports are true that the transformation expansion to the mansion throws off your pattern, then that needs to be fixed. I think that we as players assume that the fresh tiles will add around the sides and leave our previous work intact, and I can understand how it would be frustrating if it doesn't.
    If life is becoming a broken record, then maybe the turntable needs a new needle.

(Newsflash: the technical team has agreed that there is a bug in moving the tiles after transforming, and have forwarded my report to the programmers to fix it. Yay!)

#1 and #2 of the initial report have been changed.

As for #3 - renameing "fitting objects" - maybe we can try and ask for it again.

"Home furnishings" comes up in the translator for the corresponding german inscription.
    You have a question? Look here for your answer: Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them here

Since the spell bar has been altered and the menu been renamed to 'Furniture Inventory' I think we can consider this issue solved

Attachment 3630
    You have a question? Look here for your answer: Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking for the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them here