Thread: A new hope

A new hope

'NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Noooo! Nooohooohohohooo!‘

The piteous, gutwrenching wail cuts through the early morning silence of the city, followed by what seems an eon of uncontrollable sobbing. Two more voices, human now, in a soothing tone, trying to calm down and console the creature.

'NO! I don’t want to!!!‘, a mighty roar and a sudden whoosh lights up the windows, then the door bangs open and a red flash swoops out and up into the sky.

'I’m so sorry, I probably shouldn’t have told him straight out that it’s time to pack up his things‘, Mirella apologizes a few moments later. 'Should I go after him?‘

'No, it’s ok. You go and do your work for the High Council. I bet there’s thousands of tomes and scrolls for you to wrap up. I’ll find him…‘ Emma heaves a sigh as her friend leaves.

A quick glance over her kitchen, normally sparkling clean and gleaming, the main pride of her house, now covered in black glistening patches of blistered paint, coal and ashes. Well, she’d deal with that later. Or… would it even make a difference now?
    For once, Emma’s age shows, as she leans heavily on her stick and sighs.

Leaving a short note for Emilio, she heads out of the door and the town gates.

~oOo~

Twinkling dew drops light up the blooming buds of the bell flowers, softly chiming over the gurgling and murmuring stream. But he can’t see the beauty of the glade in his blurred vision. Another teardrop grows and rolls down the scales, as Miro weeps, now silently.

'I thought I’d find you here‘, Emma gently lays her hand on his wing and sits down beside her dragon friend. 'We knew it would happen some day‘, she says, more to herself, and she feels him nod. Two more tears drop at his feet and turn into clear crystal.

'But still… it’s too hard‘, Miro chokes. 'I’m so sorry I ruined your kitchen, Emma. I didn’t mean to. Are you mad at me?‘

Emma can’t help but smile. Together with Mirella, they had put out his dragon fire in moments, so no real harm was done… no, she couldn’t blame him.

'You know, I can’t. I just can’t! It doesn’t feel right‘, Miro bursts out. 'I won’t give up, there must be a way…‘

'But…‘ Emma cuts herself off as she feels his rush of determination. 'How, Miro? Where? What do you…‘

'Don’t worry, I’ll find a way!‘ Miro jumps into the air, flaps his wings and takes off.

'Huh. Guess you don’t care to let me in on your plan then…. Dragons, always so impulsive!‘ Emma mumbles, making her way back home.

~oOo~

Fareeja enters the cosy tavern carved into the world tree, taking in the unusual group that has gathered around the table. The postman with this carrier pigeon with his bag full of invitation letters right beside him so Schax has to use his staff to balance on the bench as to not fall off, Tyto the wise and knowledgable cloud librarian has scattered his rolled-up maps all across the table, the Jackalope has brought his viewing globe, and is staring into it, and Miro is all over the place. As he sees her, he shouts out a greeting, and their conspiracy meeting is started.

Name:  versammlung.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  20.6 KB

'So, not sure what I could do here. I only ever delivered mail between close friends, and my pigeon, frankly, has been off his training anyway‘, the postman starts and crosses his arms.

'Lazy geezer‘, Schax mutters under his breath, before reporting in. 'I’m sorry, Miro. I’ve checked each and every portal world - I hope their owners have taken pictures of their beautiful islands - but no, I haven’t found a way out of the Miramagia realms.‘

The Jackalope begins hiccupping from excitement and can’t even talk.

Miro, pointing at the maps on the table, turns to Tyto. 'What about all those maps? Are they any use at all?‘

Tyto slowly closes and opens one of his large yellow eyes, indignantly ruffles his feathers and clucks his beak a few times.

'Come on… this is a life-and-death situation! Would you pleeeaaase be so kind as to let us know if there’s…?‘

'Well, no‘ Tyto bluntly replies. 'I’ve studied all maps of villages, valleys, the city, the world tree – and nowhere I could find a path that leads beyond.‘

'What about the portals?‘, Fareeja finally throws in, 'You know I’ve been wandering between the worlds and I know ways and paths nobody else has ever tried.‘

'Hic‘, the Jackalope adds.

Fareeja isn’t deterred. Focused on the matter at hand, she explains to Miro and the rest how she could open a Portal for him to fly beyond Miramagia in search for a refuge. His eyes light up at that prospect.

'I can hic… I mean, I can see some-hic… something in my view-hic… viewing globe‘, the little Jackalope manages to get out at last. 'Another dragon, search-hic… looking for hic… help.‘

~oOo~

Fareeja has used her summoning spells, opening a portal into the unknown, guided by the Jackalope’s viewing globe.

'It is dangerous, Miro!‘, she warns him, 'You need to stay focused and not stray from the starlight path or you might get lost forever.‘

She has never seen him looking at her as intensely as he is right now. She nods. And Miro steps into the portal. His outline starts to waver, his body becomes transparent, and, a moment later, he is gone.

'Now, let’s hope‘, she says.
    Last edited by Ellemir; 7th September 2022 at 08:15 PM.

I pray that you find a way to keep Miramagia "Alive & Well"! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemir View Post
    'NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Noooo! Nooohooohohohooo!‘

The piteous, gutwrenching wail cuts through the early morning silence of the city, followed by what seems an eon of uncontrollable sobbing. Two more voices, human now, in a soothing tone, trying to calm down and console the creature.

'NO! I don’t want to!!!‘, a mighty roar and a sudden whoosh lights up the windows, then the door bangs open and a red flash swoops out and up into the sky.

'I’m so sorry, I probably shouldn’t have told him straight out that it’s time to pack up his things‘, Mirella apologizes a few moments later. 'Should I go after him?‘

'No, it’s ok. You go and do your work for the High Council. I bet there’s thousands of tomes and scrolls for you to wrap up. I’ll find him…‘ Emma heaves a sigh as her friend leaves.

A quick glance over her kitchen, normally sparkling clean and gleaming, the main pride of her house, now covered in black glistening patches of blistered paint, coal and ashes. Well, she’d deal with that later. Or… would it even make a difference now?
    For once, Emma’s age shows, as she leans heavily on her stick and sighs.

Leaving a short note for Emilio, she heads out of the door and the town gates.

~oOo~

Twinkling dew drops light up the blooming buds of the bell flowers, softly chiming over the gurgling and murmuring stream. But he can’t see the beauty of the glade in his blurred vision. Another teardrop grows and rolls down the scales, as Miro weeps, now silently.

'I thought I’d find you here‘, Emma gently lays her hand on his wing and sits down beside her dragon friend. 'We knew it would happen some day‘, she says, more to herself, and she feels him nod. Two more tears drop at his feet and turn into clear crystal.

'But still… it’s too hard‘, Miro chokes. 'I’m so sorry I ruined your kitchen, Emma. I didn’t mean to. Are you mad at me?‘

Emma can’t help but smile. Together with Mirella, they had put out his dragon fire in moments, so no real harm was done… no, she couldn’t blame him.

'You know, I can’t. I just can’t! It doesn’t feel right‘, Miro bursts out. 'I won’t give up, there must be a way…‘

'But…‘ Emma cuts herself off as she feels his rush of determination. 'How, Miro? Where? What do you…‘

'Don’t worry, I’ll find a way!‘ Miro jumps into the air, flaps his wings and takes off.

'Huh. Guess you don’t care to let me in on your plan then…. Dragons, always so impulsive!‘ Emma mumbles, making her way back home.

~oOo~

Fareeja enters the cosy tavern carved into the world tree, taking in the unusual group that has gathered around the table. The postman with this carrier pigeon with his bag full of invitation letters right beside him so Schax has to use his staff to balance on the bench as to not fall off, Tyto the wise and knowledgable cloud librarian has scattered his rolled-up maps all across the table, the Jackalope has brought his viewing globe, and is staring into it, and Miro is all over the place. As he sees her, he shouts out a greeting, and their conspiracy meeting is started.

Name:  versammlung.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  20.6 KB

'So, not sure what I could do here. I only ever delivered mail between close friends, and my pigeon, frankly, has been off his training anyway‘, the postman starts and crosses his arms.

'Lazy geezer‘, Schax mutters under his breath, before reporting in. 'I’m sorry, Miro. I’ve checked each and every portal world - I hope their owners have taken pictures of their beautiful islands - but no, I haven’t found a way out of the Miramagia realms.‘

The Jackalope begins hiccupping from excitement and can’t even talk.

Miro, pointing at the maps on the table, turns to Tyto. 'What about all those maps? Are they any use at all?‘

Tyto slowly closes and opens one of his large yellow eyes, indignantly ruffles his feathers and clucks his beak a few times.

'Come on… this is a life-and-death situation! Would you pleeeaaase be so kind as to let us know if there’s…?‘

'Well, no‘ Tyto bluntly replies. 'I’ve studied all maps of villages, valleys, the city, the world tree – and nowhere I could find a path that leads beyond.‘

'What about the portals?‘, Fareeja finally throws in, 'You know I’ve been wandering between the worlds and I know ways and paths nobody else has ever tried.‘

'Hic‘, the Jackalope adds.

Fareeja isn’t deterred. Focused on the matter at hand, she explains to Miro and the rest how she could open a Portal for him to fly beyond Miramagia in search for a refuge. His eyes light up at that prospect.

'I can hic… I mean, I can see some-hic… something in my view-hic… viewing globe‘, the little Jackalope manages to get out at last. 'Another dragon, search-hic… looking for hic… help.‘

~oOo~

Fareeja has used her summoning spells, opening a portal into the unknown, guided by the Jackalope’s viewing globe.

'It is dangerous, Miro!‘, she warns him, 'You need to stay focused and not stray from the starlight path or you might get lost forever.‘

She has never seen him looking at her as intensely as he is right now. She nods. And Miro steps into the portal. His outline starts to waver, his body becomes transparent, and, a moment later, he is gone.

'Now, let’s hope‘, she says.

Thank you,
    to Miro , to Emma , to our little questers , to Our Pheonix , to all our little companions , whether on the "World" of our islands , of the valley , we will not forget you . we will keep in memory , with "screen copies" of the photos . We will keep you in our hearts. Thank you all for having surprised us, amazed us, by the magic of "your Worlds".
    Thank you. ♥♥♥♥
    Et aussi Merci , à tous "les Modéateurs", l'Admin pour ces belles histoires .. qui a fait la Magie de Miramagia .. ♥♥♥

Hypocampe ..

I really hope that Miro finds a way to help us stay alive. I would really love to play.

Intriguing ...

oh very... I wonder if Miro will find us a new home? God's speed, Miro!
    You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.