Thread: Firefox and the Jackalope - you can help us!

Firefox and the Jackalope - you can help us!

Greetings Miramagicians,

If you play Miramagia on Firefox, Version 71 or higher, you might have noticed a change in the Jackalope’s performance:

• Mostly, you’ll have much longer waiting times until a video gets started than with earlier Firefox versions.
    • When a video has started, the content is very much limited to our so-called ‘fallback videos’, i.e. ads for other games of the Travian Games family. Quite boring after a while…

There is a way that will both provide you with a broader selection of videos and help Miramagia!

The reason for the Jackalope’s strange behaviour?

The latest Firefox versions feature a default setting for ‘enhanced tracking protection’ which blocks a wide majority of the videos in our pool. In order to access the full variety of video ads, it needs to be disabled manually for your Miramagia game world(s).

Here’s how:

Name:  tracking EN.jpg
Views: 2083
Size:  40.4 KB

1st step: click on the shield icon to the left of your URL box
    2nd step: deactivate the setting by turning off the switch

Why would I disable something that is meant for protection?
    Tracking protection is about privacy*, not computer safety – so you don’t have to worry about viruses or fraud simply from disabling it on Miramagia. Also, disabling it for Miramagia doesn’t mean it is disabled altogether; the setting is changed for Miramagia only!

*For example, advertisers track where you ran or clicked their videos (Miramagia), or what sort of offers you seem to find interesting (based on previous clicks on ads), together with other data that is relevant for their marketing.
    If your browser restricts that kind of tracking, way less information about your online actions is passed on to the world.

You could do some counter measures: If you are worried about tracking and privacy, we recommend clearing the cookies from your browser on a very regular basis!

Still: why would I do it?
    Because it is a way of helping Miramagia!

While many players purchase rubies at some point, a lot of Miramagicians enjoy this game completely for free. In all honesty: income from video ads helps to finance the game.

If enhanced tracking protection is enabled, it means that the Jackalope mostly is restrained to our own video ads which won’t provide us with any revenue.

So thank you for disabling enhanced tracking protection on Miramagia sites and for watching our Jackalope videos!

Your Miramagia Team
    Last edited by dragonholt; 21st February 2020 at 01:02 PM.

Thank you Ellemir!
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

I use Safari. I can not change my settings on the Mira webpage because the screen to do so is only flashing. Where on other sites it just pop up and stays visible.

atill no video playing

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemir View Post
    Greetings Miramagicians,

If you play Miramagia on Firefox, Version 71 or higher, you might have noticed a change in the Jackalope’s performance:

• Mostly, you’ll have much longer waiting times until a video gets started than with earlier Firefox versions.
    • When a video has started, the content is very much limited to our so-called ‘fallback videos’, i.e. ads for other games of the Travian Games family. Quite boring after a while…

There is a way that will both provide you with a broader selection of videos and help Miramagia!

The reason for the Jackalope’s strange behaviour?

The latest Firefox versions feature a default setting for ‘enhanced tracking protection’ which blocks a wide majority of the videos in our pool. In order to access the full variety of video ads, it needs to be disabled manually for your Miramagia game world(s).

Here’s how:

Name:  tracking EN.jpg
Views: 2083
Size:  40.4 KB

1st step: click on the shield icon to the left of your URL box
    2nd step: deactivate the setting by turning off the switch

Tracking protection is about privacy*, not computer safety – so you don’t have to worry about viruses or fraud simply from disabling it on Miramagia. Also, disabling it for Miramagia doesn’t mean it is disabled altogether; the setting is changed for Miramagia only!

*For example, advertisers track where you ran or clicked their videos (Miramagia), or what sort of offers you seem to find interesting (based on previous clicks on ads), together with other data that is relevant for their marketing.
    If your browser restricts that kind of tracking, way less information about your online actions is passed on to the world.

You could do some counter measures: If you are worried about tracking and privacy, we recommend clearing the cookies from your browser on a very regular basis!

Because it is a way of helping Miramagia!

While many players purchase rubies at some point, a lot of Miramagicians enjoy this game completely for free. In all honesty: income from video ads helps to finance the game.

If enhanced tracking protection is enabled, it means that the Jackalope mostly is restrained to our own video ads which won’t provide us with any revenue.

So thank you for disabling enhanced tracking protection on Miramagia sites and for watching our Jackalope videos!

Your Miramagia Team
    even after trying this, the video is not working. it just shows white screen no video is played.
    all who like to play miramagia ,are my friend

anyone can join my group...
    so, join my group...
    we will have nice time with our friends

Thank you for the feedback - I have forwarded the matter to the technical wizards and will post here when I get a reply. I am likely to hear back after Monday - thank you for your patience.
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.