Thread: Sapphire Zine

Sapphire Zine

Greetings Miramagicians

If you are interested in working on the Sapphire zine please put your name below, and pick a number between 1 and 27. I will then publish the pdf form of that chapter/story for you to play with.

Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

This is going to be fun. My pick is 18.

Scale Eighteen: Alfwedo

One spring morning Sapphire was woken by a strange noise. A high pitched sound, a pulse of a sound. Having dragon ears means that she can hear frequencies far higher than some other species such as human, and she is more susceptible to pain when someone shouts near her.

Lying still she listened carefully . . .there; that was the sound of Minnie moving in her lair . . that - that was the wings of a plant fairy zipping over to the field . . that, the sound of a magic watering spell on the tree . .ooh - there goes a teleportation sound . . and, almost masked by these everyday sounds, almost . .the odd beat and rhythm she had heard earlier. Wings, she decided, but not feathers . . and a high pitched sound . . reminded her of something . . if only she could place it . . .

Then she had it. The sound was like that of the bats made as they flew around the abandoned towers in the valley. her visitor was a bat.

Uncoiling, she stretched and as quietly as she could spoke

'Welcome my cousin'

The sound stopped, and then resumed, closer this time.

'Coussin?' came a whisper

'Yes, bats are distantly related to dragons; didn't you know? Look at the membranous wing structure - you can see the similarity.'

'yess I ssee what you mean . . hello coussin'

The faint susurration of the bat's wings started up again and Sapphire could sense he was looking around the walls of the lair, pausing every now and then. Studying her photos perhaps?

And indeed it proved to be so.

'Thesse are good!' came the sibilant whisper, 'I esspecially like this . . and this . . .'

'That's one of my favourites' smiled Sapphire; remembering the moment when the photo had been taken, 'I was really pleased with how the light brought out the colour and the line'

'Yess . . a good compossition'

'Do you take photos too?'

If it were possible, Sapphire could have sworn the bat's voice became a mixture of pride and embarrassment, 'yess, yess, I do . . .'

'May I see some . . ?' she enquired, not wanting to further embarrass her guest.

'Yess . . ' and an album was presented to her: Dreamworlds of Mira' was inscribed on the front, and as she perused the images inside she was very impressed. The photographer, the bat visitor, had a flair for a good angle, and captured an atmosphere well.

'I recognise this one! I have visited it!'

'Yess, my miramagician's Library . . it hass changed ssomewhat now . . .' The sibilance seemed shorter now - Sapphire noticed; perhaps it was more pronounced when her visitor was nervous. A good sign then.

'I like these!' Sapphire smiled, her teeth glinting in the dawn light that suffused the lair, ' and I would like to visit your Library', she continued.

'That iss why I came - Abellio, my miramagician, and I, would love you to visit'.

'Thank you. And you are? '

'Alfwedo,' a swish of wing as the bat looped a loop in the air, scattering the few motes that danced in the rays of mira-sunshine, ' at your service!'

Dear Alfredo

Thank you for a wonderful time! I really enjoyed exploring your mira-sorceror's Library - he has made a wonderful bat penthouse for you!

I enjoyed landing on the mushroom seats and looking down over the island, making out some of the details. Do you often sit up there contemplating life, the universe and teacakes?

Thank you for showing me how to paint dreams - I've never heard of that before! And, wasn't it odd when dragonholt came a-calling? She said she was 'following her dreams' - do you think that was because of our painting??

She and your mira-sorcerer - Abellio - seemed to find plenty to talk about near the volcano dance

The hothouse area was fascinating . . do the heads the follow you creep you out at all? I was glad to learn they liked teacakes . . at least Seymour is safe from them! (Seymour - he works in a flowershop . . .)

I hope you don't mind - I took a couple of photos while I was there . . .

Anyway, dragonholt is here and wants her study back, so thank you once again and I hope to meet up again soon!

Your friend,

Sapphire

Hi, ith me, Alfwedo
    Thankth faw the vithit.
    Tho nithe to thee thomeone liketh teacaketh ath much ath I do.
    You are welcome to vithit anytime.

I look forward to seeing what you manage to do with this the original is in the birght eyed baby dragon thread.

Enjoy!
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.