Thread: Players names

Players names

Hello,

This is English server and I have note we have non English alphabet letters used for names. I found it very difficult to find a player with non-English letters as I am NOT able to type the name using search.

Am I the only one having that problem?

I tried to highlight (which does not work on searches) and not everyone chat in public chat window where I can highlight the name or simply click on it.

This is kind of difficult.

You need a programme called 'character map'. All of the symbols are there. Otherwise you can find the same symbols in 'word'. It is a bit of a pain to find them, I know. I save the names in a word document just in case I need them again.
    You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

It is kind of unfair for English typing players. For example to return a favour of jinxes I have to use special tools to perform a search by names.

The special characters should not be allowed on a English server for names. My opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLily. View Post
    It is kind of unfair for English typing players. For example to return a favour of jinxes I have to use special tools to perform a search by names.

The special characters should not be allowed on a English server for names. My opinion.
    I agree.

I would ike to remind you that this is supposed to be an INTERNATIONAL server. It is unfair enough that all those players were forced to come here and start from scratch while many of them had over 100 transformations on their home servers. If you can't return a favor, that's it, most probably they don't expect you to. if that player is not in your friend list then chances are s/he chose you randomly for that jinx.

I, for example, find it more unfair to force the players to use English only in the village search channel. That is not doing anybody any good. When people were allowed to use their native language you could quickly scroll through all postings and only read the ones you were interested in. Now you have to go through each and every one of them, and in many cases you still have no clue what language they speak in one particular village. It's a waste of time, besides being a total lack of considerations to all the players who do not have English as their mother tongue (which I suspect is now the case for the MAJORITY here).

The problem Laverne I have, sorry I do not have problem to type, the problem is my key board do not have the "letters" or "signs" i see on some names.

True, this is international game, there are many (lets say) all major games are international and to make a name to register are alphabetic letters. Reason for that is simple: it is easy to type the name for admins, players etc. If I can highlight/ copy and paste it is np unfortunately I can not.

I feel sorry for all the players who decide to come here and start over, trust me I do know how it feels as I am one of the players who lost a server where you invent tons of time, you lvl, build, made friends etc of over 5-6 years and all your work is gone. No one forced me to come here, it was suggested to all of us before the server closed.

Well, I had accounts on other servers as well and none of the letters from developers were forcing players to come here, it was suggested. Who decide to come here it was by their own choice.

Thank you for the comments regarding other alphabets - I have forwarded it for the attention of the High Council.

The language of the COM international server is the International language of English. This has been the case from it's inception. The other language available is German.

I do appreciate that English for many players is an additional language; I know that the miramagicians of COM are willing and able to support their neighbours as best they can.

Thank you for respecting the language of the server.
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.