Thread: "free" prank spell costs rubies

"free" prank spell costs rubies

Hello everyone There seems to be a bug in the new prank spell "Flapping head-wear". It suggests we have 5 free daily uses of the spell, when in fact it costs 3 rubies every time (even if you haven't used it before). . . I started with 2870 rubies and "0 of 5 free spells" used. I applied the prank spell, went down to 2867 rubies, and have consumed "1 of 5 free" spells. So far, I've been diddled out of 15 rubies. . . I'm attaching pics to show this, but unfortunately the forum has decided this morning to not give me a "Go Advanced" button so I can't insert attachments in the normal way. If someone can remedy that, I'll put the pics up again in a bigger size so people can see them better. . . Oh, and another thing - the forum is eating all my "line feeds" and won't let me pick a smilie from the selection on the right! . octopia
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas     

Hi octopia,this actually is no bug but bad wording. (Sorry, dear developers, but this unfortunately is true for at least two languages.)There are a number of spells even old ones out of any season that are marked 0/5 and tell that you have those five free uses:The glasses spell or the infamous pumpkin head or the lovely pansy wings - just to name a few. But what exactly did the writer of this misleading text mean?Answer:It simply means you are free to use the spell 5 times before you have to wait a certain amount of minutes/hours until they are recharged. Of course you can use them more than 5 times if you have real free uses. In that case the display changes from 0/5 to the number of actual free uses which is 1 - ∞. Those spells always cost mana or rubies unless you have received real free uses.
    Last edited by Imoen; 27th September 2018 at 10:58 PM.
    You have a question? Look here for your answer: Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking for the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them here
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

Ah, thanks Imoen! . . So free means "available", not "at no cost" as most players would interpret it. Since my post I've had 2 other players contact me to agree that the text is deceptive. I think a change of wording to specify "available" rather than "free" would be good, and the recharge time displayed - maybe this could be forwarded to the developers. . . It's OK for powerful magicians like me, but I can see newbies spending their limited resources where they hadn't intended to spend. . . octopia