PDA

View Full Version : [WORKING ON]Mail suddenly in different language

SqkyC
23rd February 2017, 09:44 PM
Recently I joined a second server - a German one and now I receive Mira mail in German instead of English. How can I switch it back to English please?

I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue.

SnowLily.
23rd February 2017, 11:23 PM
You receive mail from German Server, so it is in German.
If English server will send mail you will receive in English.

For both servers you registered using the same email, right?

SqkyC
24th February 2017, 11:55 PM
Yes, it is the same email address. I've received NO mail from the English server since registering with the German one, only mail in German. Often it looks like the same offers/event happening on both servers though I must copy/paste into translate to read it. I used to get mail in English, now it is only in German.

SnowLily.
25th February 2017, 03:39 AM
Perhaps the English server is not sending emails as often as the german server. I am registered on the german server as well and yes I will get mails in german from german server as I am using the same email address there as well.

Perhaps some mod knows how often the english server is sending emails out.

(Moon)
25th February 2017, 03:06 PM
Please send a message to support at: support@miramagia.com
Or click the button in the mail box, thank you. :)

SnowLily.
25th February 2017, 04:08 PM
I am now interested, I know how to place report to support but my question is; If we register on German, French English etc servers the emails we should receive only in English? (if we are english speaking or how they know what language to use in emails) or if we register on other servers using the same email we will get the emails exg: in german, french, etc?

Is there any mod who can answer the question?

(Moon)
25th February 2017, 10:26 PM
Snowlily, I recently joined both French and German servers and now I get emails from all three. :)

Ps, if you wish to know who your moderators are, please read the sub-forum: http://forum.miramagia.com/forumdisplay.php?f=270

SnowLily.
25th February 2017, 10:30 PM
Thank you Choco, please don't take me wrong, I know who the moderators are and I know how to find the names on the forum I also know how to place a report to support.

I think you don't read the question(s) asked on the posts.

dragonholt
25th February 2017, 10:45 PM
I will look into this. The newsletters and emails are sent to email addresses and I have always understood that they would go out in the main language of that server the player registered with - either in german or in english. I will seek clarification that this is still the case. I will also enquire whether a language preference can be selected.

The emails are not generated within the com server so it's not a question the team can necessarily answer immediately.

SnowLily.
26th February 2017, 04:40 PM
I am 99% sure that the emails are in the main language of the server. If the email comes from German Miramagia it is in German language, if it comes from Com, it is in English, from Netherland Miramagia it is in Dutch etc.

I am registered on few Servers and if any of them sends emails I will get in the main language of the server.

I also send email to support to clarify it as it made me curious now.

Thank you dragonholt. I will look forward to see the answer.

dragonholt
27th February 2017, 10:14 PM
Update: options regarding the newsletter and emails can be found in your profile settings; SqkyC: I recommend unticking the option on your German account and seeing if the English one has been enabled. This should allow you to receive any such mailings in English rather than German.
I can confirm that emails and communications are sent in the main language of the server to which you have registered to play.

Further updates as I receive them . . .

SnowLily.
28th February 2017, 12:06 AM
That what I thought so. The emails are coming in the language that is set as main language of the server. Each server (if) they are sending emails out they send to the email I registered with.

Thank you

dragonholt
1st March 2017, 10:10 PM
In addition to the above . . .today I learned that if you have an account on more than one server then the newsletter is sent in the language of the server you have played the most recently. So if you have accounts on COM and de and the last server you played on before the newsletter was sent out was de then the newsletter will arrive in your inbox in German.

It has been confirmed that selecting the options ion the profile should select the language you receive.

Thank you for prompting me to find this out :D

SnowLily.
2nd March 2017, 12:10 AM
Oww, so that is something new then and very interesting as well. At least now we know more clear why some emails come in German or French or English :D.

Thank you so much for digging that out.

SqkyC
6th March 2017, 05:58 AM
Thank you dragonholt :) I usually just log into the accounts in the order I have them bookmarked, that would explain why I received one letter and not the other. I have unchecked the newsletter option in the .de (I hadn't even realized the option was there!) Now we know how it works, so thank you. :)

(Moon)
6th March 2017, 11:28 AM
Thank you dragonholt :) I usually just log into the accounts in the order I have them bookmarked, that would explain why I received one letter and not the other. I have unchecked the newsletter option in the .de (I hadn't even realized the option was there!) Now we know how it works, so thank you. :)

Please be aware that deselecting it in on one server also deselects it on another. If you want to still receive the newsletter then reselect it in the server of the language you would prefer.:)

SqkyC
2nd April 2017, 06:28 AM
Ya apparently they are either all 'on' or all 'off'. I cannot select just one. Now, in spite of unchecking BOTH newsletters on the servers AND clicking 'unsuscribe' in the (German) newsletter itself I STILL receive mail from TG in German!

I deleted the German server account.

(Moon)
2nd April 2017, 05:17 PM
Just to sum up as there is confusion: :confused:

Select the newsletter if you want it. Then always remember to log out of your preferred language server last each night. :cool:

No need to delete accounts in foreign languages. Have fun! :D