PDA

View Full Version : Kick out Visitors

Laurene
11th March 2016, 11:44 PM
Just we have all day a very unliked Visitor in our Village. The Support isn't wiiling to do something against this kind of Cybermobbing! So my suggestion to the developers is a button, which kickt out such "Visitors" and bann them for some days out of this Village.

Mummu
12th March 2016, 05:15 AM
What an interesting idea. Sometimes we could really use that :)

Aliya Silver
12th March 2016, 08:15 AM
Hello Laurene,

first of all let me put one thing straight:
it's not about support 'not being willing to do something' but simply, if there hasn't been some harrassing in form of inadequate communication and if support wasn't provided with a record about such inadequate communication (series of screenshots), there also is no sufficient reason for support to act. The rules support has to follow regarding consequences and punishments, are very strict - and you'll understand that at once if you look at it from the perspective of a player who has been punished without sufficient reason.

Regarding your suggestion: this has been asked for multiple times and it has a long history - still the answer of the devs has remained the same. They don't intend to implement something like this.

So rather we'd recommend putting such a person on ignore and also to not 'feed' them by any reactions to what they are able to do even then. If you'd like to get a better idea of what that means exactly, please don't hesitate to contact support or any team member. :)

Best regards,
Aliya

Laurene
12th March 2016, 09:04 AM
Aliya Silver, then the rules need to be expanded, cyberbullying and stalking are criminal offenses. Especially young players identifying yourself with their avatars. I do not want to know how many have already left because of such stupid behavior Mira many players.
Mira pretends to be a social game, but it evolves unfortunately to a game which door and gate opens for antisocial activities and hold it wide open

Serpent Goddess
12th March 2016, 04:06 PM
I personally, as many mods will attest to, have a habit of 'Village Touring' during a theme. Yes Laurene, I was in your Village yesterday. I was not there to stalk you as I didn't know it was your Village, nor was I there all day. If it appeared like I was coming and going, it was because I was viewing DW's and Portals alike so that I could make some nice decisions on some items I saw for rubies in the shops.

I would have said 'Hello' had there not been tension between us, and I didn't realize I was in your Village until later. I apologize if this caused you any distress, as that wasn't my intention. I had most likely clicked on another name in General chat and you just happen to live there. I was not 'Cybermobbing' you at all.

Enjoy your day-
SG

ChuChullain
12th March 2016, 06:29 PM
I do not think Laurene is against general visitors SG. I also visited her village yesterday and I witnessed Laurene being bullied by a member yesterday... It was NOT pleasant to watch and there was nothing any of the other visitors (at the time, lmoen and I) could do about it. It really looked like she was being targeted by that specific player... Just saying.... Dunno if a "name and shame them" thread in the forum might do the trick. What do you think?

Serpent Goddess
12th March 2016, 07:26 PM
Not sure Chu, I wasn't there for that incident so I can't comment. I just know I've had some unpleasant interactions with her myself. In my visit I didn't speak to anyone and came to look at theme decor as I mentioned above, without knowing it was her place of residence.

I suggest she take screenshots next time, along with the other party involved doing the same.

Thank you for your post because I thought she was referring to me. I'm happy to know that's not the case.

ChuChullain
12th March 2016, 09:44 PM
I also hop around visiting villages, as you know... :D
And nope... Its definitely NOT you she is referring to...
And... even though there is tension between you two (as you said) - as a longtime Mira player you also would not have liked seeing someone else treated that way.

Serpent Goddess
13th March 2016, 12:07 AM
Speaking as a person who has 'been punished without sufficient reason' as Aliya put it, unless you saw the whole thing, know the situation, seen messages, etc...you really can't comment. Who was right here and who was wrong? Laurene may have been right so I won't discredit that. But if she harmed someone else and got a backlash...well, sometimes what goes around, comes around.

I'm not going to bother to ask the situation since its not my biz, but after reading this thread through its progression, I think it best that Mods handle it. A 'wall of shame' could harm some very good people. And I've been known to do some tongue lashing myself at those who have intentionally harmed me, only to have me look like the bad one.
Maybe this player was justified with her emotions.

Thats not to say its ok or was handled properly (c'mon, I'm Queen of Pink), but I've learned some things along the way. I hope it gets worked out because its really hurtful being publicly assaulted (as I know Laurene has done to me). As said above, I don't know the situation. the Player may have been well justified, or not.
It's not my call or anyone elses.... Leave it to the Mods

ChuChullain
13th March 2016, 04:36 AM
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones (Or maybe I'm too thick-skinned to notice- lol) but I have never been bullied or abused by any player (mods excluded - you know who you are) on Mira. In fact EVERYONE I've met and visited in this game have always been welcoming and friendly. So... While I get what you are saying AND generally agree - The particular type of abuse I witnessed here was not your usual kind of moaning and groaning and throwing insults and virtual slaps to and fro. As an outsider peeking in those can be quite entertaining sometimes - LOL - In this case (and in this particular event) the other member never said a word BUT... Believe it or not - there are things our Mira avatars can do that is much worse than a tongue lashing. And that... is enough from me on this subject... :D As you said - Its none of our business really - let the mods sort it out.

Laurene
13th March 2016, 04:57 PM
I didn't mean any kind of Visitors which jump in, look around, say hello or act like a normal Player do. I mean one very special player which comes in, dosn't say anything, put the Avatar over your own Avatar, use Spells to plants you want to harvest so you cant reach them and after this she hangs vor hours in the Village without say one word. It's annoying and I nearly will see such way to play as a kind if Cyber Stalking or mobbing

Aliya Silver
14th March 2016, 12:19 AM
Hello all,

If you have trouble with other players, you're welcome to contact team and try the advice you're going to be offered.
About that suggestion for a feature - I already told you what the developers' opinion on such a function is, and I doubt very much that the case of ONE player on all mira servers with 2 million players in total is going to change their mind.

Therefore, any further discussion on this topic is futile and the thread is closed.
Actual cases: please take them to support and take the advice given :)

Best regards,
Aliya