PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions...

ChuChullain
31st December 2015, 08:25 AM
This morning I have two quick questions...

1. Under the gifts section one can gift class targeted fences and walls. Currently I am playing Sorcerer. So I've gone to great extremes to build very nice sorcerer walls all around my estate in our village. Some of our other villagers have done the same. However... I'm due to transform soon and would like to know what happens to these fences and walls. Will they stay sorcerer or will they transform with me to the new class I might be picking like certain items of clothing and hairstyles do...
(I know the bought fences and walls don't transform but I'm hoping the gifted ones - which are nicer - do transform as well :) )

2. YAY, the snow is back for the new year's or new beginnings festivities. THANKS. But... My question is this... What are all those jellyfish floating about up to? Do they signify something special? If so... (And please excuse my ignorance here) what?
Ancient legends and customs is a research hobby of mine and I haven't come across special Jellyfish celebrations yet. So the story or legend behind it would be much appreciated thanks... :)

Querida
31st December 2015, 03:08 PM
To answer your second question : in the beginning the festival of renewal was for the chinese New Year, those "jellyfishes" are simply lanterns. Not every item is a symbol.

ChuChullain
31st December 2015, 03:46 PM
No, I can see the lanterns... (The red chinese ones which is all over the show AND they ARE a symbol of significance in some chinese spiritual paths.) I'm talking about the beige thingies with stingers at the bottom just like most jellyfish have. Or are these just 'meaningless' chinese lanterns made to look like 'meaningless' jellyfish? If what you say is true, Why have them at all then? The red lanterns surely are decorative enough and definitely more recognisable than the jellyfish shaped items.

Back to question one.. the IMPORTANT one... These are the walls I'm talking about... The pretty red tiled ones around the sorcerer house and the sturdy mud ones around the Shaman house...

http://lookpic.com/O/t2/776/iM07CITX.jpeg (http://lookpic.com/O/i2/776/iM07CITX.jpeg)

MimiTheBlonde
31st December 2015, 07:09 PM
I wish I could see your picture ChuChullain. I would like to know the answer as well.

the jelly fish are sky lanterns also known as Chinese lantern, it's a small hot air balloon made of paper, with an opening at the bottom where a small fire is suspended.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/DianaS/9a6e316c-f57b-4d9e-8641-2e9f57687053_zpsxaqjlhv0.png (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/DianaS/media/9a6e316c-f57b-4d9e-8641-2e9f57687053_zpsxaqjlhv0.png.html)
from wikipedia

oh sorry it's so big picture

ChuChullain
31st December 2015, 08:49 PM
Ah... so its supposed to be sky lanterns... Now that I can relate to and understand... :) Thanks Mimi... :) Maybe Dragonholt or one of the other moderators can ask a game developer whether those walls/fences transform with a person like certain items of clothing and hairstyles do?

Sorry, I tried with the pic Mimi. This forum does not want to display pics from my upload host. You are welcome to come and visit us in South Millleigh if you want. :)

Aliya Silver
31st December 2015, 10:32 PM
As far as we know, they don't change their shape.

There was a long time in Mira when walls have been available at the shop for all four character classes, and at some update those items have been made class-restricted - and also class-restricted gifts have been introduced.
If their shape would change, then there would be only ONE sort available instead of having three other sorts that just can't be bought or gifted.

Cheers,
Aliya

MimiTheBlonde
1st January 2016, 03:22 AM
TY Aliya it is good to know the answer!

Wowza ChuChullain, that is impressive to see each villagers property surrounded by their own special boarder!
TY : ) what a nice village!

ChuChullain
1st January 2016, 05:48 AM
Ah... Thanks for answering Aliya... I guess I'll stay sorcerer for quite awhile then... if not forever... :) I'm sure the others on our village is going to feel the same :)

Thanks for the compliment Mimi... Our village might look a bit cluttered to some but we love it... :)

MimiTheBlonde
2nd January 2016, 04:34 AM
Ah your post has me wondering, Is there any other benefit to remaining the same class when we transform? (other than saving gold on the class decorations!) :D

YW ChuChullain, I keep sneaking back over and made my friend come look too!

ChuChullain
2nd January 2016, 05:47 AM
Don't think so... But.. I rather like my red house so its OK... I think I'll always be playing either Sorcerer or Druid (if and when they fix the symbol problem)....

The Wizard house simply is too big and pretentious (LOL) and I can't play Shaman because I don't look good in dreads. (Which is what their class hairstyles is about - LOL)

You and your friend can visit any time you like, just a little hint in case you meet one of our citizens and want to say Hi, that we have Danes, South Africans, Germans and an American living in our village.

None of us can speak American so we usually mime to each other... :D So don't be offended if they don't say "Hi" back... :)