PDA

View Full Version : AVG is recognizing some ads as having trojans

Slinky_Wizard
17th December 2015, 02:28 AM
I am currently using Vivaldi web browser, and from this morning, when I click on the growth and Jackolope videos, 3 times, I got an AVG warning that there was a trojan present. AVG secured and removed the threats. If the problem persists, I will add more information.

Slinky_Wizard
17th December 2015, 02:46 AM
Getting the same trojan message when using Firefox as well

MimiTheBlonde
17th December 2015, 04:01 AM
I am using google chrome, i got 3 trojans after watching videos, after my fellow villager said her AGV was reporting trojans.
I reported it to support. I think we need to say the video number (in lower left corner of the video) one of the videos i watched was 17318 Kaiser Thrive, however when I watched it again (and ran a scan again) AVG said all was clear.
The Trojan is Exploit SWF_c
Affected Operating Systems: All Windows OS Exploit SWF_c Summary
Exploit SWF_c is a malicious application that allows hackers to remotely access you computer system letting them modify files, steal personal information and install more unwanted software. These kinds of threats, called Trojan horse, must be sent to you by someone or carried by another program. They may also arrive thanks to unwanted downloads on infected websites or installed with online games or other internet-driven applications.

MimiTheBlonde
17th December 2015, 04:20 AM
I just watched 17318 again and AVG popped up with 9 (nine) Trojans secured and removed. I think I will stop watching videos.

Slinky_Wizard
17th December 2015, 05:06 AM
After reading this particular trojan thread

http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/ww-en/virus-and-malware-information/info/exploit-swf_c/

it seems to be an Adobe Flash player problem, and also is not confined to Miramagia.

MimiTheBlonde
17th December 2015, 05:50 AM
# 17949 is also filled with Trojans, 12 of them. I emailed support about this video as well.:cool:

MimiTheBlonde
17th December 2015, 11:05 PM
AVG Trojan update: AVG said on their FB page it was a false positive, to update and then close/reopen browser and all will be good

ChuChullain
26th December 2015, 03:45 AM
I use a lot of browsers in general because I'm a web developer and yes, this IS a flash problem as opposed to be an AVG problem. Except Adobe rarely listens to outside developers and generally ignores complaints of this nature.
I play Miramagia on the Palemoon browser (Mozilla based) and they came up with a tool to fix this and other Flash errors within the Palemoon environment. I've tested it and it works with ALL browsers (if you run Windows). You may have to play with it to get it right for your browser. Here's the link: http://www.palemoon.org/flashtool.shtml Mine works best with Flash protect mode switched OFF in Palemoon but for Google Chrome for example mine works best with it switched ON. Give it a try, it might help your Miramagia run a bit smoother.

dragonholt
24th August 2016, 01:09 AM
I am getting some reports that this thread may be relevant for some people once more.

Eleanor Rigby
25th August 2016, 11:08 PM
Does this mean we should stop watching jackalope videos for the time being?