PDA

View Full Version : WORKING ON Collective thread: jackalope videos - reporting problems

dragonholt
16th October 2015, 08:57 PM
Dear Miramagicians,

As you already know, there can sometimes be errors when playing the jackalope videos (you can find detailed information *here* (http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?t=6958)).

First, please make sure an ad-blocker isn't responsible for preventing the video from playing. You can find a guide about this here: *How to deactivate your ad-blocker* (http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?t=6963)

Another option is to clear your browser cache and cookies. You can find more information about this *here* (http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?t=2546).

Report video

In order to successfully resolve the problem we always require the following information:
• What kind of problem is it? (Objectionable advertising, technical problem or incorrect language.)
• If you aren't playing on a German server: which country are you playing in?
• The video ID – You can usually find this to the bottom left of the video when you move your mouse cursor over it:
• Creating a screenshot of the video. (You can find guides here: Creating screenshots and Inserting images.)
• Brand name/company name of the product advertised.

In the event of a technical problem, we also need the following information:
• A detailed description of the error.
• The current version of the web browser you used to watch the video. (You can usually find this in the browser menu under 'About XXX' or in the browser settings under 'Info'.)
• The version of your current operating system.

If a video is shown in the wrong language, we also need the following information:
• Your location (the country you watched the video in).
• The language of the web browser you used to play.

Thank you very much indeed for your help!

Kind regards,
Your Miramagia.com team

dragonholt
4th November 2015, 12:39 AM
I am monitoring the situation and pestering the technical wizards. I am assured there should soon be a solution. Some players are reporting improved access so it seems something is working!

When I have more information I will post it here.

nuttynanny
6th January 2016, 09:03 PM
My videos, along with some of my fellow villagers have stopped working today..I am in usa, on win7, on chrome...don't know what the others are using..but they open and black screen and just sets there and now circle or anything..can we get some help or update?? what other info do I need to submit?? thanks nutty

Dervish1
6th January 2016, 11:06 PM
My videos, along with some of my fellow villagers have stopped working today..I am in usa, on win7, on chrome...don't know what the others are using..but they open and black screen and just sets there and now circle or anything..can we get some help or update?? what other info do I need to submit?? thanks nutty

I've had the same problem for some time, now. Videos fail to load so often that I only play them when I have a task that requires them - at present, none will load. If I try on Firefox (adblock is off), I get the black square with the loading circle in the middle. If I try on Chrome, I get the jackalope with a crystal ball animation and it also fails to load. No change if I clear cache.

Eleanor Rigby
7th January 2016, 12:25 AM
I am having a similar problem all day today. (USA, Win7, Chrome) Videos will start but exactly 5 seconds into their run, they freeze. Every single one of them (and I have seen at least 5 different ones try to start and then freeze). I have rebooted, cleared cache, all that jazz. The code number in the lower left corner of the video screen for all of them, regardless of which video starts to play which then freezes, is 18103.

dana8888
7th January 2016, 12:27 AM
I am having the same issues with the growth impulse videos and the jackalope videos. And don't tell me to clear cache and cookies, because I've already done that. I am using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. Have no problems with the game using 10 and Edge. The only other problem I have been having lately is the scroll button doesn't work in the game. It works here in the forum, and everywhere else.

McFeisty
7th January 2016, 12:56 AM
Firefox and Chrome both give this blank window, no videos. Number is 18103 in window, if unable to read it.
Tried growth from the planting popup, then clicked jackalope before and after plants were ready, and tried accessing from DW, all the same results.
I am using Linux Mint, most recent available versions of the browsers.
http://i63.tinypic.com/59o2d.jpg

MimiTheBlonde
7th January 2016, 01:07 AM
Video Number is 18103 is all black today, all day.
I also tried the growth from the planting popup,
as well as clicking jackalope, and the plant itself.
tried refreshing and loging out and in, restarting computer,
all same results, meaning no results.
I am using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome.
I have the most recent available versions of the browsers,
and just cleared the flash cache and have latest version of flash.

I read on the support chat to get an app for the iphone, but I cant make it work.
I probably need to find a young child to show me, LOL

Dervish1
8th January 2016, 03:46 AM
Some recent changes appear to have helped. Most videos now play, but aren't being rewarded. (I've watched 6 in a row. The third one gave me the time bonus, the third gave me a jackalope prize.) The (mildly offensive) Cheaters High and Railway Baron videos were the ones that came up on the failures.

Dervish1
8th January 2016, 09:00 PM
Some recent changes appear to have helped. Most videos now play, but aren't being rewarded. (I've watched 6 in a row. The third one gave me the time bonus, the third gave me a jackalope prize.) The (mildly offensive) Cheaters High and Railway Baron videos were the ones that came up on the failures.

Err... the *sixth* one above gave me the jackalope prize. And my most recent try was 2 successes in a row!

Aliya Silver
9th January 2016, 04:41 PM
Dietrich looks up, checks the jackalope once again, eyes droopy and swollen - and sighs.
He falls face down onto the keyboard and starts snoring heavily...

---

Shush, let him have a little rest, the poor guy overworked through Christmas holidays and turn of years - meanwhile we're going to forward the persistent problems to the rest of the tech team.

We're really sorry you have to watch these annoying video chains until you get a prize. Trying to find out what might be the cause.

Best regards,
Aliya

Lins31
14th January 2016, 08:27 PM
Ive a Jack problem ... UK server ...for the last few days the only video that appears is - sparta
|
http://s16.postimg.org/e36b8b12t/160114_Jack_problem_1.jpg

http://s16.postimg.org/e36b8b12t/160114_Jack_problem_1.jpg

afterwards - whether i skip or watch to the end i get this image
http://s29.postimg.org/jil08phdj/160114_Jack_problem_2.jpg

http://s29.postimg.org/jil08phdj/160114_Jack_problem_2.jpg

Jack does not recognise that I have watched the video or give growth boost or Jack prizes
Any help would be much appreciated

Two diff operating systems on chrome and firefox

Lins31
16th January 2016, 05:31 PM
Any news yet ..... now day 5 for Jack to be out of action

Lins31
16th January 2016, 05:44 PM
Mira response is overwhelming!

octopia
18th January 2016, 09:46 AM
Mira response is overwhelming!

Same thing here. Now 7 days. Video starts with #17318, changes immediately to #18143. Video runs to the end, then stops with black screen. I have asked for one of the Sparta War of Empires videos to be removed as it is not appropriate to our Mira community (contains scenes of violence with blood spattering and gore). Which ever video pops up with #18143, the result is always a black screen at the end.

UK
Windows 7 Premium SP1
Chrome 47.0.2526.111 m or IE 11.0.9600.1863 (current latest versions)
Intel i7-2600 CPU 3.4GHz typically running at 15% usage
16GB RAM typically only 3GB used
Java/Flash up to date

Running the video 20 times does not achieve a successful completion.

Lins31
18th January 2016, 10:03 PM
[21:58] dragonholt : Support tell me that it should be within the next 48 hours

dragonholt
18th January 2016, 10:04 PM
Greetings Miramagicians

I have heard back from Dietrich - and he has succeeded at last in discovering the problem - a gremlin in the works! Now it has been removed all that remains is for the system to be cleaned and checked - he expects things to be resolved within 48 hours.

He thanks players for their assistance in finding the gremlin and wishes to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Oh yes, and does anyone have a suggestion for removing gremlin stain from wizardly skin?

dragonholt
18th January 2016, 10:13 PM
Greetings Miramagicians

Thank s to DonabCheeky and karinblood I think we have the solution for Dietrich's problem:

[22:12] DonabCheeky : Gremlin iPhone & iPod Skin by Peta Herbert they are cool to the touch and very nice and colourful :)
[22:12] karinblood : *hands dragon a tube of anti-gremlin emollient cream*

Thank you very much you two!

Lins31
19th January 2016, 06:57 PM
Jack worked for first time in a week :-D
I can now hopefully complete my portal task of watching 10 videos

octopia
20th January 2016, 08:57 AM
All working smoothly now, thank you Dietrich!

I believe Gremlin stains disappear if you eat chocolate. Worth trying. A few times ... :)

Lady M.
21st March 2016, 08:57 PM
Hi
After weeks of playing Jack videos with no troubles, today is the day without Jack again;(

Videos start to run after a while( I can see changes in numbers of videos at the bottom left side), but in about 10 second screen gets black and sound is off, which means the end:(
This started at the European morning today, 21.st of March and it is still lasting.

Can you do something about this please? I have read on world chat that only some have experianced the same things, so I hope it can be fixed soon, living without Jack's videos is hard:(

Thank you! Looking forward to get growth boost back soon:)

Country-Slovenia
using Windows 7
browser Chrome
playing on Cone bush

Eleanor Rigby
29th March 2016, 07:27 PM
Videos are not playing for me either. It always seems to stick on #18681 so maybe that one has a technical problem (as in previous incidents).

USA, Win7, Chrome, ConeBush

Serpent Goddess
11th April 2016, 07:41 PM
I know there's something out there for everyone, but not everyone wants to see all thats out there.

Why can we not filter what we have come through our Jackalope. Other websites I've been on use targeted advertising. Some even have you fill out a thing with check boxes of likes and dislikes.

Can you do this Mira because some of the adds I receive are quite offensive to me, and I never see an add for something that may interest me.

I will literally put Jackalope on now and go to another website I'm viewing until its done, and then come back for the prize.
Is this the way it's suppose to work? :confused:

Serpent Goddess
11th April 2016, 07:53 PM
ok, since I posted this just like 10 minutes ago,I've had the same offensive add come up 3 times, twice on a growth vid with extra spin, and the jackalope himself from picking a few shrooms.

For prize I get wooden benches, hippo spells and a wood fence. Is this all worth it?

dragonholt
11th April 2016, 08:58 PM
Please take the ID number of any ad you find offensive and let support know. They can pass this information on to Dietrich who can speak to the external provider and sort something out. The ID number is on the bottom of the video screen. Please also explain what is offensive so we can inform the provider and they can refine their choices.

This thread:
http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?t=6957 gives information about how to report issues with the adverts in the opening post.

Serpent Goddess
11th April 2016, 09:51 PM
Thank you, but I've noticed the same number with both offensive and non offensive, as to just not interested. I'd like to see more targeted adverts, because whats offensive to me, may not be so for you, and vice versa.

dragonholt
11th April 2016, 10:20 PM
It is your choice whether or not you complain - the link tells you what is needed to help Dietrich convey the correct information to the providers; without the information the external providers will not be aware of the way you (and possibly others) feel. At the moment they are regionally targetted; information is needed to refine that targetting.

Serpent Goddess
11th April 2016, 10:27 PM
ok. thank you DH

annhayden
27th April 2016, 09:07 PM
My growth impulse video gets stuck as soon as it loads. I don't see any ad blockers and I don't see any number in the left hand corner. The Jackalope video doesn't even load. Some of the growth impulse videos go thru just fine, but there are times I don't see any credit for them. Is this a problem you are working on or is it just me?
annhayden

Aliya Silver
28th April 2016, 04:57 PM
Hi annhayden,

This is strange, and if the following tips don't help, then I think it will give Dietrich a bit of a headache...

He asked about the ID again, and his hint is: move your mouse cursor into the video screen and have a look at the bottom left corner of that screen.

Also he wanted to know which browser you're using. There have been some scale problems with firefox lately. Setting zoom to 80% or less has been known to help and it's being worked on.
And here's one little thing I thought about: some videos won't start on their own but you have to click them in order to get them started.

I hope this helps and please tell us about the outcome!

Good luck,
Aliya

Phoebe Springba
28th April 2016, 08:26 PM
I usually don't mind the adverts from the Jackalope, I even watch some. But I just got one that has me seriously considering not playing Miramagia anymore. *Please*, don't run political ads! They have no place in a game. This one is so offensive, if I see it again, I will exit the game, and may or may not open it again. I've spent money several times on Miramagia, & have enjoyed it, but not enough to suffer such trash. Please consider the effect, when you choose what sponsors you use.

dragonholt
28th April 2016, 09:54 PM
Phoebe - please make a note of the video ID number, and write to support quoiting it, the country you are in when you play miramagia - I will alert them and it will be sent to Dietrich as a matter of urgency. He will then be in touch with the third party providers and get something done.

Phoebe Springba
29th April 2016, 01:34 AM
Thank you, I'll try to do that. On logging in tonight, I got it again on the first "boost", before the Jackalope. Unfortunately, I didn't read here first, so just quickly shut it off.

annhayden
29th April 2016, 03:33 PM
I am using Chrome. I always have to click to get the video started, but now when the start image comes up it freezes. I have clicked on that picture but it just opens a new window with the ad. This has been going on for more than a week now. I think it started out being no credit for growth impulse and then developed into no video at all.1468

I hope I did this capture correctly.
I use Chrome because I seem to have less trouble with Flash there.

Thanks for your attention, Ann

Phoebe Springba
30th April 2016, 04:32 AM
I'm having the same problem, Serpent G. But I figure if I describe the ad, and exactly why its so offensive, they'll be able to identify it. Don't know why 2 ads, 1 for food and the other for a demagogue would have the same number, lol!

Phoebe Springba
30th April 2016, 05:31 AM
Done. Hopefully, it will help. Otherwise, I'll have some extra free time available. >.<

Serpent Goddess
30th April 2016, 07:32 PM
I too have seen more than my share of unsavory adds. I agree with the political stuff, Mira is no place for that.
As I've suggested before, I would like it if we had a survey type form that asked our preferences, what we'd like to see, what we don't want to see, and suggestions if its not on the list.

Many other sites ask this, or have some sort of tracking by our searches. Most the adds I see prior to logging in are compatible with my likes, but the Jackalopes are so far off that I leave the room while they are playing, or switch to another tab.

I've been told the Jackalopes are based off of regional data. Thats not a very accurate way to decide what people like.

Since I see Dragonholt answered this, I think she will relate here since you know me well. I live in Arizona, cowboy country - but I'm Vegan. All I mostly get is adds for steakhouses and get physically ill.
I just bought a house, I would like to see adds about home improvement and decor stuff, but nothing.
Regional has nothing to do with interests.

It would nice if this were modified.

Aliya Silver
1st May 2016, 12:22 PM
Hi Phoebe,

this is because there are certain series or packages of videos - each with one ID.
So there are different videos summarized by one ID and it's also possible that videos for the same product (but most likely different videos) go by different IDs.

So... we always need ID and product to pass on to the partner company who provide the videos if they are supposed to identify and remove the correct one :)

Best regards,
Aliya

Aliya Silver
1st May 2016, 12:59 PM
@all: Merged a few threads that had been misplaced ;) so maybe postings are not quite in the same order as before...

Hello annhayden,

About videos getting stuck and not awarding any prize: When did you last clear cache? Updated browser and so on? - There's a possibility that old data and new data don't go well with each other and so something gets stuck at some point; but also some browser updates come with unexpected 'safety features' that cause problems with the videos.

Generally, there are some videos (presented via youtube, but for different products, such as leibniz cookies and a couple of other things) that have to be started manually. Sorry about that but we don't have a way to change that :(

The scale problem in the screen might be related to your screen resolution, could you tell us what resolution you have so Dietrich knows where to start digging?

Best regards,
Aliya

@ Serpent Goddess:

The partnership contract with the provider of the videos does not allow for personalized videos. Yes, there may be other web sites with different contracts that might support it, but it's not possible for the videos we get in the TG games. Sorry about that, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Please consider that those videos are very much different from the usual banner ads you find on a lot of sites (including Mira logout page) - and even those banner ads aren't always based on your preferences:

http://www.youscreen.de/caevdledy25.jpg

annhayden
3rd May 2016, 12:59 AM
Aliya I have cleaned cashe and did all the updates that were waiting. Still growth impulse won't work. My growth impulse has been working for such a long time before this, I can't believe it is an ad blocker. However I have been looking around and don't know where I might fine it. The size in my capture was due to reducing the zoom. I thought I read your instructions somewhere to reduce it and sometimes that will work. My Browser says it is up to date. I don't know where to find the resolution now. I am working with windows 7. But I don't think he will need to worry about resolution now that he know it was just the zoom reduction. Let me know if there is something else I can do.

annhayden
3rd May 2016, 07:25 PM
My Jackalope worked just now. It ran the growth impulse and the Jackalope prize. I will try again in a couple of hours to see if it will be a consistent fix. I'm still looking for a number in the lower left corner and don't see anything. I hover and I click. the only thing that happens is when I click it takes me to that website.
Thanks for the help, ann

Aliya Silver
3rd May 2016, 09:27 PM
Hi annhayden,

*fingers crossed* Let's hope it remains like that!

Dietrich scowled at me when I disturbed him and asked about the ID puzzle - for being that 'stupid' and not having guessed right away:

If the zoom of your browser causes the video to not match the prepared screen, then maybe the ID is beyond the frame and you really can't see it whatever you do :(

Glad it works again,
best regards,
Aliya

annhayden
4th May 2016, 02:33 AM
Well that was premature. Growth Impulse and Jackalope isn't working again. Still no ID number.

Aliya Silver
6th May 2016, 08:02 AM
What happens exactly - some more detailed information would be very helpful for Dietrich.

Does it still stop at the first picture of the video? Somewhere in the middle? At the last picture and doesn't give a bonus?

What screen resolution do you use? Is your browser in full screen mode? What about full screen mode for the game itself?

Please try:
* start a video
* then press the Ctrl key and scroll with the mouse wheel to change the browser zoom
* watch what happens to the video frame and try to find a zoom stage where it fits (you'll be able to tell when at last you can see a video ID)
(* alternatively: open browser settings and change zoom in there)

Sorry to bother you with those technical details, but without knowing exactly about the circumstances, it's really difficult to find out what's wrong or what might help.

Best regards,
Aliya

http://www.youscreen.de/yrzzbpsqk64.jpg

annhayden
9th May 2016, 05:18 PM
Answers to questions:
#1 Does it still stop at the first picture of the video? Somewhere in the middle? At the last picture and doesn't give a bonus?

sometimes the video doesn't start at all. I've tried both the growth impulse button and the Jackelope button. Sometimes it will start and look like this.

#2 What screen resolution do you use? Is your browser in full screen mode? What about full screen mode for the game itself?

My screen resolution is 1600/900 and I keep browser and game at full screen.

#3 Please try:
* start a video
* then press the Ctrl key and scroll with the mouse wheel to change the browser zoom
* watch what happens to the video frame and try to find a zoom stage where it fits (you'll be able to tell when at last you can see a video ID)
(* alternatively: open browser settings and change zoom in there)

I have tried the zoom wheel and it worked once (out of aproximately 20 tries on different videos each) But today and the past 2 days it hasn't worked at all. For me to go to browser settings and change the zoom I have to restart my computer so that will have to come on the next note.

Note that sometimes I just get the black screen and sometimes I will get the start picture then it freezes like the screed shot you see above. I also see the number in your screen shot above, but on my computer I don't see any number.

I hope this helps over the past 3 days I have seen a video go thru 2 times and as I have said I try it frequently adding up to many times per day.

Eleanor Rigby
10th May 2016, 12:59 AM
Phoebe - please make a note of the video ID number, and write to support quoiting it, the country you are in when you play miramagia - I will alert them and it will be sent to Dietrich as a matter of urgency. He will then be in touch with the third party providers and get something done.

I have begun seeing political attack ads also, and I don't like it one bit. Do you want people to post the information here so you can alert Dietrich or do I just send the info to support without alerting them?

--ER.

annhayden
11th May 2016, 12:13 AM
well I have changed the zoom to all levels and still no video. I seem to be geting the start picture now but it freezes there. My resolution as I have said before is 1600/900 and I am using Windows 7 and Chrome Browser. I tried using Explorer Browser but that didn't help. I hope he is still working on this. It has been a month since I've been able to use growth impulse..

Aliya Silver
12th May 2016, 03:36 PM
Thanks annhayden,

That's really severe - but let's hope that your detailed information gives some idea about what's wrong.
When you tried all those zoom levels, did you get to the point of seeing a video ID in the bottom left corner of the video? (Even if it doesn't start to play, there should be a number and for some reason it seems to be very tricky to find the correct zoom level for you to be able to see it)

@Eleanor Rigby, that's up to you :) You can post it here or you can report it to support - but either way, please provide all information required as described in the starter posting of this thread.

Best regards,
Aliya

PS - let's see if I can catch up with Dietrich at some point, I guess he can do with some power food for this task...

Eleanor Rigby
12th May 2016, 08:12 PM
What: Objectionable political attack ad for a Nevada (USA) state election.
Where: Cone Bush server (USA)
ID: 17318 (that's the final # it ends on, there are about 5 others that it sweeps through before settling on this one)
Screenshot:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1506
"Product": no product, but from a political action committee campaigning against someone.

annhayden
16th May 2016, 03:45 AM
I've had a couple of videos go through, but the credits are -0- and Jackalope doesn't work.

Aliya Silver
16th May 2016, 09:08 AM
Hi annhayden,

What exactly do you mean with 'jackalope doesn't work' - that you are shown the possibility for another video but this second video won't work?
Or that you don't get the chance of a second video? And that you don't even get jackalope videos for collecting mushrooms? (There's never a guarantee for a second video, just a chance.)

Best regards,
Aliya

annhayden
17th May 2016, 03:14 PM
I mean when the Jackalope video that is next to the wheel is clicked it freezes just the same as the growth impulse video. sometimes it remains black and it freezes and sometimes it will show a start picture and freeze there. This morning I have something new show up before it freezes. Below is a picture.

Over the last 2 or 3 days I have seen the growth impulse video a couple of times. Other times I see the wheel turning and then it stops. Sometimes I have seen an arrow to click and I have done so but nothing happens most of the time....it worked 2 times each on different days and then froze the other times I tried between those success's.

Hopes this helps.
ann

porcdoll
17th May 2016, 11:10 PM
I got the same message just not to log ago myself. Also when I have been playing the video the last few days there has not been any sound just the video to watch. I have been getting the boost or the reward just there is no sound to the videos. I'm on winds 10 chrome conebush in the USA.

dragonholt
17th May 2016, 11:12 PM
This has been forwarded to Dietrich. I don't think it has been affecting video or reward.

porcdoll
19th May 2016, 04:49 PM
My jackalope videos has been working and giving me the growth boost and when I do do the second video I have been getting a gift. But there has been no sound for the videos. Also I have been trying to watch the videos today and its only been a right screen.

porcdoll
19th May 2016, 04:50 PM
white screen not right screen sorry

bricerw1
25th May 2016, 08:45 AM
No sound or video on jackalope or growth impulse videos. Currently using Chrome (fully updated) on the USA server. Just get loading icons and video numbers with a completely black box. The numbers seem to change but nothing happens unless video 18431 comes up then you get the prize after an extended wait. Most of the other numbers cause a flash player crash or just hang the game up. Clearing cache and reloading flash player doesn't seem to help the problem.

annhayden
25th May 2016, 04:28 PM
both growth impulse and Jackalope videos stay on black screen and don't show the video or give credits. I don't see any ID number on the black screen. (on going problem for over a month) Others in my village of Great Blueville, Valley of Dragons, have experienced the same thing.

SqkyC
27th May 2016, 07:47 PM
The Jackalope videos for the past few days have been repeating the white screen click to play button (I have click to play flash in my browser) again and again.

Eventually it might play a video but several times it has simply had the black screen with the loading circle for so long I just close it.

A couple of times I saw the same JsApi error as above post.

Firefox 46.0.1 Windows 7 Pro
I am in USA playing on Cone Bush server.

SqkyC
27th May 2016, 07:52 PM
@AnnHayden - check your text size settings on the computer - mine are set to large text and it does the same thing cutting off the number of the video. Something that has worked for me is the nosquint addon for firefox - I don't know what addons are available for different browsers but it might be worth a look as it lets you adjust text and image sizes seperately with a button.
Hope this helps!

Lilycat
31st May 2016, 01:31 PM
I have been getting no sound and no picture with the videos. If I wait long enough, I do get the growth boost and the prize, but I'm never sure this is going to actually happen. Occasionally, I get sound without picture, or picture without sound, but most often it is just a black screen. Sometimes the little circle will whirl around for a moment and blink, but often not even that. The little number in the bottom left corner keeps switching as though it's trying a number of ads and can't decide which one to play. Once it sticks on a number for awhile, I'm pretty sure I'll get the boost even if I don't see anything. I sure hope all these advertisers aren't getting charged for ads that I'm not seeing!

annhayden
2nd June 2016, 01:59 PM
growth impulse video is showing the start picture but says "if playback doesn't start shortly try" ..... I don't see what it is that I am suppose to try. zoom and shrink make no difference.

Jause
5th June 2016, 05:26 AM
reporting on behalf of a friend who's not registered here:

at first the numbers are just quickly changing (as reported by another player above) then she gets either 13806 "rail nation" or 17284 "goal united". the video plays smoothly (which one it happens to be) but at the end it just kinda hops back at the beginning and freezes. if she clicks at the seemingly frozen picture it does direct her to the game site (eg rail nation) but if she just waits it may just stay that way, or sometimes it hops to "video is loading" screen which then stays - she's waited sometimes for over 10 mins. no matter how often she re-tries always the same videos, same behaviour... and never growth boost. this has been going on for about a week now.

she does use a laptop, ie 11 and she does have wifi connection. she says she's aware of the reminder elsewhere on the forum that wifi connections are known to cause problems cause of lack of bandwith. but she says she doesn't understand why the video from "gan..." site plays fine but when it's time to get back to mira-servers and the static growth boost or prize screen the problem should strike. cache and cookies cleared, also the flash cache. and as said the vidoes were working (with some minor hickups) until about a week ago.

umdia
6th June 2016, 05:25 PM
Hello,

i've had the same issue. try this please. click on the right side of your mouse, on the adobe flash player go to settings and enable the hardware. it worked for me. hope i've helped.

umdia
6th June 2016, 05:40 PM
hello, after enable the flash player in the settings (click on the right side of the mouse ----> settings) it worked for me. hope i've helped

Aliya Silver
7th June 2016, 09:22 AM
Hi all,

We're really sorry there's such a mess with the videos at the moment - maybe I should try and 'catch up' with Dietrich some time soon... and see what he and his Oompa-Loompas are actually doing!

Mostly it seems to affect videos that advertise one of TG's own games (RailNation, TruckNation, Travian Legends, Travian Kingdoms, Goal United...) and sadly there's a variety of problems connected to them.

Team and TG are aware of it and doing all they can but up to now it's still a mystery what's exactly wrong.

Meanwhile:
Please, if you report a video, make sure you give all information necessary as described in the starter posting of this thread and in the informative threads in this section of the forum. Without it there's nothing we or Dietrich or anyone can do because nobody knows where to start looking for the cause of the problem ;) and it takes a lot of time to get back to you, ask for the missing bits and wait for your answers - this time could be cut short if we get the information right away.

Thanks a lot and all the best,
Aliya

E.T.
15th June 2016, 12:06 AM
Reporting a video problem

In order to successfully resolve the problem we always require the following information:
• What kind of problem is it? Technical problem
• If you aren't playing on a German server: which country are you playing in? .com server (Cone Bush)
• The video ID – Various. Most frequently I see 19351.
• Creating a screenshot of the video. Attached.1597
• Brand name/company name of the product advertised. Various, often Rail Nation.

Since it is a technical problem, the following additional information:
• A detailed description of the error: The video screen is usually blank. Sometimes there is a small or large loading symbol. If I click the mouse middle button and scroll down, there is a video number visible at the bottom, but the video screen remains blank. Usually after 2 minutes or more time, the video will start playing.
• The current version of the web browser you used to watch the video. Mozilla Firefox 47.0
• The version of your current operating system. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Slinky_Wizard
17th June 2016, 01:24 AM
I have the same problem playing on .com, what I have found is that for some reason, the growth videos will load and play on my ipad, but they will play what seems like any ad, from other countries, without the usual problem I have playing on my PC. ( ads include McDonalds, Black Axe? Maytag as well as the Travian ones )

ON my PC, the growth videos will only play Rail Nation, Travian, Goal United and Truck Nation if I remember correctly, it almost seems like my PC is blocking other ads and waiting for only Travian games to play, and after a long wait, sometimes I have success, sometimes failure.

To sum up, Ipad loads and plays with 75% success, and will play a variety of ads, PC takes minutes to load and play, with 50% success, and only plays Travian ads

SnowLily.
17th June 2016, 11:06 PM
Thank you E.T. add my name to that report as E.T having same problem = stop watching the videos, annoying

pgint1
19th June 2016, 05:40 PM
I don't even get a video just a black screen. I can see it cycling through video numbers in the bottom left corner & see that it is trying to load & then nothing...just black screen. If i let it sit 4 or 5 min. on black screen i will once in a great while get the growth time taken off my crops. I'm not sure if this helps but as it cycles through video numbers the 2 that it always sticks on are 18431 & 19047. It seems that once the cycle hits those it just stops any further cycling.

porcdoll
21st June 2016, 06:54 AM
I am still been having issues with the video boost. Sometimes the video will load but will not give me the boost for my crops. It just said video loading on the screen. I need to do tasks for the islands with the videos. But since they are not working right I have skipped them to do something else instead. I have been using Google Chrome as m browser, The world I'm in is Cone Bush.

Eleanor Rigby
18th August 2016, 12:56 AM
The "Midnight Rider" video from Lincoln (#17318) is over 3 minutes long. I cancel it ever time it comes on (USA, Cone Bush), but right now it's coming on almost every time, so I can never get a Growth Impulse or a Jackalope prize. Please make it go away!

Nacnud
23rd February 2017, 03:49 PM
Since the update a couple of days ago, I've been having a lot of trouble with videos. I'm playing in the US, using Firefox 51.0.1 on a Windows 10.1 machine.

The issue is that no videos load. After several minutes of a black screen that shows only the loading wheel, the flash plug-in crashes and I have to reload the page.

I've tried clearing my cache and have checked to make sure my flash player is fully updated.

Dietrich asks if it is the same when you try another browser?

Rentara
20th June 2017, 08:34 PM
I seem to be the first one in a while to either have or bother reporting a video issue.

For about three days now, I have been having an issue where the video won't load properly. It freezes firefox, and then will give me the option to "debug script" "continue" or "stop script." It doesn't matter which of these selections I click, I can't do anything. I have had to use the task manager to end firefox five times since this problem started (the rest of the times, the video still did not load, but I was able to refresh the browser window), and I'm getting tired of it. I just had to restart my computer because firefox still wouldn't run properly after being closed.

I am in the U.S. playing on the English-speaking server
Video ID -- it never gets to that point, so I don't know
Screenshot -- I'll edit in a minute
brand -- again, doesn't load, I have no clue
description of the error is as above
browser version -- firefox 53.0.3
os -- windows 10

I am currently trying to do a RIDICULOUS island task where I have to watch 30 of these stupid videos (I typically avoid them because I love you guys but I've only ever had problems with the videos taking forever loading, &tc., even when it seems to function perfectly), so this is really frustrating timing for having an issue.

Abellio
3rd May 2018, 07:16 PM
OK, I realize this is in the wrong place in the forum but its the first time ever I got a message like this from the Jackalope and I seem to be unable to upload pics in the correct forum.

This is the message I got and as you can see, the video number is also on the screenshot.

I'm using Edge and all my media players, Flash and Windows updates are... up to date with the latest media codecs etc.

Abellio
3rd May 2018, 11:22 PM
Other Jackalope videos play fine, its just that one. Firefox had the same problem with that particular video... I think its supposed to roll to the next video, which it doesn't always because I noticed after trying a couple of times that that number appears, then moves on to another number video - which then plays as normal