PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Ruby Mine Opinions & Experiences

Serpent Goddess
3rd September 2015, 08:03 PM
I didn't purchase the ruby mine, and I'm wondering how its working for those that did.

Here is my reasoning. I have always bought rubies, and have been a gold member for lets say 3 years, it was called something else in the beginning.

I will click on Gold club and evaluate the value of spending 1999 rubies a year on this feature:
*Busy Little Helpers for a year, That alone is over 1400 rubies.
*Two simultaneous constructions of buildings....oh, the amount of rubies that would cost without Gold Club is unfathomable
*Two extra Plant Fairies for a year. I don't know what that adds up to, but their offer of 7 for a week is 140 rubies
*Downpour spell is increased by 10%, and Mana production by 30%
*All this without talking about the Witching Stick and Seven League Boots that give you twice as many 'shrooms and more space to hold them in.
*Then the extra goodies, Premium Questie daily (which you get Optics from), and you save 2/3 in taxes when selling in market.

This ^^^ is ALL guaranteed !! And the convenience of BLH saves me from getting Carpel Tunnel ;)
----------------------------------------------

Now the Ruby Mine-
For Ina (the Gold Version I assume, is 1499 rubies for 6 months)
*Only guarantee is 9 rubies a day, that comes out to 1620 rubies, a mere 121 profit over 6 months. Everything else is chance.
*It's 4.99 to buy 100 rubies, and with a 'Possibility of receiving over 2000 rubies, for 9.99 I can buy 250 more. That would bring me close to 2000 (1620 + 250 = 1870, its close), so why spend 1499 rubies?
Whats the appeal? Why tie so many rubies up for 6 months for a small guarantee, and the rest chance?
I really like the Ruby Mine idea, I'd like to see it worked on more with these figures in mind. The crystal gifts are nice, but we all know they're unpredictable.
If I were to consider using the mine, I would like to see it more beneficial than risky.

I would love to hear some other opinions on this, along with experiences.

Rentara
4th September 2015, 09:02 AM
Why tie up those rubies? Because for those of us who can't spend real life money on the game more than once in a GREAT while (I splurged last year and bought myself some rubies for my birthday), any return is worthwhile.

With my patience and a little judicious spending, I will always have a few extra rubies running around now, to try for prizes I really want, or to save up for items. It's not so much that most people won't quit buying rubies but just enough to grab a few extras here and there.

Slinky_Wizard
4th September 2015, 09:20 AM
Buying Ina will guarantee coming out ahead, like you mentioned SG, 121 rubies over 6 months, while not a lot, a 121 rubies is more than 0 rubies.

I am 8 for 36 as of today, ( 22% ) , an extra 66 rubies on top of the 9 daily, I bought Ina knowing I will come out ahead, and I could afford to buy her at the same time.

I guess if you have the money, and don't mind spending it to buy rubies, the ruby mine is a not a bad deal in my eyes.

Slinky_Wizard
4th September 2015, 10:54 AM
Just to clarify, 8 for 36 is

I have hit collect rubies 36 times with Ina and out of those 36 times, 8 times have given me extra rubies. My sugar beet is not yet full, but nearly full. So I am standing at 22.2% so far of getting extra rubies. To me , this is easily worth the Ina purchase.

Serpent Goddess
5th September 2015, 07:34 PM
OK, I see your points. Me personally, I would rather hang on to the price of the mine and buy extra rubies if I want. As I said, 6 months is a long time for me, and the amount of rubies gained is minimal and inexpensive.

Especially for this time of year, this is when Mira does its best work, the Autumn Season, Halloween and xmas. I don't want rubies tied up for these.

Maybe if they added more to the package like the Gold club does, I would've tried it. Maybe in increments until I was sure I liked it as they do with Gold and Silver clubs. After all, those crystals don't mean anything unless you have mine activated, so that should be a standard given, as would be with anything else they could add. Maybe fairies, maybe different jewels for special items....

OK, thats it !!!! Different stones that can't be bought with money, you need to purchase the mine to get these other rare stones. Now that would be incentive !!! Trading rubies for say Emeralds every day, and items that you can only buy with these new stones - Yes!

It would be nice to have as a prize in lotteries and long Dragon races too ;)

Serpent Goddess
5th September 2015, 07:53 PM
Actually, it would be cooler if we paid the miners rubies to extract Dragonfire, which is useless to them, but indispensable to Miramagicians...that would be interesting. Orange crystalline stone with a blue flame maybe, not like the crystals in shop. And it could have added features like the Mushroom bag.

Rentara
6th September 2015, 09:32 AM
I really feel like, for those of us who will most benefit from the mine (again, those who find the long-term investment worthwhile because we don't regularly purchase rubies), changing the purpose of the mine to another mineral or making it part of a larger money-making scheme really defeats the purpose.

Those would be fun ideas for a totally new game concept, but I truly hope that they do not change the current nature of the mine.

Serpent Goddess
7th September 2015, 03:01 AM
Its nice that you are able to enjoy this feature Rentara. I would just like to see a little more options and creativity with it. How would that hurt you if they added other features such as the different stones I mentioned? And how would that be changing the purpose?

If Mira chooses to keep it as just a ruby mine, so be it. However, it would be nice if those that didn't use it had the option of removing it from our screen, or using it as another island to decorate.

punkpoet182
11th September 2015, 09:12 PM
This has been moved as it isn't a suggestion, so it belongs in gen chat, thanks.

Slinky_Wizard
2nd February 2016, 02:47 AM
My 180 Ina ruby mine days came to end today, for a 1499 ruby purchase ( quite a large initial upfront cost ) Ina managed to mine 2163 rubies.

So a profit of 664 rubies, so around 3.69 free rubies a day. That's good enough for me to put Ina back to work. Hopefully, after 180 days, her muscles have built up a bit and she will mine a little bit harder. Me needs them rubies Ina!!

Elsje
2nd February 2016, 07:23 PM
My 180 Ina ruby mine days came to end today, for a 1499 ruby purchase ( quite a large initial upfront cost ) Ina managed to mine 2163 rubies.

So a profit of 664 rubies, so around 3.69 free rubies a day. That's good enough for me to put Ina back to work. Hopefully, after 180 days, her muscles have built up a bit and she will mine a little bit harder. Me needs them rubies Ina!!
That looks like a good result, well done!
However, I've heard that after your 180 days are over, you'll get less rubies - until you build up your beet juice supply to the previous level.