PDA

View Full Version : Useful tips: Come and share!

Divination
28th August 2015, 12:23 PM
I was explaining some mira tips to a new village mate that recently started the game, those tidbits of info that are hard to find (and sometimes cannot be found) on the forum and would otherwise be inaccessible to most players. We got the Guides section with very comprehensive guides, especially ones from our mods, and they are very useful to new players.

But for most of us that have been playing the game for awhile, we already know the basics. We've also picked up few things here and there, and maybe came across something cool that we share among friends and village mates. A search through our forum might come up with some guides and useful posts, but they're either old, incomplete or hard to find.

What we need is a place to collect and share those useful tips, whether ones found elsewhere in the forum, or ones shared here.

If enough people participate in asking questions they've always wanted to know (eg. how do you transform in 2 weeks?! :confused:) , then maybe more experienced players will come to share their answers. :)

Brighteyes18
28th August 2015, 03:18 PM
That is a great idea Divination. The guides are great but typically a new player reads them when they start but forget many of the items since you don't use everything right away. "how to transform in 2 weeks" would be an awesome thing to know!!

Slinky_Wizard
29th August 2015, 04:06 PM
How to transform in 2 weeks or less, easy for some....................................

Deep pockets and very deep pockets :o

IF I had deep pockets, I would

buy a ton of rubies to level up buildings like magic circle, laboratory and dragon's lair to max using instantly complete button after transformation,

use the mana trader to change gold into mana everyday,

clear obstacles instantly when vaporizing using rubies,

buy the 7 plant fairies for a week, and depending on how deep my pockets were, buy as many of these packages as possible

also buy a heap of tickets for the wheel of fortune , the lottery booth, and Tent of Advanced Magic

Unfortunately, my pockets are rather shallow, and have big holes in them.

Brighteyes18
31st August 2015, 03:36 AM
How to transform in 2 weeks or less, easy for some....................................

Deep pockets and very deep pockets :o

IF I had deep pockets, I would

buy a ton of rubies to level up buildings like magic circle, laboratory and dragon's lair to max using instantly complete button after transformation,

use the mana trader to change gold into mana everyday,

clear obstacles instantly when vaporizing using rubies,

buy the 7 plant fairies for a week, and depending on how deep my pockets were, buy as many of these packages as possible

also buy a heap of tickets for the wheel of fortune , the lottery booth, and Tent of Advanced Magic

Unfortunately, my pockets are rather shallow, and have big holes in them.

LOL Slinky!! My pockets are full of holes too!!

Divination
31st August 2015, 10:35 PM
Spending rubies on lottery booth/wheels/tent is one way, but there are others as well. For instance, I'm sitting at about ~300 masterful fertilizers and ~1000 unused lottery tickets, not including lots of mushrooms. I know others sit on these resources too. By spending them we can level very fast, but I doubt if that is the smartest way. I'd love to hear from those that have done it, as I'm sure there are things we both missed. However, I'll start off this thread with something that I and others have used that will help ease your path to level 100.

How to reduce vaporization cost by 663,790 mana (or 43% of total cost) with the Dreamy Starter Package?

A friend of mine, Michelle, first mentioned to me that her village mate had finished clearing all the debris much sooner than usual by using the Stater package at around level 36 (we later figured it's best to do it AFTER level 51, after clearing all level 5 stumps). After talking back and forth, we ironed out how it worked and how it could be a viable strategy going forward. I'm sure others have known about it before but this was the first time I learned of it. Maybe this will be the first time you hear about it as well here.

The strategy goes like this:
After transformation, do not vaporize the level 1 field debris (flowers). Hover your cursor over them and it will say "spell level 1". There are 12 as mentioned in the wikia picture below. Leave those alone. Start vaporization with the level 2 debris at level 16 when you learn the level 2 spell. Continue clearing level 3, 4, and 5 debris as you level to level 51. Once all your level 2-5 debris are vaporized/vaporizing (with the level 1 debris left alone), you then buy the Stater Package. This will auto-clear those level 1 fields that you'd left alone. This happens after level 51, at the earliest, since you need to clear all the stumps first before buying the package.

http://i.imgur.com/rcm2UrR.png(from the wikia (http://miramagia.wikia.com/wiki/Vaporisation))

How or why does it work?

The description of the Starter Package is like this:
http://i.imgur.com/qwPaKFU.png

Combine what it says in the first line (clearing level 1 obstacles) with what we know of vaporization (mana cost goes up each time we use the spell, ie, as more fields are cleared, the the mana cost for the spell increases), we have our explanation. By skipping the first 12 level 1 obstacles and clearing everything else first, we keep the mana cost low throughout because we have 12 less fields cleared. For example, the last stump that we clear will cost only 45,309 mana, as opposed to the normal 64,166 mana.

Here is the spreadsheet table that I made explaining how and where the mana saving comes from.

http://i.imgur.com/rnSXlRR.png
credit to this blog (http://its-magic-miramagia.blogspot.ca/p/vaporizations.html)for the mana cost of each field, and to Tonii for confirming the cost of clearing each stumps (#s attached on the right side of the table)

The field # refers to the field being cleared, skipping the first 9 starting fields so that's why it starts counting the first vaporized field as #10. Remember that your Expanded Fields do not affect your Vaporization spell cost.

The very bottom numbers are the total mana cost for clearing all the debris, using different methods of clearing. The first method is the normal way we all clear our fields, without using the Starter Package.

The second method is how we would normally clear the field using the Starter Package, if we buy it ASAP after transformation. As you can see, the first 12 level 1 debris (beige colour), are clear for free and normal vaporization starts at the 22nd field. But notice how the mana cost saved is only 19,292 (comparing to the normal method).

The third method is the "strategy" I discuss above. We start normal clearing on the level 2 debris onward, and once that's done, we buy the Starter Package at level 51+ to auto-clear the remaining level 1 fields (beige colour). Doing it this way, we artificially kept the "number of fields cleared" low (by exactly 12 fields) so that the spell cost remains low compared to the previous two methods. In the end, we will only need 889,972 mana to all of level 2 to level 5 fields, and 49 rubies to clear the last 12. On top of saving a whopping 664k mana on vaporizing, you'll get all the other perks that come with the Starter Package!

Still confused on how it works? Ask away!

conorb
31st August 2015, 10:58 PM
also I level my dragon lair to 8 and wait because the started package will upgrade your building one level. after it is leveled up to 9 I go back in a feel the dragon and he is not at level 27

Divination
31st August 2015, 11:22 PM
ohh, very smart! Keep your dragon den at level 8 so when youre level 51+ & ready to clear the level 1 fields, the Starter Package will finish that last dragon den level for you. That's what I meant by useful tip we dont often hear about!

For those worrying about rubies, once youre at 10 transform, youll get 50 rubies as transform reward, just enough to purchase thr Starter Pack. As for other ways to get rubies, I prefer Medium & Slow dragon races with friends/villagemates, collecting unique mushrooms & trading them to Eusibius asap so that they appear again more quickly. gold membership will allow you much easier time at finding unique mushrooms too

Slinky_Wizard
1st September 2015, 04:14 AM
Outstanding work Divination :cool: and excellent presentation :D

I will definitely be trying this method at my next transformation, as I never have enough mana to start vaporizing the level 5 stumps all at once, even after getting the 400,000 mana valley trader bonus. And it will be nice to mix it up a little, add some spice to the mix.

Odd_Won_Out
1st September 2015, 12:39 PM
Level up your dragon to 25 as fast as you can after transforming. The higher your dragon level, the shorter the field vaporizing time, plus you get more fairies. You can get your dragon to 25 on the 8th dragon lair level, then let the starter package upgrade the lair that last level.
I've been using that Starter Pack strategy for a while now - it's excellent advice! And it's not terribly difficult to save up the 754k mana while you level up to 51, so you can immediately start all those level 5 spaces clearing, and get that Starter Pack!

Odd_Won_Out
1st September 2015, 12:54 PM
Also, be sure to plant at least one of your Miramitsu seeds right away, so you don't accidentally trade them all away to a Questie, and leave yourself with none! They are few and far between at the market!

Jause
2nd September 2015, 08:46 AM
For instance, I'm sitting at about ~300 masterful fertilizers and ~1000 unused lottery tickets, not including lots of mushrooms. I know others sit on these resources too. By spending them we can level very fast, but I doubt if that is the smartest way.

But also consider this: another game, from the same company, I was doing something like that - sitting on money, diamonds won from quests etc. thinking that some day I'll zoom through the charts using them into my advantage. Well, that "some day" came with a post that the game would be closing within so and so many weeks. I didn't think my strategy had really been the best.

I'm not going to be a crow of doom, just trying to point out that it may be wise to save a little bit for a bad day or such, but really just sitting on a pile of gold/resources etc doesn't really make you advance any quicker.

Divination
2nd September 2015, 10:58 AM
But also consider this: another game, from the same company, I was doing something like that - sitting on money, diamonds won from quests etc. thinking that some day I'll zoom through the charts using them into my advantage. Well, that "some day" came with a post that the game would be closing within so and so many weeks. I didn't think my strategy had really been the best.

I'm not going to be a crow of doom, just trying to point out that it may be wise to save a little bit for a bad day or such, but really just sitting on a pile of gold/resources etc doesn't really make you advance any quicker.
Good advice! Sucks to hear about that game closed down. We always like to think the game will be around forever, that we'll never lose interest & quit (also my main reason for starting this sharing thread. Anyone of us could lose interest in the game, so at least we can share our experiences with others before that day).

I havent planned on what to do with my mushrooms and fertilizers yet but it's probably a good idea to start. I only used them so far when I did Grower Achievements for the long plants for the Green Crystal Island bonus.

That's also something everyone should be striving for. The third level of Seal of Return gives 90% boost to bonus, and with the release of 5 new short plants, it's now easier than ever to collect 25 plants 5000x achievements.

Querida
2nd September 2015, 12:28 PM
When I read this thread I only find tipps to rush through the game faster and faster. That´s ok for you if you like that, but don´t you think it´s kind of misleading new players to let them think it´s THE goal for playing this game ? The faster people rush through the faster many of them will getting bored and quit playing. So the game probably faster will go the way of the other game you mentioned. Maybe also here it would be better to follow "The way is the goal" ?

Jause
2nd September 2015, 04:50 PM
Maybe also here it would be better to follow "The way is the goal" ?
True, true - and for new players, before 1st transformation most of the above is distant future and therefore very much theory.
I think the most difficult part for a new(ish) player are the levels 51 - 100, especially 70-80 seem to go so slow that many players seem to "disappear" for a while.

What I did was go for an achievement, x750 for 25 plants, it didn't go that much faster but I felt that I was achieving something everytime I got a plant finished.

Querida
2nd September 2015, 05:59 PM
I agree :-). Therefore I would find it more useful to assure the newer players, that in these levels when vaporizing is done they could enjoy the time, when gold and mana start to increase and they simply can - just play. I know, if a person is highly goal-oriented that will not count for them, lol. But others maybe can learn. And when someone tries to get a good value in miragic it simply is necessary to play slower. It never was meant in the game to rush through and after that stay in lab for weeks to collect the missing miragic. In a usual round you have the miragic of itself.

Personally I never was an achievement hunter, also they come of itself with time, but you are right, that´s a way to shorten the time :-D.

Serpent Goddess
3rd September 2015, 05:49 PM
Hmm, interesting post Divination. I must ask, do you purchase 'Extended Field" upon transform to provide you with those extra fields?
My whole thing is to transform within 24 hours of a weekly prize I dont care for much so I can reach lvl 50 in case I must have the next one and have access to the Lottery Booth. How long does it take you to reach lvl 50 with this strategy?

Slinky_Wizard
11th September 2015, 02:22 PM
I am currently employing Divination's strategy this time round, but I have already realized, that I have nothing to compare it to, I mean, I have no idea how long it took me to transform last round, but already get the feeling that if you are able to convert mana into gold every day ( 30 rubies ) , then perhaps this is not the route to go.,

I cannot afford to convert gold into rubies everyday, so I know getting to level 51 will be slower due to not having those 12 cleared obstacles to plant crops in daily vs instantly clearing level 1 obstacles once i start to clear those level 51 obstacles.

Is there any way to know how long previous transformations take? I know that with the Starter Package, I am able to reach level 50 while the package is still in effect. This much I can compare.

Still, I like the change, doing something different at this stage for me, certainly breaks the monotony.

SnoWhite
11th September 2015, 02:39 PM
This had been a very interesting read and has provided useful information in how to advance quickly towards transformation. However, I must say that the original topic of this post is a very good idea and maybe there could be 2 different topics as the transformation topic could take away from the many other tidbits and helpful ideas that were referred to in the first post. Most new miramagicians have much more to learn the first and even the second time through, and those of us who have been here for a few years may have quite a bit of knowledge to share.

Slinky_Wizard
12th September 2015, 06:10 AM
if you are able to convert mana into gold every day ( 30 rubies ) , then perhaps this is not the route to go.,

This should read " convert gold into mana everyday"

I also said convert gold into rubies, I meant convert gold into mana

(Late night glass of wine doing wonders )

Divination
18th September 2015, 08:07 PM
Hmm, interesting post Divination. I must ask, do you purchase 'Extended Field" upon transform to provide you with those extra fields?
My whole thing is to transform within 24 hours of a weekly prize I dont care for much so I can reach lvl 50 in case I must have the next one and have access to the Lottery Booth. How long does it take you to reach lvl 50 with this strategy?

I usually win most of my Slow Races, and I do them 24/7, so I have Expanded Field well to next year. You definitely will feel the blunt of skipping the initial fields without Expanded Field. Everyone's leveling pace is different, so I can't say how long it will take. But assuming Expanded Field, I'd say add on about 20% of your normal time to reach level 50. I should have prefaced it with this initial disadvantage of slower leveling, but it's also assumed since you're skipping 12 fields.

Before I got lots of Expanded Field, what I did was, I'd win a slow race when I'm around level 100 and click on the dragon to see what my reward is. If it's 10days expanded field, then I'd "save it" for when I'm about to transform (you can do this by refreshing the browser when you're at the reward screen. DO NOT CLICK "X", it will apply the reward anyway. You have to close the game/refresh). If it's not then I'd slow race again.. the 10d expanded field + 2d fairy will help tremendously at lower levels.

Remember the main benefit in the starters pack strategy is to save ~664k mana in vap, and in effect you will have an easier time clearing all of your fields. If mana isn't a concern and you can still clear all your stumps at level 51, then this strategy won't help much (except the faster clearing time which I hinted to in the post). It's hard to quantify, but I find that for me, the benefits and disadvantages balance out in the end.

When I read this thread I only find tipps to rush through the game faster and faster. That´s ok for you if you like that, but don´t you think it´s kind of misleading new players to let them think it´s THE goal for playing this game ?
Sorry for the thread appearing that way to you, but I can assure you that the goal of this thread, as I said in the OP, is to share unknown/uncommon tips from players that have been around, to other players that have been around the game. New players will eventually become comfortable with this game, and they will also find some of these tips useful.

You'll also notice that most posters that share tips are among the most motivated players, and they all have their own ways of playing the game. Like Slinky_Wizard said, sometimes mixing things up is not a bad thing at all. Might even help with the boredom and repetitiveness of the game. I havent actually mentioned how I play this game, but I can understand why it appears like I'm on the side that likes to level fast, fast, and faster :P I actually like to take my time to earn mana, gold, etc. for miramagic score as well. It just happens that some of the most useful tips are tips that help players get through the grind of leveling :)

Divination
18th September 2015, 08:47 PM
I am currently employing Divination's strategy this time round, but I have already realized, that I have nothing to compare it to, I mean, I have no idea how long it took me to transform last round, but already get the feeling that if you are able to convert mana into gold every day ( 30 rubies ) , then perhaps this is not the route to go.,

I cannot afford to convert gold into rubies everyday, so I know getting to level 51 will be slower due to not having those 12 cleared obstacles to plant crops in daily vs instantly clearing level 1 obstacles once i start to clear those level 51 obstacles.

Is there any way to know how long previous transformations take? I know that with the Starter Package, I am able to reach level 50 while the package is still in effect. This much I can compare.

Still, I like the change, doing something different at this stage for me, certainly breaks the monotony.

Didn't know people actually turn rubies into mana.. hehe. You said what I just posted basically. If you're not in need of mana at level 51, then this strategy won't be much helpful. I usually get lucky with 400k mana questie so don't need as much mana as others at level 51. Other more reliable ways of getting mana too, like planting premium/festive seeds from villagemates.

I didn't time this strategy when I did it, but it was about 2-3d longers for me. We all level differently though (even between transforms, I like to mix things up too) so I never reach certain level the same time each transform. Last transform took me 2.5 months for example, the one before that took me 1 month.

Glad you're trying it out, best way to learn of the pros/cons. Let us know your thoughts!

@SnoWhite, thanks for the support. I think transform topic or otherwise is a matter of perspective. For instance, my tip about spending 49 rubies to reduce mana cost in vaporizing. Less mana needed definitely would help someone that transform fast, but it also means you'll have extra mana to do other game stuffs, like upgrading dream world, clearing fogs, so that non-transform oriented players can still take advantage of the tip.

I think tips can have some aspect of both transform/non transform (just the nature of our game), as long as they're well articulated and helpful to someone. But transform specific tips aimed at first timers could go in the other thread for transform tips.

Some other topics we could talk more about is dragon races, competitions, portal/dream worlds (eg. choices for crystal islands bonus), questies, and plants (choice of plants, comparison, pros/cons,etc.)

Roxxie_Jean
21st September 2015, 10:13 PM
Thanks Div, Great work. I will try that as I am T'ing soon.

Another tip is to buy Fairy Essence in large quantities. I have lots of mana now, because I am at level 100. I also stock up on fairy essence, vials for the lab and dragon food which carry over for the lean times at low levels.

Roxxie_Jean
22nd September 2015, 02:23 PM
Ooops forgot that dragon food does not come with you after Transformation.

Slinky_Wizard
27th September 2015, 12:51 PM
Having gone from 0 to 100 using Divination's guide, i can say the following ( from a perspective of going as fast as I can without spending too many rubies )

I'll start with the negatives. Going from 0 - 51 was obviously a lot slower without those 12 extra level 1 cleared obstacles and the starter package. I would say it took me 2 -3 days extra to hit the level 51 mark. From memory, that was the only negative.

The positives. Once reaching level 51, you need enough mana to start to clear all the obstacles after hitting level 51, I was slightly short and had to use the mana trader to be able to start to clear all the obstacles, but once all the rakes were clearing the obstacles, I initiated the starter package. Bam, all my level 1 obstacles cleared. The biggest noticeable difference was that all the obstacles were cleared by the time I had reached level 73.

Without Divination's guide, by the time I had reached level 90, most often, I was still clearing obstacles, and in some cases by the time I had reached level 100, all my fields had not yet been fully cleared.

Did I get from 0-100 any faster? I cannot say, as I have no records of the time it took from previous transformations.

But I will say , that Divination's guide is like riding a huge roller coaster, just like a roller coaster, it's a slow ride to the top,
( getting to level 51 ) but once you reach the top, it's all downhill, and very fast. I will be using Divination's guide from now on, it seems like the positives far out way the negatives. Just make sure you got enough mana to be able to start to clear the obstacles once you reach level 51.

I believe this is the most efficient way if you want to go fast

BraveBeauty
21st January 2016, 02:58 AM
I have just tried it out... transformed 6 days ago, and it works!!! But one thing you forgot to mention is that we not only save LOTS of mana doing it this way, but we also save A LOT of time, as level 2 obstacles clear in the time it would take level 1 obstacles to clear, and so on. Thank you SO much for sharing!!

Illusions
5th May 2016, 09:46 PM
Couple tips to help your new transformation and make growing a little easier.

1. At the end of a transform you have plenty of mana to spend. Take the extra time to prep bronze and platinum statues from doing puzzles in the lab. To make it faster and easier to complete said puzzles, take mini pics of them as you solve them for quick easy lookup later. Pay attention to which ones are asked for a bunch of times in your valley. When you feel you've collected enough (although you can never have too many for those xp bonuses), filled up one more but don't claim your prize yet in case one comes up you didn't plan ahead for.

2. Transform at the end of a day before it turns over and make sure to NOT grab the wheel until after you transform so that you can use it twice in a close span of your new transform.

3. Have your village buddies & friends help give you tree donations in hopes of getting a bunch of mana and gold. Keep an eye on what you get and depending on how often you get flowers is how long you'll have to save up beforehand. Careful of the limits.

4. Take a look at your achievements you haven't yet to get, before you transform, get a bunch close to finishing for that added bonus. This of course is better for the lesser transforms as you work these off and slowly run out of those bonuses. Don't forget the genie bonuses with this!

5. Village slow dragon races for fun. This more relies on your village mates willingness to participate, but in my village we take turns on who wins and take our time doing slow races. And by taking our time, I mean we go one space at a time to get the max bonus out of the race as possible. Those not to win stop two from the end just in case we get the 1 up push ahead.

6. Keep your town tree well watered! The higher it gets, the more it'll help on so many levels.

7. Again, more time and prep before you transform... set-up a bunch of BO's to easily finish off with 1 or 2 cheap resources after you transform for a a nice boost in cash. Same goes with a bunch of the HR's and even the growth races... as many as you can muster up before you decide it's time to transform.

8. The magic lab doesn't come as mandatory to level up right away once you get a bunch of those bonus items won for it so focus on the more important ones first...
• Dragon liar - Get this & your dragon to max as fast as you can. It's cheap to buy each level and there's not so many to do. Use mushrooms stocked up to buy your food. I think it was 128 x 250 packs that got it to max, but I could be off. Buy in 50's x 250 until you get closer and can figure out the remainder.
• Mana circle - always be upgrading this till it's maxed. Gold can be acquired me easily, but mana is the life to growth AND higher mira points in the end.
• Warehouse - I have gold all the time so I tend to grow with and the circle at all times. But for those who don't, keep it at a decent size and grow as needed.

9. EVERYTIME you log on, check the valley! And if you been online for more then 30 minutes, check it again before you log off. There are offers that appear at various times and you don't want to miss the good ones. There's even a rare one that asks for 50 mana in exchange for 50 rubies! So take the time and keep an eye out. Also on an added note, what i tend to do in my village is post the good ones in the village chat when I find them to help my mates out.

10. If you're working on plants for an achievement and there's no BO or HR for it, sell them on market! That added cash is great and they're not going to help any sitting in your warehouse.

That's all I can think off atm but I hope it helps!
I'm Illusions of GreatStarbourne in Flux Valley, feel free to stop by and say hi anytime. I'm now on transform 22 on .com and I got to say that each new transformation gets easier as you go along. So don't fret for those more new and just getting started on how long things are taking, cause it will get easier and easier each time round.

~Illusions~

SoxAttax
11th February 2017, 04:35 PM
I've created a blog that I share with the members of my village, kind of to put into words how I achieve quick transformations without the use of cash. I've acquired, and invested, some rubies, which helps a lot, but my last transformation (number 12) took me 41 days. It is possible to transform quickly, without cash. It's highly unlikely to achieve 2 or 3 weeks without, but I'm determined to find the possibility.

bestellen
10th May 2017, 11:19 AM
I only used them so far when I did Grower Achievements for the long plants for the Green Crystal Island bonus.