PDA

View Full Version : Ruby mine

Elsje
29th July 2015, 10:08 AM
Let's say you hired a dwarf to dig rubies for you. It says you get 6 / 9 rubies, depending on the dwarf, every day. Does it mean you have to actually click to collect these rubies every day and if you don't then the rubies are lost? For example, if you activated your ruby mine and then didn't log in for a few day or just simply forgot to collect your daily rubies, what happens with them?

Rentara
29th July 2015, 10:34 AM
In the changelog, it talks about luck and lorries. It sounds very much like rubies must be actively collected by the player.

What does 'luck' mean?
Each dwarf radiates luck, which gives you a chance for extra rubies at collecting your ruby earnings. How many extra rubies you may gain depends on the dwarf you hired. Sugar beet juice increases this luck; the jackalope may give it to you every now and then.

Which dwarf to choose?
The comfy way..
Karl has a shorter term and ensures you a decent profit, but it can't be improved much because he doesn't radiate much luck.
The ambitious way ...
Ina has a longer duration and also ensures you a significant profit which can be improved quite a lot by her impressive luck.

When are rubies produced?
Always at midnight, if you have hired a Dwarf. So for example, if you hire a dwarf today, you will have to wait until midnight.

Can I change my mind?
Of course it is possible to upgrade from Karl to Ina. Her fee changes, depending on how long Ina has already been working for you.

Tip!
It pays to empty the lorry daily so you can benefit from your luck and increase your profits. You can watch videos to improve your chance of acquiring beet juice which increases your luck at the mine.

Rentara
29th July 2015, 11:32 AM
So I hired a dwarf and have also done some more reading in-game and re-read the forum, and I think that you don't have to collect daily in order to earn your rubies, but it behooves you to collect daily for the benefits of "luck." This may just be one of those things that we'll have to wait and see, so I'll remember to check in again.

Elsje
29th July 2015, 11:12 PM
It was my first thought that the 'regular' 6-9 rubies don't have to be collected daily, only the additional have to, but waited for 'official' confirmation. I guess nobody would like to risk their daily rubies just to check and make sure...

Rentara
30th July 2015, 05:02 AM
Today's haul was 9 rubies. If I get a day when I don't have luck rubies, I'll try to remember not to grab them, which should be more or less easy since it's not in my daily mira routine yet... she says questioningly...

Aliya Silver
31st July 2015, 06:11 AM
Hello all,

you interpreted it mostly right.

1) You don't need to collect them every day, so if you miss a day being logged in to Mira altogether, you can collect your 12/18 rubies the day after.

2) Luck is a chance with a certain percentage to get a number of extra rubies AFTER having collected the regular rubies. So if you miss a day collecting the regular rubies, you also miss the chance for regular rubies at that day and this chance doesn't add up. So there may have been a day of luck and you missed out on it.

3) You can't see in advance whether it is a lucky day or not. Luck springs into action after the regular rubies have been collected.

I hope this helps :)
Have a nice day,
Aliya

Slinky_Wizard
31st July 2015, 06:59 AM
Does luck have anything to do with collecting sugar beet juice from the jackalope? For example, if the Jackalope never gives me sugar beet juice, and I have Ina working in the mines, will there still be a 28% of extra rubies on collecting?

Rentara
31st July 2015, 07:07 AM
Thanks, Aliya. Good to know I was on the right track, at least.