PDA

View Full Version : Feedback and discussion about the 28th july update

Aliya Silver
28th July 2015, 12:45 PM
Hello Miramagicians,

the latest update has been run successfully - and WHAT an update it is!

New thrilling competitions, new plants, a ruby mine in your dreamworld and even a mysterious portal realm that is yet to come...

Share your thoughts, your first impressions, your experiences with the new features!
If you have suggestions, wishes, ideas, please post them in the matching forum section so they won't get lost. :)

We're looking forward to your feedback,
your Miramagia.com Team

Please remember: if you're experiencing problems, like the game freezing at opening the competition menu, clear your flash cache. It has been an extensive update and the old data stored in there most likely interferes with the new relevant data.

How to clear flash cache: *click me* (http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?t=2546&p=16790#post16790)

Jause
28th July 2015, 01:01 PM
The new plants (should) work fine for me as I'm trying to complete x 5000 grower to get the next seal bonus in dream world - planting "short" plants instead of "long" ones (and having to use plenty of fertilizers) is a dream come through.

Don't like the location of ruby mine entrance/island - and opened a thread in suggestions, ideas section in case somebody else feels the same.

Other than that it's still a bit early to say, except as long as the developers have new ideas and they bring them to life I'm happy - means that the game's still going strong.

Grendaline_Guy
28th July 2015, 04:36 PM
I dislike saying this, but the current update is quite a serious mis-step and has me considering leaving the game.

The redesign of the competition menu is just awful. It's garish, unintuitive, and far too busy. The fact that you get prompted to invite others with every single donation to a B.O. or Harvest Race, even when you are finishnig a B.O., is just bad design. Get rid of this tedious clicking, please.

Before the change it was easy to see your status for any B.O. or Harvest Races. Now, you have to click through an additional level of screen to get there, which is slow, and displays things that were previously displayed just fine where they were. The little graphic with who is in first, second, etc and allows you to travel to a competing village is wasted on me. With B.O. and Harvest Races, seeing what someone is growing has nothing to do with what they may contribute.

You've taken a system that efficiently did what it needed to do, added a layer that isn't needed, and annoyed the heck out of people by making them click through a dialog that isn't necessary to participate in that part of the game.

Jenimi
28th July 2015, 05:33 PM
So far so not good.

To start with I literally just caved and spent the majority of my rubies on items and have no where near the required number to begin the dwarf hiring. That a side though, I cant imagine too many new players are happy being left out of a new aspect of the game. I think it would have been more advantageous to have the dwarves ratios go up in stages the more you hire them the more rubies it costs to hire them again but then the more rubies it costs the higher the profit at the end. Starting out at a cost of 500 rubies, frankly, isn't just a little nuts, its a whole can of them.

Second, the competitions are over whelming confusing. My room mate just about had a nervous break down when she saw it this morning and I additionally have found the little ribbons hard to read. I totally agree with Grendaline_Guy as well. I just think, to be fair, its a little too early to say if the comps are "working" but its really not looking good so far.

Thirdly, the new plants are very interesting, hopefully I can grow some soon (currently growing a long distance plant.) I think they are a great addition to the line up and provide more achievements to attain.

Lastly, the portal thingy is amazingly frustrating. I know that "there is more to come" but currently its annoying.

Sorry if reading this is a bit of a downer on the new update but I just don't think this update "worked" very well.

Grendaline_Guy
28th July 2015, 05:46 PM
Another thought...with even more emphasis being put on rubies, and in huge amounts, with mining, I wonder if it's time to consider a new model for folks at Miramagia getting paid (which I fully support!). I would consider paying a small monthly subscription fee to get rid of the whole ruby thing entirely. Without rubies you miss game content. I'd rather pay a small monthly fee and have all game content open (and for items, be able to purchase with gold/mana). Keep the ruby setup as is for people who don't become members.

Jause
28th July 2015, 06:01 PM
Before the change it was easy to see your status for any B.O. or Harvest Races. Now, you have to click through an additional level of screen to get there, which is slow, and displays things that were previously displayed just fine where they were.
If you pick one race you're taking part in it displays its situation, then you can use the big arrows on the sides of competition screen to "scroll" through the rest of them without returning to main screen. Same thing of course with comps you are not yet taking part in - pick one then use the arrows. From your post I wasn't sure if you had noticed this.
I agree with the extra take part/invite window being bothersome.

As for the extra portal screen when entering the dream world, I'm not quite sure but I think it disappears after you've used it a couple of times (noticed it in another server, won't bother to log back in just to make sure).

Leithwyn
28th July 2015, 11:18 PM
I agree with Grendaline-Guy. Hate the new competition menu, way too busy and feels like I need sunglasses just to look at it. And that's before you even start to try and work out how everything works now.
You've taken what was clear and simple and made it into a garish cartoon with too many actions needed to get to where I want to go.

Don't like the ruby mine idea and will not even try to use it with the amount of rubies needed to even start.

RainyRain
29th July 2015, 05:27 AM
I too think that the competition board has been terribly redone. I find it very difficult to read and follow. It is not very user friendly and is a step backwards in my opinion. I liked how before I was able to view all our village orders on one side and the plants it needed on the other. Now there is just more tedious clicking to go back and forth. I also agree that it is a nuisance to notify me to tell my fellow villagers to put into a order every time I donate plants. The new layout also makes everything smaller and harder to see.

The new plants are fun, but what a missed opportunity! Those could have easily been added as a wonderful award when the World Tree levels.

The dwarf ruby mines feel like a cheap gimmick to spend more rubies on the game. There's plenty of ways to get people to spend - the more recent promotion I'm thinking of is KaChing's special deal if you buy so many rubies, you get gold membership (or something to that effect)

Anyway, overall... I really hope that the competition board gets an overall, because it has become horrible to use.

Slinky_Wizard
29th July 2015, 06:28 AM
I agree with the negative comments about the competition page, although once I get used to the change, I'm sure it will get easier to navigate through. As they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Would have been nice to have some plants that take a bit longer to grow, all 4 plants have similar growing times to other plants we already have

Odd_Won_Out
30th July 2015, 04:12 PM
I would have appreciated some lower levels for the ruby mine. It takes a long time to save up that many rubies if you can't afford to buy them.
There always was a "Trade Successful" window that popped up after any donation to a competition. Now it has 2 buttons you can click - Invite or OK, instead of just 1 button, so I don't see what the problem is with that. If you don't want to invite people, just click the OK button like you've always done.
I like being able to click on one competition, then be able to click the arrow to go to the next one, without having to go back to the main screen. That's a nice addition. The main screen does seem rather busy, now. I do like some of the additional information displayed, such as the countdown timer for Harvest Competitions. Now we know, to the second, when the competition will end.
Also, thanks for new plants.

Aliya Silver
31st July 2015, 07:09 AM
The new plants are fun, but what a missed opportunity! Those could have easily been added as a wonderful award when the World Tree levels.

Hello RainyRain,

a bit of background information on this:
Some extra motivation for people so they decide to transform is always a good idea :)

And there already is a new plant that is connected to the World Tree - at level 13.

When it was introduced quite a while ago, people mostly complained about it being extremely frustrating to know there will be new plants at some day and to even see the achievements in the profile but simply not being able to work on them due to the World Tree on their server being too small.

The additional things that get unlocked with the world tree need to be implemented beforehand, and up to level 14 this has already been done and reached on one server (new things must even have been implemented up to at least lvl 15, because the preview there is active and has some beautiful items in it). We'd have had to wait at least for World Tree level 16 to get plants if there were to come more WT-bound ones - which might take ages on com due to the small population. (World Tree on com is now lvl 10).

So, long story short, it seems they thought it would be better to give all players the chance to take part in the new competitions with the variety of all plants possible than to have some servers wait a couple of years until they get there.

Cheers,
Aliya

Elsje
1st August 2015, 10:46 PM
The Ruby mine was a good idea, unfortunately it gives best bonus to those who already have a lot, like always in business, but still, as a non ruby buyer I find it good to have an opportunity to slowly build up the rubies amount. I probably missed the information though whether the juice can be won from Jackalope only when we've activated the ruby mine or we can win it earlier and then later use it when our mine starts to function.

Aliya Silver
1st August 2015, 11:49 PM
Good point, Elsje :)

Searching Prof. Mira's library brought up the information that sugar beet juice can only be won if a player has hired a dwarf before.

Just like dragon food can't be won any more once the dragon has been maxed out, the sugar beet juice also can't be won if it can't be used.

Have a fine sunday,
Aliya

Elsje
2nd August 2015, 03:45 AM
Ah, good to know I wasn't just simply unlucky. Thanks Aliya.

Dervish1
14th August 2015, 12:50 AM
One thing that seems to be missing from the new competition interface - big orders expire if you don't contribute regularly to them (I think the limit is 30 days). However, there doesn't seem to be any way to figure out how long until the expiration date? I'm told there used to be a tooltip that showed this information, but I don't see it.

As for the busy-ness of the new competition dialog, I'm not much bothered by that. There's a lot of information that is being conveyed in a small window - it's a change, which is annoying, but I think I'll get used to it. So long as the information I want is still there!

I should add that I tried one growing race and will probably never try them again. The level of competition is ridiculous; if you're not willing to spend a large number of fertilizers and sit in front of the computer for the entire duration of the comp, it's not worth playing for me. At least you seem to keep the plants.

Jause
14th August 2015, 05:07 AM
The competition page, harvest races tab, is hard to read if you are interested in "100 wins max" competitions. Whatever that "open for all" symbol (like a figure eight that's taken a fall :p ) is called in english you have to look really hard to spot the "100 wins" competitions amongst them.

RubyBramble
14th August 2015, 07:15 AM
The "lying eight" is the mathematical infinity sign - stays for endless, unlimited ....

I play 4 fun
14th August 2015, 05:25 PM
Sorry guys... (off topic) In American schools the infinity "symbol" is called "A lazy eight".

Aliya Silver
14th August 2015, 07:46 PM
One thing that seems to be missing from the new competition interface - big orders expire if you don't contribute regularly to them (I think the limit is 30 days). However, there doesn't seem to be any way to figure out how long until the expiration date? I'm told there used to be a tooltip that showed this information, but I don't see it.

There are several separate tooltips now - try a mouseover at the competition ID and you'll get it.

juan1234
29th August 2015, 10:48 AM
Hello all people, glad to write here.

About Harvest Competitions:
Before the update, there was a place where to read the "reset day" (not sure if it is the exact word to describe it) of the amount of "minus 100" won competition per year.
(I remember that the "reset day" was Sept 14th in the village I was before the actual...)

I didn't find where this info is located now...

Many thanks in advance for any help, and best regards to all (and sorry for the poor English).
juan

Aliya Silver
29th August 2015, 02:50 PM
Hello juan1234,

the tooltip of the competitions has been divided into a number of smaller tooltips.
You'll get that information if you have a look at the tooltip of the ID of the competition - not at plants or prize.

http://www.youscreen.de/ancerbtj14.jpg

Have fun,
Aliya

juan1234
29th August 2015, 03:25 PM
Hi Aliya, many thanks for the response.

But I was reffering to the Harvest Competitions...
My actual village is NewKinness, in Aries Valley.
The distinction tree says (in a tooltip) that the village had won 54 competitions in the last 365 days.

My question is: where to find the "reset day" of this counter?
Before the update, I've seen it, but didn't find after the update. Or am I confused?

Best regards, and thanks again!

Aliya Silver
29th August 2015, 05:09 PM
Ah, now I know what you mean :)

Every competition won is in that pool for exactly a year, so if you son 3 competions at 15th September last year, your count will go down by 3 at 15th September and so on.
There is no overall reset day. The date you remember from earlier was just there because last year this counter was implemented so it mentioned the start of the time when the wins started to count.

Hope that helps,
Aliya

juan1234
29th August 2015, 05:36 PM
Ahhhh, it's clear to me now, many thanks again Aliya!!
And good game!