PDA

View Full Version : [WORKING ON]Yet another Growth Boost Video issue to report - videos doubling

Jenimi
1st July 2015, 08:18 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone else is getting the same issue; When I select to play the Jackalope video I end up having to watch 2 videos and they only count as 1 viewing... so its 2 ads back to back then I get to watch my bonus video = 3 ads total. I have cleared cache and cookies, I have even tried to cancel video and play again but it seems to keep happening intermittently. The extra video is a new ad that I haven't seen before, if that helps. I'm not sure if this is a new thing to help make money for the game or a technical bug so I wanted to post here before I terrorize the poor over worked technical support staff.

Thanks folks!

Eleanor Rigby
3rd July 2015, 03:08 PM
I am having this issue some of the time, yes. The first video will always be a newer ad, followed by one of the familiar few videos I used to see before this past week. I only seem to get credit after I've seen one of the older videos.

A related issue is that I wait a long time for a video to start, then watch a video all the way through only to have it stop at the end and not "complete", so I do not get any credit at all and have to click the X to close the video window (without credit). I retry and the same thing happens. This morning, I watched*4* videos before one of the "old favorites" showed up and gave me credit.

Jenimi
4th July 2015, 07:20 AM
haha, not, yeah that just happened to me; ended up watching 4 videos instead of the regular 2.
40secconds worth of ads is one thing, 2mins is annoying. I'm hoping that this is a bug and not the new procedure.

Twinkletoe
8th July 2015, 03:53 PM
Recently, I have frequently clicked on the Jackalope and actually had to watch two ads in a row before getting the time reduction or prize. The first ad shows a timer at the top, the same as if you started a youtube video and had to watch an ad first. Only here, you just have another ad right after. I like the Jackalope and don't mind watching one ad for the time reduction and one for the prize, but two? That is overkill. Please don't start stacking the ads together and make us watch even more of them!!!

GoldDigger
8th July 2015, 08:58 PM
well, I think your having a point but its how the ads are now implemented, the ads are done by a third party provider so the dev dept. can't do anything, but tnx you for your input on the isue. They can make it better this way.

Twinkletoe
8th July 2015, 11:31 PM
Wow, that's too bad. I wonder how many ads they are going to string together? Hopefully two is the maximum!

SabriiRose
9th July 2015, 04:09 AM
I'm hoping it's just a bug they can fix. I'm almost positive they wouldn't do that to us on purpose. (Key word: Almost)
:)
I can't tell you how many times I've had to "reinstall my flash player" because the ad wouldn't load and displays a big white exclamation. I would shoot for a bug that can be resolved quickly!

~SabriiRose

Jenimi
10th July 2015, 08:29 AM
I asked about this a week or so ago and have yet to hear from anyone official about what its about. So far I have watched as many as 5; 3 ads back to back then for a "bonus" prize 2 ads.

edit by Aliya: Removed the link because the threads have been merged.

Aliya Silver
10th July 2015, 10:11 PM
Hello Miramagicians,

please check carefully the screen after a jackalope video - does it look like this (with english language, of course...)?

http://www.youscreen.de/janvzknv92.jpg

If yes, then you're not thwarted at all but you're extremely lucky ;) because you got a jackalope prize for the first video AND got a chance for another one with another prize. Maybe this can even happen several times.

At the top left in that blue speech bubble there is mentioned the prize you just got for the first jackalope vid (here it's a pot of pink dye) - and to the right you're informed that there is another video available and you may activate it with the play button.

Best regards,
Aliya

Twinkletoe
11th July 2015, 12:51 AM
Aliya, we aren't talking about having the opportunity to watch several in a row. That's fine! What we are talking about, at least I was, is when I click on the Jackalope, then get the black screen until the ad finally starts, then at the end of the ad, before it goes and gives me my time shortened or prize, I have to watch another video. It's back to back with no pause at all. Then, after that, I get the screen you showed above, and get to watch another ad for my jackalope prize.

Brighteyes18
11th July 2015, 01:48 AM
Aliya, just the last few days we are starting to get a product/commercial ad (here in Canada I have seen a car ad, and a few others) which are immediately followed by the usual game promo videos by Travian. I think where the complaint is from everyone is that the product commercial does not give way to the screen you posted above to be followed by a second video of some kind. There is NO jackalope prize/time reduction for the first video - only one prize is awarded for watching the TWO videos. The question is: is this commercial inserted by Travian as way to help pay for the game? Is it intentional? or is it a Glitch? These product commercials are causing significant lag times in the game depending on internet speed and sometimes can "hang" with a black circle for a minute or more, and will sometimes crash.

Any insight into the purpose/intent behind the double ads would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Aliya Silver
11th July 2015, 07:56 AM
Ah, ok - that explains why I can't reproduce what you describe. There are different ads for different countries/regions.

Please, if it is a specific kind of ad that won't work at all, contact support with details about which it is (what company and what product).

Have a nice weekend, everyone,
Aliya

Jenimi
12th July 2015, 08:30 AM
Ok..... yes what Twinkletoe and Brighteyes18 have written is correct. Thank you a bunch you two, you're responses made a lot more sense then what I was writing >.<

k, so Aliya I will contact support about the ads I've seen and let the rest of my contacts know as well. Cheers!

Nuthatch
17th July 2015, 01:37 AM
I have not been able to load Jackalope videos for 3 days...blue screen with Jack "loading" only. Had been relatively good before this.
Have severe play lag.
Windows 8.1..64 bit OS and processor
Google Chrome
I have cleaned and cleared all cache..history..old prefetch data...free space...cleared Flash ... Defragment
Did clean reinstall of Google Chrome
Comcast internet download speed 53.89 Mbps..upload speed 6.23

also tried Internet Explorer
also tried 2 other computers

Nuthatch
18th July 2015, 05:23 PM
Video problem is resolved.
After cleaning and reinstalling Chrome.....I caused my own problem.....AdBlocker was reset to original settings which blocked video from this site....disabled AdBlocker and video runs properly.

Twinkletoe
20th July 2015, 10:27 PM
As an added note to my post above, as Jemini said at the top, we watch two ads but only get credit for one.

Aliya Silver
23rd July 2015, 09:31 PM
Thank you again :)

Our CM is in contact with the technical team and passes on every information about the issue.

I'm afraid Dietrich might be bald soon - when we saw him last time there have already been some patches - he's really pulling his hair over these video problems.
Still it seems to come down to the same thing very often: third-party advertisers whose ads somehow don't match the requirements for the feature to really run smoothly.

If it is a certain ad that tends to multiply - did you try stopping it? Or would that result in losing the jackalope prize?

Good luck and best regards,
Aliya

Brighteyes18
24th July 2015, 03:31 PM
Aliya,

I think the real question is "are we supposed to watch ONE third-party advertisement (ford/etc) AND one of the advertisements for a Travian Game (Soccer/Train/etc).

If we are supposed to be seeing 2 ads back to back for one growth burst/jackalope prize then there is no real glitch - we just need to be told that.

If we are only supposed to be seeing 1 ad per growth boost or jackalope prize then there is a definite glitch that runs the 3rd party ads prior to the usual Travian Game ads which we have been watching for over a year now. For those of us commenting it is about the "double ad" that is the concern, our videos play well.

To answer your question if you close the video you don't get the "reward" from the Jackalope.

Aliya Silver
25th July 2015, 10:39 AM
Hello Brighteyes18,

no, you're not supposed to have to watch a number of videos to get ONE bonus no matter which video.

It should be one video for each bonus - growth boost with one video and jackalope prize (whenever you get the chance) with one video.

Definitely the third party videos cause the most trouble. Of course TravianGames would know what specifications to meet with their ads presented in their various own games, so they really should work fine :D and usually they do.
The real problem is, as far as we understand it, that our tech wizards at TG and BF don't really have a way of fixing the problems with the third party ads for good - because they are third party and there are a great number of partners all over the world, and even more different ads...

Let's hope they come up with something soon that helps to prevent problems from the other end of the line.

Best regards,
Aliya

Brighteyes18
25th July 2015, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the Information Aliya. Should we each be sending a message to support about this issue? Or is the information in this thread now sufficient for them? For me it is a different third party ad everytime now.

Thanks for working so hard on our behalf!!

Aliya Silver
26th July 2015, 09:17 AM
Should we each be sending a message to support about this issue? Or is the information in this thread now sufficient for them? For me it is a different third party ad everytime now.

It's difficult to generalize.

Regarding the big picture it would be best to post here in forum as a first step, so we have an easy overview of the sorts of problems and of how many players are affected.
If there is something special that we think should be sent to support, we're going to ask you to send a ticket :)

Have a nice Sunday,
Aliya

E.T.
27th July 2015, 05:20 AM
I am unable to see the Growth boost or Jackalope prize videos. I get the following error message:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I don't know if this belongs here or in a new thread.

SqkyC
4th August 2015, 09:55 PM
@E.T. I think that is a different issue - I get that when something is hogging the bandwidth (usually another computer downloading/uploading something) or when the server is having maintenance.

I've just had the issue of the third party video, like the others have said I tried watching it several times and it never completed. Added to this is I use flashblock addon (it simply allows click to play) and I had to manually remove two invisible objects overlaying the flash before I could even click it!

It might be worth checking that ALL third party videos are simply FLASH (not html5 or anything else) before they are allowed into the stream. Layers of ads seem to interfere with completion..

Aliya Silver
18th October 2015, 02:40 PM
Hello Miramagicians,

please from now on report all video problems in *this thread* (http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?t=6957).

Thank you very much,
your Miramagia.com team