PDA

View Full Version : [WORKING ON]Jakalope video

mama dolmio
20th June 2015, 09:59 AM
Hi, not sure if it is connected to the video for the miramagia competition but since that began the videos have become intermittent in working...I am able to watch the first video - usually the growth one and then on clicking to watch the 2nd video I get a black fuzzy page with an error message - 'an error has occurred please try again later'
I have cleared the cache, I've even changed browser - explorer and Firefox both give me the same issue on the 2nd video to be played. :( :(

Leithwyn
20th June 2015, 12:13 PM
Having exactly the same problem with all videos since 4am this morning. Can't get the growth video to work and the Jackalope is dependant on that so have had no access to either all day. :(

kettricken
21st June 2015, 04:22 PM
I am having the same problem, usually it is the growth one, if that is the first one of the day with an error message, I don't get access to any of the others during the day, it's so frustrating. I clear my cache and cookies everynight before I shut my pc down, I even do a disc clean every night. Still get the error message, if you click on that it takes you to a youtube fix page.

Aliya Silver
21st June 2015, 07:55 PM
Hello all,

we're really sorry about the persistant problems with the videos.

Good to know that you care for your computers and keep them clean - that's always a good idea, though the video problems don't seem to be connected to cache or cookies.
The only thing we can tell you is - the techies are really busy searching for the reasons!
Obviously this is very difficult as there are no patterns that might help them get an idea - players affected are from all over the world, they use all kinds of browsers (though maybe firefox has the most problems), and on top of that they even have very different problems (not loading at all, white screen, video stopping suddenly, video having been played until the end but no prize having been awarded...)

So we can fully understand how annoying this situation is for all of you who are affected - and all we can do is to assure you that the problem has a high priority and to ask you for your patience and understanding.

Of course our CM will inform you as soon as there are any news about a solution.

Kind regards,
your Miramagia.com team

Twinkletoe
26th June 2015, 06:03 PM
I don't know if you still want bug reports on the jackaplope, but recently and more often today, the ad will load but the screen is black. Sometimes there is sound, other times there is nothing at all and I have to finally close the window. When I do, sometimes I can see I get things from it, and sometimes nothing happens. I do not get any error message at all.

dragonholt
26th June 2015, 08:07 PM
If you do get an error message, or even if you don't - Dietrich would like some screenshots so he can see what you are seeing. Please send the links to support who will forward them for you

Dwit
27th September 2015, 08:14 PM
This is an older thread but since I seem to have the same problem...

I've noticed it happening in the last few days at least: most times, when it's time for the growth boost video, I click to watch and I get the message that videos have run out and to try again later (or something along those lines, can't remember the exact wording). When I try immediately after that, I usually get the growth boost video, no problem. Or sometimes I have to try two or three more times to finally get it.

But then, in the second video for the jackalope prize, the ad often plays to the end but gives no prize, and that's really disappointing. :(

So I guess this bug hasn't been resolved yet?

Jause
28th September 2015, 04:25 AM
...most times, when it's time for the growth boost video...click to watch and I get the message that videos have run out and to try again later .... When I try immediately after that, I usually get the growth boost video, no problem. Or sometimes I have to try two or three more times to finally get it.
But then, in the second video for the jackalope prize, the ad often plays to the end but gives no prize, and that's really disappointing. :(
So I guess this bug hasn't been resolved yet?

Same here, and it started just last week - before that haven't had any problems for a long time. Haven't noticed it being any particular video, it's always the second video that runs ok but gives no prize . And i've left the "video loading" message (that may sometimes come when the prize window is opening) running for 15 mins.

Cazzers
30th September 2015, 06:07 PM
Hello, Miramagicians!

Dietrich, our video scientist and frizzy-haired wizard, has requested your assistance with the latest video problem. This is the one where it says videos are unavailable. Could you provide some information for him to help determine the exact nature of the problem, please?:

If you have been affected, please provide information on the following:

Which web browser do you use? (Firefox, Chrome, Opera etc)
Which operating system are you using? (Windows 8, Apple iOS Snow Leopard etc)
Which country are playing from?
Do you use a proxy? (This could happen without your knowledge when playing from behind a company's or school's firewall etc.)
Is an AD-Blocker being used or any other software that blocks advertisements? (Ad-Block Plus etc)
What internet provider are you using?
Do you know the speed of the internet you are using? You can check the download speed here: http://www.speedtest.net/
Have you made sure you have the latest version of Flash Player installed? You can check this here: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

If you can help us with this problem then please either send the answers to these questions to the support team by using the in-game mail system, or by contacting us at support@miramagia.com from the email you use to log in with.

The team would like to thank you in advance for your valuable co-operation. We are all important in our magical Miramagia workd, and all of your replies will help us to get this problem fixed as soon as possible!

Twinkletoe
5th October 2015, 05:51 AM
I have had the unavailable video message many times in the last week or so. I sue Chrome, Win8, USA, no proxy, no Ad-Blocker, AT&T, 50.83, and I have the latest Flash.

Twinkletoe
5th October 2015, 05:53 AM
Just today, I watched the Jackalope video and won the time off my plant growth. But when I clicked out of the message, the Jackalope was still there. I watched it again and got the same time message. I did this quite a few times in a row, always the same. On top of that, there was never any change in my time before harvest clock, even after the first video. Something is very wrong.

Aliya Silver
10th October 2015, 11:23 PM
Hello Twinkletoe,

thank you for your information and for reporting this new issue.
I really hope Dietrich will be able to find out some patterns/connections with the data of the various players.

Best regards,
Aliya

Twinkletoe
11th October 2015, 10:26 PM
I am now having another problem. I have not been able to load a single Jackalope in 3 days. It just says loading, but never does. I clear caches, etc. Nothing helps.

Aliya Silver
18th October 2015, 02:40 PM
Hello Miramagicians,

please from now on report all video problems in *this thread* (http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?t=6957).

Thank you very much,
your Miramagia.com team