PDA

View Full Version : How to get 3 Lightening attacks in a fast race – with a lot of help from your friends

annoraderenart
25th May 2015, 06:16 PM
How to get 3 Lightening attacks in a fast race – with a lot of help from your friends and valley.

Everyone starts on the same spot, green1. The volunteer target dragons fly to green2. The attacking dragon flies to green3. It helps if one player coordinates on the valley chat feed. The coordinator tells the targets to set a flight of 3 hops and asks for a ready reply. The coordinator asks the attacking dragon if they are on green3. When all the targets and attacker are ready, coordinator says FLY and the targets take off. The coordinator tells the attacker to ZAP. Attacker should quickly use the race refresh and attack GREEN2 with the lightening spell.

The game will advise the attacker of the total number of successful strikes. If 3 was posted, all is done. Attacker needs to update the group.

If not, targets will need to regroup on yellow1 and the attacker on yellow2. Repeat: Targets need to ready a hop of 3 flights and announce ready. Attacker needs to go to yellow2 and announce ready. Coordinator confirms and checks on stragglers. When all is ready, coordinator announces FLY and the targets go. Attacker quickly refreshes and ZAPS yellow1. Attacker announces how many were struck.

Occasionally, the process needs to be repeated on red1 and blue1, but not often.

Tips:

7 in the race is great if all are targets. The more the merrier. We have accomplished this with 2 targets and 1 attacker.
Coordinator is necessary
Much easier if all are in the same valley. We could really use a race chat only area to unite all the players.
Attacker should have at least 4 lightening spells, one for each color zone if necessary.
The Starting circle is designated as Green1.
Credit for this system goes to all the players in the Valley of Magic.
The dragons are a tough breed and they can take the lightening zaps with little problem. Mine gets a bit grumpy when the alarms are used – who wants to wake up too early from a nap?

Odd_Won_Out
25th May 2015, 06:33 PM
Thanks for sharing this!

annoraderenart
4th June 2015, 07:17 PM
Hope it helps you.

octopia
5th June 2015, 04:36 PM
Great post, thank you. We've had a lot of fun with this plan!

I play 4 fun
7th June 2015, 01:10 AM
I haven't used the spells in quite awhile. But, I'm pretty sure you can use the same spell in different zones in the same race with just 2 people. Then you won't need the complication of a group to complete the achievement. You will still need to have communication with the other player so you don't miss your target and waste any.

annoraderenart
10th June 2015, 05:46 PM
There is no excess communication in this plan. If you consider that 3 hops in a short race takes 10 to 25 seconds, you must be precise. Having 5 targets increases your odds over 1 target significantly. It amazing that we can do this over continents and oceans.