PDA

View Full Version : Discussion thread: Miro's dream - can you help us make it come true?

Aliya Silver
23rd May 2015, 12:29 AM
Hello Miramagicians!

What a truly wonderful dream Miro had after his long and hard day.
Can you see it in your mind, too?

Surely you can think of lots of details, functions, wishes for that new place - please let us know!
Imagination may turn into reality after all ;) if we try hard enough.

Just let your creativity flow and create a most magical place!

Looking forward to your ideas,
your Miramagia.com team

...if you haven't seen the announcement yet: -click me- (http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?t=5881)

Dervish1
23rd May 2015, 12:59 AM
I'm sorry, my reaction's not all that positive. Adding new features isn't a priority when the existing ones don't work well for me. About every third time, my wife can't log in, she can't use the scroll wheel, daily game play has grown very more muddled, and more game features seem like more work for a game that's supposed to be casual - and is increasingly getting to be more work to play. If the game has crashed, or updated, page load times get to be pretty nasty - staring at a blank screen and wondering if it will come up is not my favorite mini game.

As I said, the above isn't very positive. I *do* enjoy playing Miramagia, but I also like being able to keep up with everybody while spending less than half an hour a day on the game. I suppose I'm a bit weird: many of the social aspects of Miramagia aren't fun for me: I avoid entering the town because I don't want to be pranked. I groan when I get a new costume. When villagers redecorate, I mostly want to just hide their new vistas because it makes finding mushrooms harder. On the other hand, I'm willing to spend rubies to be able to have the little helpers active, and I like being able to just grab all the mushrooms available with a single click. Can I earn more of those?

Naysa
23rd May 2015, 01:51 AM
I think it is a great idea. Yes we have some issues with mira but I used to play travian and I miss the community activities and this sounds pretty close to it. I am for trying it

Shyrie
23rd May 2015, 02:07 AM
I do not like teleporting, as I always seem to get stuck in the portal; I would like to be able to 'travel' the valley map, with places to visit along the way, instead of just scrolling through it; I would also like to be able to visit the islands at the end of the map and near the WT; I find the questies disappointing; I would prefer to be given a 'quest' adventure to locate or achieve something for some reward, as opposed to just trading. I would also like to have horses, dragons, phoenix's and such that we could ride/fly on as we travel and companion pets to raise, play with, teach tricks, that could also travel with us. As for what types of 'new' places to have...I would like to see gathering places where could meet and hang out...like a beach, where we could swim and hunt sunken treasures (together or individually); a lake where we could fish; a mountain camp or lodge where we could play in the snow or go camping, a place where we could create dishes from the different resources in Mira; etc. I have a lot of ideas but, I could go on forever, so I will just leave it at these for now. Thank you for asking :)

nuttynanny
23rd May 2015, 02:20 AM
Since the town is where you can get pranked, make this place a little more friendly, no pranking...maybe limit how many decorations so it won't get overloaded by just one person...and maybe on a level such as level 20 and above...other than that I think it would be a wonderful place to meet and just socialize...

FragmentFour
23rd May 2015, 02:42 AM
I'm SO in favor of this new format - and I'd like it to have a "local" chat for everyone in the area without any ties to what valley or village they originated in. I, too, would like to be able to reach the islands around the World Tree. It will take some cogitation for me to come up with something more concrete, but I'll get back to you on this!

SoxAttax
23rd May 2015, 02:44 AM
I'm imagining a new sector in my village, perhaps a village/community farmyard. Not plants this time, perhaps a place for a combined ranch with animals which the members of the village can work together, rather than against each other, in a valley or world competition. Each village member can contribute to it, and perhaps the animals on the ranch can represent the tribe of the donating member. Each member can/should tend to the animals on the ranch, as there would be some sort of bonus, depending on the reward system, should each member participates in a day, and each day (but each player should not be limited to just one visit per day). It would be obviously, something along the lines of collecting eggs, milk, truffles, etc... Fishing would be a nice touch in the pond found in this village ranch, too.

cymbeline
23rd May 2015, 03:28 AM
I would like to be able to 'travel' the valley map, with places to visit along the way, instead of just scrolling through it; I would also like to be able to visit the islands at the end of the map and near the WT; I find the questies disappointing; I would prefer to be given a 'quest' adventure to locate or achieve something for some reward, as opposed to just trading. I would also like to have horses, dragons, phoenix's and such that we could ride/fly on as we travel and companion pets to raise, play with, teach tricks, that could also travel with us. As for what types of 'new' places to have...I would like to see gathering places where could meet and hang out...like a beach, where we could swim and hunt sunken treasures (together or individually); a lake where we could fish; a mountain camp or lodge where we could play in the snow or go camping, a place where we could create dishes from the different resources in Mira; :)

I really like the ideas in the above statements (wtg Shyrie). Traveling the Valley Map and visiting the islands near the WT, and having gathering places would be great. Also, perhaps not having an Achievement Award for pranking would be a good way to start in making the City a friendlier place.

Beemine
23rd May 2015, 03:54 AM
oops think i replied on the wrong part :/ now to try remember what i wrote. :/ urm
my thoughts. well, we already have the city where people met and chat. we have seats there already. we also have the world tree. people met there and chat. we have our villages and dream worlds. all used for gatherings and chatting.. do we really need yet ANOTHER place to do the same thing that we can already do in so many places..
i thought DisabledChicks idea of a production world was great. and would be a much better use of any new world/area we get.. something differenttttt.
just my thoughts. sorry

DonabCheeky
23rd May 2015, 04:06 AM
I think if we are going to get a new area it should be the "production world" which i posted about earlier.

How about we have a production world .... similar to our dream worlds
several little islands which allow one machine or animal to be placed on an island at one time but can be removed and stored in our storage shed to allow us to switch between machines we need to make different products

inside our production world we could have a storage shed to store our machines and animals and the machines could make products from our crops and the animals could produce items from our crops.

like carrot produce carrot soup or carrot cake
roses produce bunches of flowers
pumpkins produce jack-a-lanterns or pumpkin pie or pumpkin soup
wild grapes produce wine or moonshine
snowdrops produce bunches of flowers
tubular mushrooms produce mushroom soup or mushroom pie
tossled lettuce and spotted cucumber combine together to create a tossed salad (tossled Salad)
Key beets feed to pigs which give us pork or sausages
fly agaric fed to pigs could give us truffles.
winking roots placed in a cauldron could give us a brewed potion which makes us invisible for a certain length of time
(These are just a few ideas off the top of my head)

We could also have harvest races which need these production items to win them, it would mean you need to play to make the products to win the harvest races. Having to produce products from crops would give us all something to do between our crops growing,

SnowLily.
23rd May 2015, 05:31 AM
I have question. Is that place kind of like a Dream World? I mean, everyone will have their own "island/place" or this is a one place for everyone like like Town.

Naysa
23rd May 2015, 06:14 AM
I played Travian and I miss the comunity actions. At least this would give us a spot to meet old friends and make new ones. I have already suggested having the mini games here in mira but at least this is a start

SabriiRose
23rd May 2015, 06:32 AM
I think this is a lovely idea! Maybe our dream world houses could have a backyard. I keep running into the problem with having too much furniture and too small a dream world house. This would be an awesome solution!

Melany
23rd May 2015, 08:43 AM
dream in Mira...
I dreamed after I read the email about Miro's dream ... and this is what I dreamed of:

Up in the middle of the Valley Map is a house. We can go to it ... like a village. This house has a "yard" that you can decorate. Other people can visit other houses by clicking on their friend list and in the menu for them, select "go to house". This house that you can buy has rooms ... like in Travians. Different styles of houses ... simple, 4 to 6 rooms, up to complex multistory up to 20 + rooms ... Much of the decor here ... finally have a place to put it all! Well, most of it, anyway. :-D

The furniture here isn't too bad ... but there is far more than can fit into the room available on the dream estate. The addition helped, but filled up far too fast.

This house doesn't change directly with Transformations or levels ... but you can buy bigger houses or different houses with Transformations. Also, you get more choices of furnishings. In my dream, I saw people designing furniture collections for the houses. There were beds that one can lie on and if you are in a bed when you log off, you find yourself in the same bed when you log back in.

In the yard was a "Game House" where you could find games to play ... black jack, Yahtzee, Sudoku ... simple games ... and maybe worth some sort of "fun points"? or not ... the fun was in enjoying doing things with your friends.

eating together... bathing together in communal baths ... They brought the whole community together.

The only bad part ... I found I wanted to spend lots of rubies to set up my house. ;-)

SnowLily.
23rd May 2015, 03:23 PM
Melany and Naysa are right. This game needs some more community actions where players gather together to do things together and get some kind of rewards.

I, as some of us arrived here almost a year ago and truly speaking I am avoiding Town as much as possible just not to get pranked. There is no place you are safe from prankers and not many like to be unicorn or walking with pumpkin head.

So like Melany and Naysa suggested, I to had / have dream for a place where community have a place to do some action together, chat, get reward, laugh etc.

I dream of the decorations to be more useful, like benches placed everywhere and we actually can sit on it. Beds are made to sleep in not sit on (looks kind of weird when I click on the bed and I am sitting instead laying down). Also, the whole place use able to place decorations from "corner to corner". I dream, of more items in every collection (one colours), so we can use our brains to use the items and build something (decorate).

Selkie Ali
23rd May 2015, 04:30 PM
I love the idea of a large area for decorating it just as you would like - without being restricted by non-decoration-areas!! Walking around between decoration, being able to place a few seatings... maybe defining special walking-areas on your own according to the decoration you place (maybe I don't like my visitors to walk through the flowers, but I'd like to give them the opportunity to swim with a hippo)

And I don't think it should be restricted in that aspect at all.
People who don't like my decoration can simply turn it off - or stay away.

I do like the idea of it being a place of kindness - though forbidding pranking at all doesn't seem the best idea to me.
I'd like it to be the choice of the owner!

=> To be able to invite people or to throw them out (without having to put them on ignore and regardless of the friends group) and keep them out.
=> To be able to allow or forbid pranking as you wish.

And I don't think it's a good idea to implement important new features into it, because of the problems a lot of people are experiencing when teleporting. Let it be a place of choice, so everyone can decide whether to use it, to visit it - or not.
Without having to miss out on something that is important to the progress of the game.

Shyrie
23rd May 2015, 07:18 PM
TY Cymbeline .... Wow! really great ideas...I really like Sox Attax thoughts about villages working together, I know that in some valleys there seems to be a lot of animosity, between villages due to the competitions, which feels sad to me and in contrast to the whole idea of Mira; I also really like the idea of being able to use what we produce to make more things, ie: food and such and would really like to see the animals as more than just deco items; I would also like if we could place whatever we have in inventory…wherever we would like inside or outside and not be limited on the rotation/placement of the items; oh and I would agree with being able to sit on the benches and lie on the beds, and have the ability to go onto the DW Islands…and on that note, I would also like to be able to enter and furnish my village house; which brings me to the idea of being able to view the game from the overview ability or from the view of my avatar. I really like how this thread is going and can’t wait to read more ideas :)

Shyrie
23rd May 2015, 10:23 PM
Oh I also like the idea for mini games that a few have mentioned; maybe that's what the valley questies could be for...then the premium questie could have special 'quests' for the day/week/month, I mean real 'quests' (A journey or effort in pursuit of a goal; a mission).

SoxAttax
24th May 2015, 12:42 AM
I have question. Is that place kind of like a Dream World? I mean, everyone will have their own "island/place" or this is a one place for everyone like like Town.

I think it sounds like that's entirely up to you. I think that's what they're asking us to tell them what we want to see.

annoraderenart
24th May 2015, 12:42 AM
IF there were a new space, I would not want another place like my dreamworld. The description had everything my dreamworld already has.

I would want something completely different. Production buildings then use the products made to build things. Maybe my friends could send me more items for the building process.

Shyrie
24th May 2015, 01:42 AM
Oh would be great if there was a place we could put things up for sale or trade or to add to the creation of something new...a way to free up your inventory of things you don't especially like or have way too many of, that you can't sell to the shop.

Naysa
24th May 2015, 06:00 AM
Instead of a bldg for mini games, maybe a park where we could play blackjack, dice duel and ect

Jause
24th May 2015, 08:27 AM
Many of the suggestions here are already mentioned elsewhere, I'm just picking up the ones I like and maybe adding some.

A community area, a central park, where players can meet (and I don't think there's a way to avoid teleporting to enter).
- a chat of it's own. bubble chat is clumsy.
- it would be an area where you could give gifts, but not prank.
- you could walk around, and sitting areas too.
- minigame areas - something like domino comes to mind.
- in the center there could be eg. a phoenix statue that would "light up" when somebody transformed at world tree, maybe have an announcement in some nice color in chat: "player -Whoever-" transformed.
- there could be a link to rankings page - the only option there's no transporter for sale ;p

When it comes to areas that everyone could decorate, that's a bit trickier. Some busy decorator can easily overrun the place.
- maybe a private plot of area you could expand like the dreamworld (with mana). there would be a way to enter through the community area.
- it would be initially open for everyone to visit, but you could remove troublesome players and prevent them entering in the future "iggy-list".
- paths, but if you had a pattern of "+" (horizontal-vertical) you could disable a section of path to make a decoration section bigger.
- you could assign one section as "garden folly" and use dreamworld furniture to decorate.

And I'm sure many more will come to mind later - many more than developers can possibly deliver.
Btw I'm an exile from a game where developers went into "no-more new features" mode about a year before the game was closed. So, as long as the developers here are open for suggestions I'm a very happy gamer.

sarlin
24th May 2015, 01:17 PM
So far,all the decorations i've seen including of my own,include flowers,statues,trees,items that really beautifies the place! Wherever i look, i see nice colors and beautifull decorative accents.But not matter how many times i have seen these islands regardless of how beautifully they show, is missing the most basic"decorative" which highlighting the beauty of the place.So what i would like to see in my dream,would not be treesnor statues.I would put my friends with whom i will share the colors of the flowers, the sound from the river,the joy to lie down on the grass or buld sand castles.Well the ideal dream would be to put the emotions that the decorative's causing,hanging out with our friends! And maybe Miro want's his friend's to be with, to play , to eat to sleep and joy all the decorations that he has around!!:)

octopia
24th May 2015, 04:02 PM
Firstly, this is a great thread, so many good ideas. I started by thinking about Miro’s dream …

It looks like the dream is a new (bigger) personal space to decorate. Good plan. Should it be in addition to the current Dream World? No, I think it should replace it. The current DW is an odd shape of disconnected areas which is more difficult to decorate than one big area. Also the current DW doesn’t match the screen shape (it’s tall, rather than wide) which makes it more difficult to see all the visitors when having parties. So ...

1. The new space (“estate”) should be big enough to create a large park (at least half the size of a village).
2. Access to this new estate is by clicking the player’s house in the village.
3. The owner is the only one who can decorate there.
4. A noticeboard (in the centre, but moveable) can be used to post comments, eg “Party here on Saturday”, "What a lovely garden you have", etc.
5. Players can leave giftboxes in your estate space (they can hide them anywhere!). A player may leave 10 gifts per day (1 per estate). This replaces the blossoming tree which can be seen as a popularity contest.
6. The house (moveable) can be expanded at each transformation if the owner wishes (it just expands to replace garden). The items required for expansion could be “crafted”.
7. There’s a chat feed specific to the estate. Lots of chat bubbles gets in the way.

There are quite a few comments about crafting or having a production aspect to the game. Something other than just growing crops for questies and competitions. The new estate space could open up a more varied style of game-play, by crafting items to decorate the space:

1. Grow crops, then craft items from these. Some examples have already been given in this thread, but things like growing cotton to make cloth, then use cloth to make clothes/curtains. Add dye (we have lots of that!) or make dye from brightly coloured crops and store it in glass vials (lots of those too!).
2. Farm animals. So, keep chickens to get eggs, cows for milk, sheep for wool, etc. Use eggs in the kitchen, make pillows with wool, etc
3. Obtain other resources from special places on the valley map. The forest for timber, a quarry for stone, etc. Expand the estate House with stone. Use timber to make floors/gazebos/garden seats (that you can sit on), etc.
4. Make crafting machines, eg Workbench, Loom, Anvil, Furnace. Maybe tools too, eg Hammer, Sewing box, Shovel.
5. Learn crafting skills (perhaps 3 levels of each), eg Carpenter, Tailor, Artist, etc. The higher the skill level the more complex the crafted item can be. Maybe higher skills mean tasks are quicker?
6. Replace the questies with a series of different mira characters who set regular challenges (perhaps 2 daily & 2 weekly). The quests will be to build certain items, for which the above crops, resources, tools and skills will be needed. It may be an item of furniture, clothing, a cooking recipe, a feature (like a swimming pool) or a new building, eg café, to place in the estate. The crafted item is pre-designed, players work towards earning it.
7. Most importantly, you can ask friends for help in supplying materials, an hour’s labour, or “teaching” skills. Daily limit on this.
8. The chat feed shows completed quests as well as logon/off info (instead of the bouncy notice dropping down at the top. An option allows players to include/exclude “chat/activity/all”. So the chat feed may look like this:
JimJersey has logged on
KarenB has logged off
SilverBunny has just built a swimming pool!

BusyBee: "hello everyone!"

octopia is now skilled to level 2 Carpenter! Click to ask for help
NickyTheFrog: "hello BusyBee, great to see you!"
WanderingFool has just transformed! Send them a gift

This would help liven the chat feed and create more interaction with other players.

9. A new "skill" could be created. "Resilience Skill" (levels 1 to 3) limits the effect of prank spells to 1 hour, 5 minutes or, for level 3, 5 seconds. This allows pranksters to get their achievements, but the effect is more temporary.
10. Some have mentioned “mini-games” to help fill the time. I think this is a good option if it can be mira-themed, but those whose time doesn’t permit them to sit with the mini-games should not be excluded from achieving the quests.

Credit to those who mentioned any of this before. I hope some of these ideas are useful (sorry about the long post).

octopia :)

Elsje
24th May 2015, 07:09 PM
I like the idea of a production world and use of animals to gain new resources. BUT these should be magical animals, not the casual cows, hens and so on.

annoraderenart
25th May 2015, 03:44 PM
Firstly, this is a great thread, so many good ideas. I started by thinking about Miro’s dream …

It looks like the dream is a new (bigger) personal space to decorate. Good plan. Should it be in addition to the current Dream World? No, I think it should replace it. The current DW is an odd shape of disconnected areas which is more difficult to decorate than one big area. Also the current DW doesn’t match the screen shape (it’s tall, rather than wide) which makes it more difficult to see all the visitors when having parties. So ...

1. The new space (“estate”) should be big enough to create a large park (at least half the size of a village).
2. Access to this new estate is by clicking the player’s house in the village.
3. The owner is the only one who can decorate there.
4. A noticeboard (in the centre, but moveable) can be used to post comments, eg “Party here on Saturday”, "What a lovely garden you have", etc.
5. Players can leave giftboxes in your estate space (they can hide them anywhere!). A player may leave 10 gifts per day (1 per estate). This replaces the blossoming tree which can be seen as a popularity contest.
6. The house (moveable) can be expanded at each transformation if the owner wishes (it just expands to replace garden). The items required for expansion could be “crafted”.
7. There’s a chat feed specific to the estate. Lots of chat bubbles gets in the way.

There are quite a few comments about crafting or having a production aspect to the game. Something other than just growing crops for questies and competitions. The new estate space could open up a more varied style of game-play, by crafting items to decorate the space:

1. Grow crops, then craft items from these. Some examples have already been given in this thread, but things like growing cotton to make cloth, then use cloth to make clothes/curtains. Add dye (we have lots of that!) or make dye from brightly coloured crops and store it in glass vials (lots of those too!).
2. Farm animals. So, keep chickens to get eggs, cows for milk, sheep for wool, etc. Use eggs in the kitchen, make pillows with wool, etc
3. Obtain other resources from special places on the valley map. The forest for timber, a quarry for stone, etc. Expand the estate House with stone. Use timber to make floors/gazebos/garden seats (that you can sit on), etc.
4. Make crafting machines, eg Workbench, Loom, Anvil, Furnace. Maybe tools too, eg Hammer, Sewing box, Shovel.
5. Learn crafting skills (perhaps 3 levels of each), eg Carpenter, Tailor, Artist, etc. The higher the skill level the more complex the crafted item can be. Maybe higher skills mean tasks are quicker?
6. Replace the questies with a series of different mira characters who set regular challenges (perhaps 2 daily & 2 weekly). The quests will be to build certain items, for which the above crops, resources, tools and skills will be needed. It may be an item of furniture, clothing, a cooking recipe, a feature (like a swimming pool) or a new building, eg café, to place in the estate. The crafted item is pre-designed, players work towards earning it.
7. Most importantly, you can ask friends for help in supplying materials, an hour’s labour, or “teaching” skills. Daily limit on this.
8. The chat feed shows completed quests as well as logon/off info (instead of the bouncy notice dropping down at the top. An option allows players to include/exclude “chat/activity/all”. So the chat feed may look like this:
JimJersey has logged on
KarenB has logged off
SilverBunny has just built a swimming pool!

BusyBee: "hello everyone!"

octopia is now skilled to level 2 Carpenter! Click to ask for help
NickyTheFrog: "hello BusyBee, great to see you!"
WanderingFool has just transformed! Send them a gift

This would help liven the chat feed and create more interaction with other players.

9. A new "skill" could be created. "Resilience Skill" (levels 1 to 3) limits the effect of prank spells to 1 hour, 5 minutes or, for level 3, 5 seconds. This allows pranksters to get their achievements, but the effect is more temporary.
10. Some have mentioned “mini-games” to help fill the time. I think this is a good option if it can be mira-themed, but those whose time doesn’t permit them to sit with the mini-games should not be excluded from achieving the quests.

Credit to those who mentioned any of this before. I hope some of these ideas are useful (sorry about the long post).

octopia :)

So many good ideas. I hope Miro and his team are reading.

SoxAttax
27th May 2015, 12:37 AM
Another dream brings yet another result. I dreamed that my village, Ravenmore, gathered together in the arena, dragons in tow, to meet with the other villages in the valley Capricorn Canyon to race dragons. The concept was familiar, but the number of dragons was unprecedented. As we approached the race official, they gave us our directions to split up, and assign each player from each village to each color. We lined up, and the green racers began. The remainder of the dragons and miramagicians waited with baited breath. When our first dragon approached the yellow zone, my dragon sped off for the red zone. I gathered quite a lead, and when I passed the torch, lightning struck, and our lead all but vanished. It was neck and neck to the end, but after one last handoff, our village came out victorious, granting a favorable reward including not only garden fairies, but also items on the participants' wish lists. Only the participants received the prizes from the wish list, but the entire village received the garden boosts.

Shyrie
27th May 2015, 01:04 AM
Great dream Sox...maybe our lil Ravenmere village should start practicing more together...just in case :)

Julz417
27th May 2015, 01:07 AM
I like SoxAttax' idea of a village to village relay race, it would bring more of us competing together in something other then BO's & HR's. A chat to accompany it would also be good.

Shyrie
6th June 2015, 03:36 AM
Oh and I would also like, if you win more than 1 of the weekly prize; you have the ability to sell or trade the extra ones; instead of just having them take up room in your already crowded inventory.