PDA

View Full Version : Problems with chat and other players can't see me and I can't see them

Jas_Wylde
5th April 2015, 09:32 PM
Hi,

I'm having some weird problems as of late. Still don't have chat and today, noticed a very weird problem. When I log in, I can see my character but I can't seem to see anyone else and I've learned that they can't see me as well. I seem to be able to do all the usual actions but I seem to be invisible. Please help....

Elsje
6th April 2015, 12:51 AM
What you describe is exactly what happens when you've been banned from chat. Haven't you participated lately in a discussion with chat mods where you said something infavourable about them?

Jas_Wylde
6th April 2015, 03:34 AM
No, I hardly ever go into chat and I haven't said anything negative, just asked about the chat not working.

Serpent Goddess
6th April 2015, 04:41 AM
Elsje, this is my brother, and no...I'm the one that gets pinked. He never goes on chat except to talk to Dragonholt.

We are having some sort of issue with his account, which I hear a lot of people are having with the chat, but not that he's invisible, and that doesn't happen from any ban. I've been pinked enough to know. He keeps getting the standard 'Clear your flash, clear this, that, & the other, restart, etc', from others in chat. I know they mean well.

My husband is a engineer, and got called to where we are because hes an expert in internet technologies. As a matter of fact, they transferred him here to redesign the system in this city, so its kinda offensive when people don't think we're not computer efficient.

I can see your point, but trust me, thats not the case with Caff. If it was me, well then...but its not.

I'm posting on this thread because I don't want to see it go down that road. Somethings messing up, and its neither from his interactions or our deficiency in computer knowledge.

dragonholt
6th April 2015, 02:41 PM
This issue has been forwarded to the Technical Team in Germany and when I have news I will pass it on. There are a few players reporting similar issues. Thank you for your patience.

Serpent Goddess
6th April 2015, 03:21 PM
Ty DH :)

Jas_Wylde
6th April 2015, 07:13 PM
Thank You DH, I've felt so isolated LOL Went to a transformation last night and nobody could see me there but again, thanks :-)

Kaushka
6th April 2015, 11:26 PM
@caffieneomatic - Since the TG-wide server issue, I too, am one of the players living in a "parallel world," being able to interact with questies and crops of my own, as well as share experience on crops of other players, and gift their houses and tree in their dreamworld. I reported my issue to tech support a few days ago, so I'm patiently waiting, playing in this purgatory... I know it's kind of creepy - but at least when I go to the city now, I don't get pranked! :p

Aliya Silver
7th April 2015, 07:28 AM
That's a good way of taking it, Kaushka :D
I know it's disturbing, and I'm really sorry about it - but we really can't do anything else than wait for the techies.

Just a word to explain the avatar situation:
The chats as well as the display of the avatars are connected with the chat server - so if for some reason you aren't able to connect to that chat server, both parts are affected - you can't read or write in the chat channels, and your avatar won't be visible to others (and other players' avatars won't be visible to you). And of course, the same goes with the chat bubbles.

The only thing you can do for now is writing messages via mailbox or use the bulletin board.

Don't let it spoil the fun for you ;)
Aliya

dragonholt
7th April 2015, 09:54 PM
Good news!

The Technical team have a fix ready to apply to solve the chat and connectivity issues!

The fix will be applied 8th April at 16:00 UTC+2. The full message can be found -here- (http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?t=5658) and in your inbox ingame.

Please remember to clear flash etc after the fix and let support know if there is still a problem.