PDA

View Full Version : what is up with this.?

nuttynanny
3rd October 2014, 07:22 PM
Our village put in for a Big Order last night, before anyone could put in for it, and usually when we put in for a race, we have the stuff to cover for it..so when someone come in and went over us, naturally we come on back to win it...and then the people canceled my friendship for that reason???...I have no understanding...I did nothing but win what we had put in first, and needed...is this not the reason for the Big orders and Harvest Races, is to make the gold we need to keep playing??can someone explain what we did wrong?? And we have backed off from the HR;s and Big Orders because of the attitudes of the people that we are running against..oh and we have yet to be paid for our older Big Orders, so we really needed the money from the few we have done...

nuttynanny
3rd October 2014, 08:07 PM
Our village put in for a Big Order last night, before anyone could put in for it, and usually when we put in for a race, we have the stuff to cover for it..so when someone come in and went over us, naturally we come on back to win it...and then the people canceled my friendship for that reason???...I have no understanding...I did nothing but win what we had put in first, and needed...is this not the reason for the Big orders and Harvest Races, is to make the gold we need to keep playing??can someone explain what we did wrong?? And we have backed off from the HR;s and Big Orders because of the attitudes of the people that we are running against..oh and we have yet to be paid for our older Big Orders, so we really needed the money from the few we have done...

sorry, I don't know if I did right by asking this or not..didn't mention any names, but still have no understanding..

Elsje
3rd October 2014, 08:14 PM
Why would it bother you? Keep in mind that there are young children playing Mira as well, so yeah, things like that can happen, no need to worry about the whys and wherefores ;)

Reserved1Glitch
3rd October 2014, 08:39 PM
Nuttynanny, You did absolutely nothing wrong! It's possible that the "friend" simply was/is a poor loser. In my opinion, if you back off from entering comps because of attitudes of others...they win... because they would no longer have to compete against your village. Take care, I wish you well in all your future competitions.

nuttynanny
4th October 2014, 06:12 PM
thanks..that does make me feel better..and you are right Elsje, I didn't think about the younger people..Thanks my friend Reserved1Glitch..

the young don't think about what is going on and that it is a comp. and a game and people are naturally competitive. Will keep that in mind...

Slinky_Wizard
5th October 2014, 04:05 PM
Human nature for some people, these competitions can bring out the " best or worst " in some people. If you are trying to win to get ahead in the rankings or for whatever other reason, and stomp on someone else to do so, it can be a natural reaction for others to get p*ssed off at you or not. This is life for real.

Redt
7th October 2014, 08:03 PM
You did absolutely nothing wrong, nuttynanny, just don't let it bother you. Competitions are competitions and not everyone is a good loser :)

sigthyra
10th October 2014, 09:31 AM
I just got this in my mail yesterday:
"Hi there,

I'm from xxxxx, a fellow village in our valley of sorcery. I'm mailing this message to as many Village Elders as I can see (if I sent to the wrong person, please forward it to the appropriate village elder, thanks).

I made a suggestion regarding the etiquette of Big Orders in Valley chat. With the new system of rubies reward, some of us are conflicted between completing BOs right away for the rubies reward or waiting it out for our transforms. To allow some of us to do both, it would be better in my opinion if we abide by this etiquette when completing a BO:

- we're free to complete any BOs provided no one else has already reached 99% in it. This applies to non-rubies as well as rubies BOs.

In order words, if a village gets to 99% first in a BO, then they will be assured that they can wait to close that BO down (eg. after transformation) without worries of another village leap-frogging and completing it before them. We're free to donate more into that BO to get more share of the gold whenever it closes by the lead village, up to 90%, but is not recommended since you don't know when they will close it.

Remember that to avoid refund of your donations in BOs, you need to donate 1 crop every 30 days, to extend it for another 30 days. This is also good for our purpose, since if a village gts to 99% then goes inactive, their village will be removed from the BO on the 31st day of inactivity, and that BO now be "free" again for the rest of us to complete.

The alternative to treating BOs with 99% already donated as "closed" is pretty simple: villages would just close down any BOs (eg. for rubies), regardless if someone else is holding it at 99% for their transformation. With this proposal however, everyone gets more flexibility in planning their transformation.

Please let me know if its agreeable enough, with a reply or chat on our valley chat (preferrably valley chat, so we can discuss together and say hello to one another :))

Regards,
xxxxx"

I have erased the name of the sender, but I am angry about that mail. Maybe your elder made a deal like that. I hate that layout, because it makes it hard for new people in the game, or vilages just starting up in contests. Looks like cheating to me.

Elsje
10th October 2014, 05:17 PM
Well, deals can be made but this person has forgotten that not only village elders can close a BO, anyone can do it and people move from valley to valley all the time so s/he would have to monitor the inhabitants of all villages in the valley to inform the newcomers about the deal and ask them to cooperate... Not very likely I guess.
By the way, how does s/he know that a plant must be donated every month to avoid being removed from the competation? The Changelog says it will be "several months" before that happens (the changelog can be seen in the Announcements section, not the Changelogs section, I have no idea why but there it is . . .).

As for your comment, you say that the deal will make it hard for new people in the game - I have a feeling that new players aren't much likely to be able to afford wasting loads of gold/plants necessary to close a BO anyway.

Divination
10th October 2014, 07:35 PM
Sigthyra, I appreciate that you took off my name off that email, but just so you know, I got nothing to be ashamed of in making that proposal for cooperation. I am not sure why you are angry. If you disagree, then as I indicated, please discuss it with our valley mates in the Valley chat. But since you chose to make it known here (note that not everyone in our valley uses this forum), then we can work our differences here on the forum if you prefer (and if this is the right place for this).

The proposal is that a new village doesn't CLOSE a BO that someone already donated to 99%. If you disagree, then you want to see a new village that donated everything they got, reserved a BO for their transformation at 99%, just so a more active, older village in the valley comes in and close the BO off before they could transform? How does having our valley agreed to not do that, make it harder for new people in the game?

May I suggest you visit this thread: http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?t=4753 as it's a more appropriate place, and we can discuss the "philosophies" of cooperation more there.

FYI, this proposal was brought about because another village in our valley lost their transform BO (90ish % completed) b/c another village came in after and donated all 100%.

Thank you, Elsje. You understand. This proposal was aimed at the few active villages in our valley. It's to protect the less active villages, the newer villages from the ones that are capable of ruining other player's experience in this game. Mine included, but as one of the leaders of my village, I won't allow anyone in my village to close down a BO that another village is saving for their transform. We already got support from two other villages - with our valley consisting of only about 7 villages.

Also you can hover over the BO and the bubble text should tell you when your crops would be refunded if no further donation is made :)