PDA

View Full Version : New competition feedback

RainyRain
25th September 2014, 08:11 PM
Well... so far I personally like most of the changes (other than not getting our old payouts yet, which i'm sure they're working on... right?!?!?!).
I love that I can see a pic of the plants involved in each order! I like that the orders are grouped by wins.

One concern that I have is that I'm wondering if the Big Orders are now going to behave like the Harvest Races, in the sense that some one will come in, fill up, undercut the entire order just to get the rubies (albeit it's only a couple). I'm curious how this will effect the villages who are preparing for transformation in the future.

I liked having the variety of styles of orders since our village isn't so much into racing other villages, but perhaps this is the new direction of the game? Or maybe the system needs some time to settle?

Overall though, I think it's a big improvement!

blacklight1212
25th September 2014, 09:25 PM
I'm agree with the badges system but, I suggest a little change there, there's some competitions with badges where you can win money (of course) and rubies, yes rubies, so what's going to happen if we reach the limit, for example we won 101 competitions and appear a new competition with the "100" or "5" badge with rubies as prize? not fair only some villages can win rubies because of the new system.
Reggards

Redt
26th September 2014, 02:13 AM
I agree with RainyRain that cosmetic changes are very nice and useful.

However, there is nothing there to really stop those who want to win every.single.race no matter the cost, making it rather challenging, often frustrating for the rest of the valley.

Except a rather unimaginative way of punishing the villages who are successful, by limiting the number of races for them, so they are -forced- to miss some of them. How is punishing a success a fair approach to any game? What kind of fun is it?

I bet that there will be races where people who do not like to make much effort to win anything will win the race with just 1 carrot. Fairness is alive and well in Miramagia :)

Ok, now some alternative ways to deal with the problem:

1. Make the races not Valley specific, but rather available to villages with the specific number of wins. This way the villages compete with others who are at approximately the same level of competitiveness in the entire Miramagia world.
For example, those with 100-500 wins compete against other villages in the same range, those with 500 wins compete in 500-1000 wins range and so forth. Of course newbies compete in 0-10 or 0-50 or whatever. This way every village has a chance to win in a fair and square race.

2. If we stay with valley based races, villages could be limited to entering a limited number of races of their choice.
For example out of 100 available races a village can choose only 10 or 20 or whatever, they want to compete in. Once the race is over they can pick the next one from the list.
This would require strategy and planning and would make the races more fun.

Anyway, the way it is now, there are more frustrations then fun, at least in our Valley and the new update does not seem to address the real problem.

Aliya Silver
26th September 2014, 12:22 PM
@blacklight - don't worry about that, you simply got it wrong :D

if your village has won more than 100 comps in the new system, you just can't enter the "5" or "100"-comps any more but still all of those that don't have a limit. and you do have the possibility of winning rubies there, too ;)

@redt - no, there isn't anything to really stop those win-at-all-costs-villages. the reason is very simple: there is no way to guarantee that. this is a problem of PEOPLE not of SYSTEM - and people who would go to any lengths only to win those comps, will ALWAYS find ways to do so. maybe they'd move from village to village (so it would be a different name but it wouldn't change the situation at all) or...
the system HAS now three categories that depend on the number of comps won - in the last year, counting starting with the update - which makes a lot of sense because it would be unfair if a group of new players is placed in an old and long abandoned village with 1200 comps won (and the system DOES do things like that ;) ) - and those poor beginners would have to deal with the really BIG villages.
the competitions are going to stay valley based, yes. so if you want easy wins you should move to a valley with low population... if you want really challenging comps (because of strong competitors), go to a valley with big villages.
restricting the number of competitions you can enter, would not at all be considered as "more fun" by the majority of players - and there are valleys where such a rule would even make the comps very very boring because they have a very low population.

that new system has been very well thought of :) and tries to find rules that work really good for the vast majority of villages/valleys/players/servers, which is not at all an easy task :D of course there are some situations where some players would need something different for their special circumstances... but then it's your own responsibility to maybe think it over and move your village or try a different strategy :)

@all: i'm confident that there will be some adaptations in the next few weeks to further improve it - like the amount of gold you can get - or maybe even the relations of cheap and expensive plants. so thank you all for your feedback and ideas - and please give it time :)

tiriake
26th September 2014, 02:55 PM
The only thing that I like about this new competition system, are the plant icons that you can see when you look at the harvest races.

I don't see how the new system will make a huge difference with the harvest races. Those who won before, will continue to do so and 5 and 100 wins will be won quickly and everyone is back to the old way.

While I am mostly indifferent about the changes with harvest races, I do think that big orders were changed for the worst. The amount of plants necessary is like tripled what it used to be and we get less gold for it. I consider myself active player, true I dont plant carrots 24/7, so if that makes me non active player then thats just the way it is. I do not see how the new BO system is fair. It will hurt the most small villages, new players and that is sad. For me personally playing this game in a small village is fun, because when I was in a full village I was stressed all the time and thought about quiting the game, but I am still here because I joined a small village and we are an active village, despite being small. I will continue and try my best with the harder BOs, do more work for smaller pay. But it does not change the fact that I am very dissapointed with this change.

Now the thing with the gold from old big orders, shows how little Travian Games prepared for this upgrade. Somebody did not do their work, that's what this delay is about. All that talk about 59k of BOs from COM that needs to be handled...Hello, that number was known before the update, so they should have prepared for it, but they didn't. If they would have bothered to send out a letter, right after the update, saying something along line: that since there is a lot of data to process , there will be a delay with paying that gold out. I would not be so irritated about the entire thing. But there was nothing, maybe in other servers players were notified, but in COM we were not. We did receive a official message about 12 hours after the update...I suppose that is what I am the most dissapointed about the update, how indifferently toward the players this "delay" was handeled. No official word, just lot of mumbling to be patient. Not good enough.

blacklight1212
26th September 2014, 04:39 PM
That's my point Allya, I suggest all the competitions with rubies as prize must be in that category (without bagde) so all the active players have a chance to win rubies.
And tiriake, completely agree with you...

GrimaWormtongue
26th September 2014, 08:39 PM
I like the new system and how comps are laid out it mean more villagers can get wins and do it there way. I know I'm in a village where we had it all to easy to win HR comps in the old system, but I rather have more competition between villages than all to easy wins.

plus I like now you can see what each comp entails with out having to trail through them to see what plants although some plants seem to be more in new comps than they where in old esp BO comps, some how growing 233k carrots doesn't seem appealing, for a lower payout.

part from that I like it bring the game more up to date.

Redt
27th September 2014, 12:53 AM
@Allya:

Blaming the PLAYERS for the problems? I find it rather bizarre coming from the moderator.

Competitive PLAYERS who want to win competitions are creating problems?

Isn't the purpose of the competitions and leaders board to encourage players to win as many comps as possible?

No, PLAYERS are NOT to be blamed for wanting to win. And telling us to change villages or valleys if we don't like our current competitors is rather insulting.

It is a role of the game provider to create a fully functioning, fair and fun SYSTEM, system that not only promotes sale of rubies, but make all aspects of the game fun for their clients - the players.

After some useful window dressing, the comp SYSTEM is still very much broken in my opinion. It needs to be scrapped and re-built from scratch.

SnowLily.
27th September 2014, 04:20 AM
I am not sure if anyone have noticed that whoever choose the game bonus at their dream world for % of gold win from competitions it does not working. Unless I am wrong. I just did not receive the % for gold win at harvest competitions.

Before the update we received mail showing what place we win and how much gold and before the update it was showing me win gold included the %, now I receive mail for winning the competition without the "game bonus" chosen at the dream word.

nuttynanny
27th September 2014, 04:41 AM
Redit, I think you are right. I thought the purpose of the competitions was to win...the strategy, the going in for the kill, and winning...and the badges are just the bragging rights...excuse me if I am wrong but competitions are just that, competitions, something to look forward to...why else are we growing crops for??????

Divination
27th September 2014, 08:35 PM
Redt while I agree with the spirits of your first suggestion, I disagree with your 2nd. Limiting each village to 20 HRs per cycle seems contradictory to what you said right above ..."a rather unimaginative way of punishing the villages who are successful, by limiting the number of races for them, so they are -forced- to miss some of them."

I'm happy with the implementation of 5-wins and 100-wins HRs, because at the end of the day, it's only 1 or 2 HRs per cycle that >100 wins villages will miss out. I can understand your complaint if it 5-win or 100-win HRs take up half of the total HRs per wave. But to ease your concern, just imagine that these couple 5-win and 100-win per HR wave are "extra" HRs that wouldn't have otherwise been available under the old system.

So why did they add those restricted HRs in? My guess is because some people in some villages go to great length to win every single harvest race. As someone who have been to many valleys and observed the different HR dynamics in each, I can say that some villages take the whole competition spirit out of the valley. They donate 1k in all. If someone beats them once, they then donate 2k in all. Then 5k in all. Perhaps someone didn't teach them that it's okay to share once in a while.

I'll be the first to admit I'm guilty of trying to win as many HRs for my village as well. But as with most of you, I'm also in it for the profit, so there is a time to say "if you're donating 2k or more in a comp, then you must really want it. Go ahead, I will bow out, if that's what it takes to keep the donation low in the rest of the HRs." In my valley, not every village wins all the comps, and even those that wins most of the comps, they occasionally opt out in some for others to win. I think that's healthy for competition and healthy for the spirits of both the valley and the game. This update just ensures that will be the case in all valleys.

And as tiriake said, you won't see any difference after a week when everyone has >5 wins, and after several months when everyone has >100 wins. Then everything will be back to normal as before update.

Also agree with tiriake somewhat that there was almost no change to the old BOs - it still cost way too much for the amount of payout it gives. I thought the update was suppose to make BOs cheaper?

The one change was putting an expiration date on all BOs if no one participates, which would just help clear the backlog server wise, and doesn't do anything to help us players. We now just have less options than before when its time for us to plan for transformation.

FragmentFour
27th September 2014, 09:00 PM
I completely love the new changes - and the icons with the plant types is a great addition. In contrast to what other posters have said, I find the BO plant requirements to be way down compared to the previous system - particularly the long-term mirabelles, fanfare reeds, spotted cucumbers, and etc. Fast growing item count is correspondingly raised - but much more convenient and fun to my way of thinking.

Yeah - I'm a happy camper!

Redt
27th September 2014, 09:17 PM
I disagree with your 2nd. Limiting each village to 20 HRs per cycle seems contradictory to what you said right above ..."a rather unimaginative way of punishing the villages who are successful, by limiting the number of races for them, so they are -forced- to miss some of them."

No, it is NOT punishing anyone, every.single.village would be able to participate in exactly the same number of races - and races of their choice, they would not be -forced- to enter less than any other village.

you won't see any difference after a week when everyone has >5 wins, and after several months when everyone has >100 wins. Then everything will be back to normal as before update.

I agree. And all this effort for nothing :( Beside very nice and useful window dressing, nothing really changed. Except of course some people who are after gold, will be able to hop from village to village and keep winning all races closed to everyone else. In fact this is what I was thinking of doing myself, lol.

I have another issue with the new system. Once there is a contribution to the comp 'close to the end' (no exact time given, more than 1 min from my experience), there is an extension of time, again, no time given. This seems random, between 2- 12 mins, from my experience so far. This is extremely frustrating and I suspect that continued refreshing for such an extended period of time by many players is causing the glitches and problems with the database which I'm experiencing all day today.

Divination
27th September 2014, 10:24 PM
From experience HRs usually span for 2 days with a lot of HRs then 2 days with 2, 1, or none. Then cycle repeats, so each cycle I refer to them as a wave of HRs.

Whether restricting each village to x number of HRs per wave is punishing or not depends on how often your village participates currently. If my village participates in more than 20 HRs each wave, then the new system would "force" my village to reduce our participation, "locking" out of the other HRs we would have otherwise be able to participate in under the old system.

I didn't really pay attention, but are there that many restricted HRs per "wave" that moving village just for those ones would be considered? Instead of say, staying in your current village, and win 2nd to 5th place if 1st is dominated by a big time competitor. Perhaps for ruby reward ones, if you think 3 is enough to move for 24h (thus missing out on the majority of regular HRs back home).

I notice as well that they changed the system to deal with last minute snipers. It's not actually random, but does make sniping much harder to do now. I'll leave it up to you to figure it out ;)

Renee3940
28th September 2014, 08:33 PM
But you guys are missing something.....it will not be the same for the people that did not win 5 or 100 races. After a week or so the under 100 villages will be competing "within their level" so to speak. Do you see what I mean?

Divination
28th September 2014, 09:00 PM
Yup Renee, that's what I wanted to say as well, but you put it nicely. Newer villages that settled into a valley mid-year will have a chance at less competition, thus more profit, in 2 or 3 HRs per wave. That should be enough to help out a new player.. immensely! Once their 100 wins is up, they should have enough gold to enjoy all the facets of the game like us older players.

Aliya Silver
28th September 2014, 10:33 PM
That's my point Allya, I suggest all the competitions with rubies as prize must be in that category (without bagde) so all the active players have a chance to win rubies.
And tiriake, completely agree with you...
well, given the fact that unexperienced villages will hardly stand a chance of winning any rubies in the highest category, i think it is only a fair way to give those villages a chance to win some, too... before being forbidden the lowest category and having to compete with experienced villages. time will tell ;)

I have another issue with the new system. Once there is a contribution to the comp 'close to the end' (no exact time given, more than 1 min from my experience), there is an extension of time, again, no time given. This seems random, between 2- 12 mins, from my experience so far. This is extremely frustrating and I suspect that continued refreshing for such an extended period of time by many players is causing the glitches and problems with the database which I'm experiencing all day today.
The expand time has been invented over a year ago and it works like this:

*donation within the last 5 seconds
=> competition will run another 30 seconds after announced ending time
*this can be done as often as you want
*Please keep in mind that your system time and the game's time might not be in tune perfectly and that the village leader will only tell about the minute not the second - so if there are discrepancies in the range of only a few seconds, that might affect the displayed time of the comps (display is referencing to your system time). But to the game (the concrete ending of comps), only atomic time is relevant.

At the moment there are irregularities about the time extension of HRs - investigation has already started and I hope the problem will be identified and fixed soon.

Redt
28th September 2014, 11:25 PM
Thanks, Allya, good to know that this is in a fact a bug and not a new feature of the updated comp system :)

Dervish1
29th September 2014, 07:02 PM
I like the new cosmetic changes, although I wonder why most people actually participate in Big Orders? They're valuable for transferring money to after your transformation, but your profit is only 5% of what it would cost to buy them, so any /other/ way of making money has a better return.

My biggest complaint about the new big orders, though, is that the proportions of slow plants to quick ones seems way off. I am sure it's set up so the total gold value of each is comparable, but a big order that needs 350,000 carrots, 350,000 key beets, and 200 stone truffles is just silly for the person who likes growing the truffles or who doesn't have the time to grow that kind of crazy numbers of plants. The fact that some people feel it's worth their while to spend the 5 million gold for all those plants in order to get the 200,000 reward (and no rubies in this case) strikes me as crazy.

RainyRain
30th September 2014, 03:23 PM
I agree that the number of plants needed for the BO's has been skewed perhaps too far in the opposite direction. Who wants to grow 400k of carrots over the course of the entire week?

As for our village (and I'm assuming for many others too) BO's is our 401k program to take care of our fellow villagers who transform. I like to play in a more relaxed version as well, where I can contribute to an order over time and vary my plant growing based on that. Not to mention that our village has a few snipers that take up most of the HR's. And before anyone mentions, yes, I know the new system would weed them out, but we will all be in the same category soon enough.

I do want to say though, I LOVE that I can see what plants are in each order before I look at them! :D

Serpent Goddess
30th September 2014, 07:44 PM
My Thoughts:

1. I think there should also be HR's that villages are unable to enter until a certain badge level with bigger prizes, if your going to limit more active villages from entering the smaller ones.

2.Our village also uses BO's for transformations, I think its unfair that you need 3 other villages participating in order to collect the rubies. Maybe the rubies should be taken out all together, or maybe not displayed until after transformation, and then its random how many you get.

Hr's are one thing and my whole valley has gone bonkers over these ruby ones.
However, I don't like the idea of putting in so much effort to transform and have someone snipe the BO I've been working, and prevent my transformation.

I think the new way is causing more tension than comradeship. And PLEASE do something about those BO's, at least take the 3 village requirement out of these comps since transformation is probably the only reason villages use them. Now the snipers have a new way to ruin a good, relaxing game.

I'm very disappointed with these changes :(

Serpent Goddess
30th September 2014, 08:05 PM
Second thought...Maybe these ruby HR's & BO's should have the rubies tiered like the Forum Comps.

Redt
30th September 2014, 08:09 PM
Our village will no longer use BOs for transformations, unless changes are made. We will use HRs instead - the payout is much better. We will only be snipping those BOs with rubies which are otherwise worth the effort.

Serpent Goddess
30th September 2014, 10:06 PM
Redt, You'd ruin someones transformation over 3 rubies, really? Why not just stick to the HR's for them?

Redt
1st October 2014, 04:31 PM
Game designers break the system which was formerly used as a transformation tool. And now you blame the players who intend to use it as a regular competition?

Serpent Goddess
3rd October 2014, 07:48 PM
Unlike the HR's, the BO's are useless unless you're transforming. The cost out weighs the return by 10's of millions in gold and/or crops. Wheres the competition here? There is none other than sniping so a player can't transform this way with surety. It looks like BO's may be a thing of the past because I don't know many people that would dump all they had into one other than transformation, or viscous snipers. And I hear from others that they are afraid to put into them before a transformation out of fear of being sniped.

RubyBramble
4th October 2014, 07:19 AM
I transformed shortly after the update and surely did it mainly with BOs. When I was ready to transform I bought all necessary plants I hadn´t until that time and went to the world tree. So it was no problem at all. If you prepare the BO long before it always was the risk that someone took them, where´s the change ?

Serpent Goddess
4th October 2014, 04:35 PM
Ruby, its the rubies, and the fact that you need 2 other villages to help. So now you go out into your valley and ask other villages to put some in so you get the rubies when you transform, and you agree to help them in return when its their time, but instead you get sniped.

Zoomaster
4th October 2014, 08:34 PM
I agree with Serpent Goddess. I wont be using BOs. Ill have to find something else to transform with.

RubyBramble
5th October 2014, 06:39 AM
It is no problem to transform with buying deco to sell after, but your village doesn´t get anything then.

And I surely don´t look at the rubies for a BO, we get so many at several opportunities, so others shall struggle for them, lol.

Slinky_Wizard
5th October 2014, 03:53 PM
I personally haven't seen any differences between the old and new B.O's, our village has used the new just as the old to transform without any problems. I mentioned before that I think these comps ( old and new , harvest and B.O's) don't fit the style of the game as sniping is very common and I think sniping is very sneaky ( just my opinion ), but as long as the game allows it, so be it, ruby or not.

I agree with Redt, don't blame the player,. blame the game designers, as long as it's within the parameters of game play, it's fair game. As much as I hate those villages that always try and win by 1 crop during the last 10 seconds, that's not a player problem as long as the game allows it.

Serpent Goddess
5th October 2014, 04:38 PM
Again, the problem I have with the BO's is the need to have 2 other villages participate in order to get the ruby prize. Before when myself or some one in my village was prepping to transform, we would look for a BO that no one was doing and go undetected. Now with the new system of 3 villages, its like waving a banner saying 'Come & Snipe Me'. We have some vicious players in my valley that would do something like that. I believe that because they do what you said Sybiotica, and come into a HR and snipe at the last second. And none of the villages talk in my valley, I've tried reaching out to them by sending gifts and visiting. They just prank me then blacklist me :(

Dragoness
5th October 2014, 06:23 PM
Personally I don't think the BOs with rubies are really a problem since most BOs don't have them. So, it is possible to use BOs for transformations without risking someone sniping them for the rubies. I must agree the 3-villages participating thing is a bit strange though... It could have been implemented to make us more cooperative between villages, but I'm afraid it just makes it more competitive.

About the HRs though:
Previously I loved donating to HRs since it felt like I could help all my friends in the village a lot by trying to win them. Then they did the same for me and together we had fun doing our best to win when we felt like it.
Now I seriously have to consider "is it worth donating to this competition, we've already won more than 30 competitions, maybe we should just wait for a better one". If the amount of competitions limited to villages with 5 and 100 wins respectively had been a lower percentage, it would not have been so bad. If I check the list of HRs that were finished yesterday there are 20 in total. Out of these 4 was for less than 5 comps and 6 for less than 100 comps. That means, if you have won >100 comps, half of the competitions will become unavailable. And I'm not buying "Consider all competitions for <100 & <5 a bonus", since I think there were more than 10 HRs per wave in the old competition system (I never counted them however, so maybe I'm just remembering it wrong).

My suggestion would be that in a wave of 20 HRs say 2 for <5 and 3 for <100, or 1 for <5 and 2-4<100. That would at least make it feel less like a punishment for being active.

Serpent Goddess
5th October 2014, 07:58 PM
Dragoness, you may have an opinion on a thread I started yesterday where I suggested that TG in turn makes comps that are only open for more active players, to be fair and all. Check it out here:
http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?t=4793

Divination
6th October 2014, 06:36 AM
Personally I don't think the BOs with rubies are really a problem since most BOs don't have them. So, it is possible to use BOs for transformations without risking someone sniping them for the rubies. I must agree the 3-villages participating thing is a bit strange though... It could have been implemented to make us more cooperative between villages, but I'm afraid it just makes it more competitive.

About the HRs though:
Previously I loved donating to HRs since it felt like I could help all my friends in the village a lot by trying to win them. Then they did the same for me and together we had fun doing our best to win when we felt like it.
Now I seriously have to consider "is it worth donating to this competition, we've already won more than 30 competitions, maybe we should just wait for a better one". If the amount of competitions limited to villages with 5 and 100 wins respectively had been a lower percentage, it would not have been so bad. If I check the list of HRs that were finished yesterday there are 20 in total. Out of these 4 was for less than 5 comps and 6 for less than 100 comps. That means, if you have won >100 comps, half of the competitions will become unavailable. And I'm not buying "Consider all competitions for <100 & <5 a bonus", since I think there were more than 10 HRs per wave in the old competition system (I never counted them however, so maybe I'm just remembering it wrong).

My suggestion would be that in a wave of 20 HRs say 2 for <5 and 3 for <100, or 1 for <5 and 2-4<100. That would at least make it feel less like a punishment for being active.

Dragoness, 50% is definitely not the norm from my observations since the update. The numbers you suggest are actually what I've been seeing for the past few days (been visiting villages in different valleys and recorded these #s down).

Valley of Roses. For the period of 1.5d: 22 total HRs; 3 under 100, 2 under 5. In other words, 5 restricted, 17 available to everyone. About 23% restricted

After moving back to my home valley (Valley of Sorcery) the numbers here are: 20 total HRs; 2 under 100, 2 under 5 => 20% restricted.

Previous wave before I moved at Valley of Sorcery (of different HRs, but for about the same 1.5d time period): 21 total HRs; 2 under 100, 2 under 5 => 19% restricted.

It happens that sometimes you have an outlier, is why in stats, we try to have multiple data points to reduce the uncertainty. As with you, I hope most waves will hover about 20% - we'll have to wait for more waves to check and find out!

Dragoness
6th October 2014, 09:18 PM
Dragoness, 50% is definitely not the norm from my observations since the update. The numbers you suggest are actually what I've been seeing for the past few days (been visiting villages in different valleys and recorded these #s down).

Valley of Roses. For the period of 1.5d: 22 total HRs; 3 under 100, 2 under 5. In other words, 5 restricted, 17 available to everyone. About 23% restricted

After moving back to my home valley (Valley of Sorcery) the numbers here are: 20 total HRs; 2 under 100, 2 under 5 => 20% restricted.

Previous wave before I moved at Valley of Sorcery (of different HRs, but for about the same 1.5d time period): 21 total HRs; 2 under 100, 2 under 5 => 19% restricted.

It happens that sometimes you have an outlier, is why in stats, we try to have multiple data points to reduce the uncertainty. As with you, I hope most waves will hover about 20% - we'll have to wait for more waves to check and find out!

Then the number of restricted competitions is likely based on the player data of the valley, there are very few villages in both the valleys you mentioned. I went through all our harvest races since 1st October and those open. It was 70 in total. Of these 33 were unlimited, 21 <100 and 16 <5. So in Flux Valley we are are not even close to 80% open to all.

Redt
7th October 2014, 07:24 PM
Any way you slice it, this new system is even more broken than before and the number of 'restricted' comps is not important. There should not be any.

What kind of healthy and fair system would reward lazy villages with a 'win' for contributing 1 plant, while the rest of us, for the same 'win', not only has to put hundreds of plants in but has to be vigilant to make sure it is not being snipped in the last moment?

This 'new & improved' system only increased resentment and hostilities. It needs to be scrapped in my opinion and some serious thoughts put into creating a new one.

Slinky_Wizard
8th October 2014, 02:25 AM
How about adding some more B.O's? Our valley is starting to run out of them. Before it seemed like we had hundreds to choose from, but now, not so many.

Divination
8th October 2014, 07:50 AM
Then the number of restricted competitions is likely based on the player data of the valley, there are very few villages in both the valleys you mentioned. I went through all our harvest races since 1st October and those open. It was 70 in total. Of these 33 were unlimited, 21 <100 and 16 <5. So in Flux Valley we are are not even close to 80% open to all.

I'm disappointed to hear that this is the case. You're probably right, the distribution of the HRs seems to be based on distribution of players' level in our respective valley, or more simply, just total # of players in valley.

Even though our valley is relatively empty, we're actually disproportionately heavy on high level players, with very few new players here. That could explain the 20% for <100 &5 and 80% open HRs. Alternatively, it could be that we have higher % open HRs because we have less villages. Hard to pin point down the real intention behind the changing %.

In any case, it would make sense that they would adjust the total #s of HRs per wave to be proportional to the # of players in our valley. That way, even though you're getting 50% of the HRs, that 50% should roughly equal my 80% in term of how many HRs accessible, for instance.

(But to confirm, that this isn't already the case, that you're also seeing about the same ~20 HRs per 1-2 day wave?)

Redt
11th October 2014, 03:28 PM
edit by Aliya Silver: this posting and the next have been moved from the thread "Market backlog after update" and initially respond to the following posting: -click me- (http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?t=4811&p=33299&viewfull=1#post33299)

While technically you might appear to be correct, Allya, the reality could not be farther from the truth.

In reality not too many of us have time or desire to harvest the winking roots every few minutes for 36 hrs straight.
Also when was the last time you applied 'Masterful fertilizer' to the winking roots? Or watched the video to shorten their growing time, or even watered it.
Also can you imagine how tedious harvesting is for those of us who do not buy rubies and need to harvest every carrot by hand, without the little helpers?

Previously we had choices, nobody HAD to choose a BO with mirabelles, last I looked at BOs ALL of them required massive amount of short time growing plants.

As to the market, I don't recall a backlog of winking roots or carrots previously, market was rather healthy and the new changes to the comps appear to have very little thought put into them.

Ghosth
11th October 2014, 07:13 PM
I agree with Redt!!! I have no time to grow all of these plants for BOs. I just transformed a few days ago. I had to have all new BOs done in order to have money after transformation. I personally spent over 60 million in gold on plants (after I put in all the plants I had in stock), while other villagers spent over 20 million gold on plants to help me out. This is what we ended up with... 12 BOs completed... All of those BOs were under 500,000 gold (none had rubies) and we each ended up with about 6 million in gold (6 times 6 equals 36 million - less than 1/2 of what we spent) and of course, I lost money because I was forced to spend all my gold on those plants. I really don't know what we will do in the future for transformation money. BOs are too expensive and all the plants we grow now go into HRs - no time left to grow hundreds of thousands of plants for BOs. I am still trying to figure out what the changelog meant when it said: "The plant numbers in competitions have been reduced to realistic quantities."
Personally, I do not think that 500,000 - or 100,000 plants is a realistic quantity. It still took me several hours to purchase plants and move those plants to my BOs since there is a limit on how many plants you can purchase at one time (not to mention the EXTREMELY SLOW LAG I have been experiencing in the shop and the comps entry page while transferring plants). You may say, Well, you won't have to do it all at once again. You can take your time and build your BOs up. BUT... I won't do that and I won't recommend it to my villagers because I have seen the other villages come in and take your hard-earned BOs before you have a chance to transform. And, with the ruby incentive added, there is going to be more BO stealing now. With the HUGE amount of plants (or gold) needed to finish BOs after the update, I will not start a BO until the day I can finish it. It is not worth losing that many plants (or gold) to another village and having to start all over again, maybe to just have it taken away again and again.

I have talked to many players who are voicing the same opinions.

dragonholt
11th October 2014, 10:46 PM
I think there is a better thread for your post Redt, and yours Ghosth . . this thread seems to be about the market . . .and your posts are more about the new comps, and as I am using the other thread to give feedback to TG I am going to ask a member of the forum team to move your two posts to that thread. That way TG will see your feedback all together.

All I will say on the topic is that the new comps system was tested before it was released live, and TG will take notice of the feedback. It would not surprise me if there were further tweaking of the system just as there was with the valley map.

Redt
11th October 2014, 11:12 PM
There is another important aspect of the game those changes have an impact on.

Previously, BOs was one of the elements of the game that the entire village participated in, bringing us close together. The mantra was that while getting the decos before the transformation might be good for you alone, BOs benefit entire village. Our entire effort and gold before the transformation was put into the BOs and everyone would do the same. And it worked very well.

Now, in good conscience, I can't suggest the same thing. Nobody likes to waste their gold, time and effort with very little return.

We will probably do some BOs in the future, but I'll certainly not expect everyone to participate and will suggest myself to invest in decos; less hassles, less stress. I was told that 1 statue of dragon bought @ 5 mils brings 750k gold when sold. Certainly a better deal than the new BOs for the transforming player.

Good-bye to co-operation and working together. :(

Redt
11th October 2014, 11:35 PM
All I will say on the topic is that the new comps system was tested before it was released live, and TG will take notice of the feedback. It would not surprise me if there were further tweaking of the system just as there was with the valley map.

This does not bode well for their testing system.

Valley system is a basically a good system that just needed some tweaking.
New comp system (which is basically an old broken system with a fresh coat of paint on it), is broken at the core and needs more than just tweaking, it needs to be scrapped and rebuild from the ground up to be fun and useful.

Chendo
14th October 2014, 09:27 AM
Personally, I do not think that 500,000 - or 100,000 plants is a realistic quantity. It still took me several hours to purchase plants and move those plants to my BOs since there is a limit on how many plants you can purchase at one time (not to mention the EXTREMELY SLOW LAG I have been experiencing in the shop and the comps entry page while transferring plants).
Unfortunately ... I have the same experience. :(

Elsje
16th October 2014, 03:44 PM
Does it happen to anyone else that the HRs don't refresh in the last seconds?
I just added plants to a HR and kept refreshing every 3 seconds - all the time it was showing that we're winning. And all of the sudden it turned out that another village won it.