PDA

View Full Version : Question about summoning plant fairies with rubies

Nacnud
3rd August 2014, 07:08 PM
Hi all,

I'm stuck trying to summon plant fairies. I have 9 available uses for the summon plant fairies spell. But when I try to use the spell, instead of summoning a fairy, it deducts 4 rubies and adds 1 more to the total of available uses.

How do I use my stockpile of available uses?

Thanks.

Rentara
3rd August 2014, 08:15 PM
That... is a good question. I just investigated in mine, and it says I have 10 available uses, but... I have never purchased a plant fairy. I'm uncertain where these uses came from, and based on your experiences, I am unwilling to just start clicking on things to see if I can use them without ruby subtraction.

Although, in the name of experimentation...

(thirty seconds later)

I clicked on the fairy, and then clicked on my field. It subtracted four rubies and added a fairy to my fields. The number of available uses went from 10 to 11.

My assumption is that the "available uses" is broken, and that it may not even actually exist. I don't recall ever having seen it before, and as plant fairies are something that are won or bought and then used immediately, it doesn't make sense to track available uses to begin with.

Nacnud
3rd August 2014, 09:26 PM
Thanks for being brave in the name of experimentation. ;) I thought maybe I missed an update where you could store fairies for later the way you can manufacture and store the ruby pranks.

Dragoness
4th August 2014, 06:09 PM
I don't know if "free uses" for plant fairies is something that will be implemented or something, never heard about it earlier but it is in the explanation for the spell... For me it says 8 available - which corresponds to the number of fairies currently on my field. Could it be what is meant? That would explain why the number goes up when you summon a plant fairy.

Rentara
4th August 2014, 07:10 PM
Ah, I hadn't thought to check that, Dragoness, and indeed, once I add the fairies from my dragon into the fairies it says in the upper left of the screen, the number is the same as the "available" number in the plant fairy spell box. So now this is not a matter of curiosity but a matter of semantics, since "available" isn't really a great word to say that there are currently "x" number of fairies on the field. Really it should be something more like "8 inhabitants."

Aliya Silver
5th August 2014, 11:33 AM
Hm, I think there is some confusion :)

The number of fairies that is displayed on the right half of your top tool bar is the number of additional fairies (additional to those from the dragon) not any free uses ;)

The tooltip of the fairy counter may help:
http://www.youscreen.de/qmlxpgit13.jpg

Having the silver or gold membership will add one or two - and they are counted there.
Having won fairies at dragon races or the win systems will be counted there, too.
If you buy them (one by one or in the seven-fairies-offer), you'll find them there, too.

I never saw any free uses of the summon-fairy-spell at all (even if the tooltip of that spell mentiones them) - but i'd expect they would be counted directly at the icon of the spell then.
The only time you get "free uses" is at the matching djinni task - but even then the djinni gives you the rubies and at using the spell they'll disappear again.

Elsje
5th August 2014, 02:01 PM
In German Mira the word that is used here is "vorhanden" which can be translated as "available", "present", or "existing". It is indeed the total number of fairies that are already on your field - you can count the little fairy characters moving around your field and there are just as many as the number indicates.

Rentara
6th August 2014, 04:38 AM
As I said, it is now an issue of semantics. In English, "available" is not a great word to use here. The fairies are not available, they are working at, or inhabiting, or tending to, or a slough of other synonyms relating to your field.

Aliya Silver
6th August 2014, 04:35 PM
Where did you find the word "available" at all?

I can only find it in the tooltip of the fairy spell (where it tells very clearly the spell costs rubies if you don't have free uses) - but the tooltip of the fairy counter doesn't contain that word. On the contrary it tells very detailed about the number of plant fairies you have and how long every one of them is going to stay.

All over the game, if you own free uses of something, you will be told explicitely:
http://www.youscreen.de/flpqpokj10.jpg

So maybe we can ask the dev team if they could clarify that a bit.
Generally, if in doubt and if something costs rubies it is advisable to ask before trying ;)

Dragoness
6th August 2014, 09:52 PM
This is the place where it is written "available". If you combine the info you get while hovering over the spell with the wording for how many fairies you currently have on your field.. Well, it's a bit of an unfortunate combination which could be improved. If you cannot have free uses for this spell, maybe it could be deleted from the info as well?
http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b604/dragonessey/plantfairies_zpseca30710.png (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/dragonessey/media/plantfairies_zpseca30710.png.html)

Rentara
7th August 2014, 06:25 AM
lol, I am not missing the rubies, and was happy to do it in the name of experimentation. No regrets.

Aliya Silver
7th August 2014, 10:53 AM
Thank you, Rentara, for posting this picture!!

I wonder when they inserted that additional information about the total number of fairies on the field - I can't remember it at all... hmm. But now I can understand the problem! I didn't activate the spell but only ever looked at it's tooltip and at the fairy counter at the TOP tool bar (the one which shows the additional fairies) and wondered why someone would think that this shows any free uses... sorry for not catching up on it!

And yes, I absolutely agree that this counter in the spell box is very confusing as it doesn't tell you what exactly it is and it should be asked to be improved - not only in the english version... the german version isn't much better.

Any suggestions for something better than "XX available"?
What do you think of "Fairies on the field: XX" - would that be clear without ambiguity?

Slinky_Wizard
7th August 2014, 11:03 AM
6 "available" is definitely misleading. I agree with Rentara's alternative synonym choices, they are far more accurate than "available".

"Fairies on the field" is also a thumbs up

Aliya Silver
28th August 2014, 11:21 PM
I hope you like the change that has been made with today's update:
http://www.youscreen.de/djgngkmj04.jpg

Have fun,
Aliya