PDA

View Full Version : WORKING ONblack screen

nuttynanny
23rd June 2014, 04:40 AM
I am having an issue with a black screen that seems to come from nowhere..I can be playing and it will go black and then sections will start to clear..has anyone else had this problem and what could it be?...I have kept my flash and browsers cleared and history cleared. Also my flash and java is up to date and all other sites I have no problem with. Thanks Nuttynanny...:confused:

Rentara
23rd June 2014, 07:02 AM
I've had this problem for months. I just got used to it. I fix it by scrolling in and out or by jumping to my field, that clears it instantly. Also, on my computer, it's not black, but it's a shade of green that can be found in the loading screen.

Aliya Silver
30th June 2014, 11:51 AM
Hello nuttynanny,

it would be great if you could provide us with some more information... especially your computer system and the browser (version) you use.

Personally, I know that problem only when using Firefox - so maybe trying a different browser might help.

Good luck,
Aliya

nuttynanny
7th July 2014, 02:45 AM
Sorry, it took so long for me to get back to you..I have been to the beach for a week..it is only on firefox that this has been doing in..I have a 8gig gamers computer that I have had for about 6 years. Running Windows 7, and have McAfee security suites. I have ran a scan, cleared my history on all browsers, cleared the java history, and ran my cleaner on my computer. Have no issues, no viruses, no maleware or addware. So it must be firefox..Thanks for looking in to it for me. Oh, I work on computers and have for 25years...nuttynanny..

birdlvr
7th July 2014, 05:39 PM
My game keeps resetting and telling me there is a connection problem. Or it freezes when I try to open up a building or click on a NPC in the valley. I am on a Mac10.6.8/Safari. Is there a problem with the server today?

Hazel
7th July 2014, 07:28 PM
Hello,

Hum no problem, maybe try to use an other browsers if you can with mac (I don't really know this system).

Hazel

Plinfut
7th August 2014, 03:39 PM
I have the same problem, still. The screen keeps going black (or very dark green actually) and slowly comes back in tiny steps before going completely black again. I've already reported this back in 2011 on multiple occasions and so did several others back then, including time stamps, screen shots, technical specs, etc. (I'm not sure if I reported this in the dutch forum, here or both, but I'm sure it has been very well known for a very long time.)

I stopped playing 3 years ago because this bug made it impossible to have fun. Now I returned to claim the Travians package, hoping the game would be playable by now. Sadly TG proved their "quality over quantity" approach once again by implementing a lot of new features but not fixing the bug that prevents many players from using those. Will this get at least a tiny bit of priority after 3 years or should I just give up on every game of this company for once and for all? Sadly this is a rhetorical question. The answer has been given already by 5 years of the same experience in different games.

It is a real shame that this company has the most wonderful game ideas I've seen anywhere on the internet, but fails terribly in properly making them available to customers who are eager to pay for such good products as these game could potentially be.

Hazel
7th August 2014, 06:30 PM
Hello,

Maybe is your adobe (???) flaash player, try to desinstall and réinstall him.

Hazel

Plinfut
7th August 2014, 09:05 PM
Back in 2011 I myself was a supporter on the dutch version and went through everything I, my fellow team members and admin could come up with, including clearing the browser cache, using a different browser, clearing flash cache, reinstalling flash, reinstalling all browsers, disabling/uninstalling plugins, and combinations of those in different orders. We even tested it on different accounts and different servers. Over the years the problem has been spotted on a variety of operating systems, browsers, flash versions, servers, accounts and internet connections. It doesn't seem to be linked to any specific software or hardware combination, except that it only happens at Miramagia.

Now I understand that this makes the cause like a needle in a haystack, but there have been several reports about, which likely are only the tip of the iceberg. Most of the victims probably won't report and just try to play as well as the game allows them to, until they get fed up with the interference and leave without spending money. But apparently this company only watches one side of the balance: as long as some people pay, they don't care about why others don't. Not a smart move in my opinion as they could make a lot more by finding out how they could improve their service, but it's their choice. I'll just spend my money at a company that is more interested in it.

nuttynanny
1st September 2014, 01:59 AM
I am back..this seems to be an ongoing thing, the black screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the flash and now it seems to be worse. I have noticed that if I refresh once an hour, within a 15 min window, that it doesn't occur as much. But why should I have to go through that 24 times a day is frustrating, but, I like this game so I guess it is a, either-or, situation. Also, it does it on other browsers. So I don't think it is Firefox.

Shiny.Bera
23rd September 2014, 03:56 PM
Always had this problem, to me it especially happens a lot if i put another window on with miramagia on the background. Otherwise it only happens occasionaly. Never bothered to file a report eventhough it is indeed really bugging. I use firefox as a browser, and just like the rest all the things suggested have been tried, didnt work.