PDA

View Full Version : "New Posts" all in Russian ##

Eleanor Rigby
5th April 2014, 01:49 PM
When I enter the forums today through the usual method (by clicking on each forum name), everything is familiar, but if I click on "New Posts" to just see what's new, all the thread titles (and posts inside them!) are in Russian! (Well, written in Cyrillic characters anyway.) Several others in global chat have confirmed that they see the same thing. Bug.

--ER.

Serpent Goddess
5th April 2014, 02:04 PM
I see it too, it makes it difficult to navigate to find what I'm looking for. I thought someone started forums in another language, I didn't know it was a bug.

dragonholt
5th April 2014, 02:06 PM
No I don't think it's a bug - it is to do with the forum restructuring . . - see my igm and the latest thread in Announcements. I should have more news on Monday!

Morag
5th April 2014, 02:27 PM
What's better, to be a bug or to be a bot?))

Anyway, we were informed that our forum (in Russian) would be closed on Monday. So we have to move here with all our topicks. As far as I know, 7 national forums are going to be closed.

Elsje
5th April 2014, 02:36 PM
So it means that the "New posts" button will keep on showing all the threads in other languages as it does now? How inconvenient for all of us who use this button to quickly view what's new on the forum...

Eleanor Rigby
5th April 2014, 04:53 PM
+1 Elsje, very confusing and inconvenient. Maybe we should have a way to indicate we are not interested in the forums being merged in.

dragonholt
5th April 2014, 05:20 PM
My understanding is that it is a work in progress - and this very point has already been passed on clearly and unequivocably to TG . . .I am anticipating it will change. In the meantime a work around is to go to the sub forums - new posts can be clearly seen there without the need to filter the cyrillic.

Eleanor Rigby
8th April 2014, 04:09 PM
I see it is now possible to select the language you want to read Forums in, and it only shows posts in that language: good!

But.

I must request that the "New Posts" filter only work AFTER you select the language forum you want to view. "New Posts" still shows all new posts in all languages; PLEASE ask the technical team to change this so you select your language forum first, THEN ask to see only new posts. Otherwise, in my opinion, the forums are useless. Thanks.

--ER.

Reserved1Glitch
8th April 2014, 06:07 PM
+1 yes please...change the new posts filter as Eleanor suggested.

Elsje
9th April 2014, 03:02 PM
Also, the main page indicates that I have some unread posts in the Announcement section, but when I go into the English Community subforum, there are no new threads.

And since when is the language spoken in Brazil "Brazilian"?