PDA

View Full Version : Android Companion App Feedback

RainyRain
4th August 2013, 07:43 PM
Woot! an App! I thought we could put our feedback and findings here :)

First.. I really like the ease of use. It was perfect for me, as I was away from home for the week and was otherwise trying to harvest on my tablet (very cumbersome). The App is relatively faster to load than the game itself, still slightly slow in my opinion. Harvesting and field functions were extremely easy to use. I did notice that if the WiFi signal wasn't strong then these functions would hang up.

2 things I found didn't work: save password ... and baliff wouldn't work at all.

I'm really looking forward to BB being added :D

Overall, Thanks for the App!!!! :D

Thisisme
4th August 2013, 07:49 PM
i have been away for the weekend and it has been so good to use the app to ensure I didn't lose out on my daily log ins and tree watering, I planted crops that would grow while i was away, the only thing i couldn't do was share xp. Everything else worked fine. Baliff and password save were fine. Thank you so much for this app.

(Moon)
6th August 2013, 12:16 AM
I had to wait over 24 hrs after clicking to install in the Google shop before it actually installed on my phone. Definitely worth the wait though. I was a little disappointed that I could only collect mushrooms once without using rubies but I can live with that! So good to know the app is there when I need it. :)

Eleanor Rigby
11th August 2013, 05:26 PM
There are some very nice features in this app, it is definitely a great companion! I have found all features to work; took me a little while to figure out the Harvest/Replant panel but finally the lightbulb went on.

I especially like the "collect all available mushrooms at once (one time a day for free)" feature. Even if I am not using the app for mushroom-collecting, it's worth checking in the app before I sign on to the game so I know where the mushrooms are located, that way if I don't have time to explore the village I can just go get the ones I am most in need of.

I find that if I am signed in to the game and start up the companion app, my game will freeze and I will need to sign out and back in again (after closing the app). No problem with that, but I was surprised the first few times it happened, it might be good to warn people that only 1 can be open at a time.

And THANK YOU for introducing this as an Android app first! Many of us who don't use Apple products are used to being afterthoughts when people develop for the i-whatever first, so it's very nice to get first crack at an app for a change.

Well done, looking forward to it being extended in the future.
--ER.

Lord-Goobi
11th August 2013, 05:34 PM
We'll be working out the bugs in the app as we find them. Glad to know things are working (almost) as intended. :P

danincholls
11th August 2013, 08:42 PM
where do we report problems with the app? looked everywhere but couldn't find anything about app not running etc

Eleanor Rigby
11th August 2013, 09:48 PM
A question about the companion app: if we use it to sign in and do some minimal things, does it count as a consecutive day's sign-in for the counter? I'm going to guess yes, but I'm not sure I will offer to do the experiment and chance losing a day.

Rentara
12th August 2013, 05:40 AM
danincholls, I send a message straight to support@miramagia.com

I have run into the problem that I can't see my entire field and so I lose plants in the corner to withering or all of my plants because I can't see the timer after some have withered. The app does make things easier, but yeah, kinks are around.

I play 4 fun
13th August 2013, 12:13 PM
"collect all available mushrooms at once (one time a day for free)" feature.

"checking in the app before I sign on to the game so I know where the mushrooms are located."

BOTH of these features would be nice in the PC version.:D

dragonholt
13th August 2013, 02:05 PM
yes if you have problems with the app do send your queries to support@miramagia.com

Yes, logging in to the app should mean your regularity bonus is set as usual. It certainly seems to be so.

Delighted to hear it's been so well received! I'm certainly enjoying having that option

Eleanor Rigby
13th August 2013, 03:20 PM
While I don't have *problems* exactly with the companion app, I do find that whenever I select the icon to interact with the bailiff the app freezes up briefly. None of the other choices have this freeze/pause/hang action, so it might be worth taking a look at.

--ER.

RainyRain
14th August 2013, 05:56 PM
Just thought I'd confirm that I used the APP mainly to keep my regularity bonus series in tact. So YUP! It sure does work for that!

dragonholt
14th August 2013, 09:57 PM
if there are issues with the app please send them to support@miramagia.com as you would for the standard game . . they need to know what the bugs are so they can be sorted!!
:D

Thisisme
14th August 2013, 10:38 PM
I love it Dragonholt, I am usually away at weekends so it is great to know I can still log in and keep my regularity bonus. It has made such a difference :)

Odd_Won_Out
3rd January 2014, 04:03 PM
I use this app regularly - thanks for adding it as an option.

When doing field work, the numbers in the boxes along the top get in the way. Could those boxes please be moved to the corners? Also... I don't really know what all those numbers mean. Did I miss an explanation somewhere?

I am unable to watch videos - it says there are none available. The first time I checked, I was able to watch one - and that was right after that feature was added. Ever since then, there have never been any available. If this is a bug, I will report it, but if it's just my bad luck, so be it. Are other people in the US able to watch videos regularly?

Serpent Goddess
3rd January 2014, 05:50 PM
I was unable to scroll in and out for full views and closeups. I'm running mine on a Samsung Galaxy, I would be interested in hearing about other players platforms when they post their disadvantages.

Thisisme
3rd January 2014, 11:37 PM
It doesn't exactly scroll in and out but you can move around your field with the 4arrows in a square box option on fieldwork, I run mine on a sony ericsson xperia T.
I find videos are not available every time.

punkpoet182
4th January 2014, 09:47 AM
Hi I like this app but, when you click to harvest you need to click out too see all of the garden. Which on my phone at least can be irritating.
Would be better if when you went on harvest you saw all the garden.

Eleanor Rigby
4th January 2014, 06:10 PM
I like the companion app, too, especially for pinpointing the location of mushrooms I'm looking for (a.k.a. "blue") and for letting me go on vacation without having to suspend my counters.

I am unable to watch videos - it says there are none available. The first time I checked, I was able to watch one - and that was right after that feature was added. Ever since then, there have never been any available. If this is a bug, I will report it, but if it's just my bad luck, so be it. Are other people in the US able to watch videos regularly?
I am in the US and yes, I have seen videos multiple times in the last couple months on the companion app. They have always been German commercials for Dyson vacuums. They come and go, there was a while without any, then they came back, then stopped. Keep trying, eventually you'll probably run into one, but don't count on one being there: it depends on their sponsor payments, I think. :-)

kram
7th January 2014, 06:44 PM
Love the app. Have been since it came out just never posted before. i can keep up with everything except competitions.
i like to pop in and harvest sometimes without socializing. the bonus videos are well worth it to watch. Big thanks

Serpent Goddess
8th January 2014, 01:21 PM
Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to use this app? Thanx Thisisme for telling me about the square box, I'm going to unpack my tablet and try logging in from it today. I think it would be an awesome idea to have someone post a tutorial on how this works because everything is so different than when I log in from my home computer, and I get frustrated because I'm expecting certain features to work the way they do at home. It's like I'm playing a completely different game.

Thisisme
10th January 2014, 12:12 AM
Serpent Goddess, I just follow it through from logging in, start on sow & harvest, swipe to tree etc till I reach log out screen. Anything specific you need to know? I will try and get it down in a tutorial type if you wish but atm I am pushed for time, glad to answer any questions you may have though :) Little snippet, if you have more than one account, you will need to start at world selection each time and then enter the individual log ins. Since I only have the one account I can go straight to field and the details are saved.

Serpent Goddess
10th January 2014, 01:43 PM
Thisisme, I didn't have the opportunity to try it yesterday as planned. I have an unexpected trip on Sunday and I'm Transforming today. I'm totally having a Miramanic Attack. I hate tablets!! I hope I can Transform easily while using Android.

Eleanor Rigby
10th January 2014, 04:38 PM
I hope I can Transform easily while using Android.

Serpent Goddess, there is no way to do the transformation from the Android Companion App. It is a *companion* to the computer-based game, and does not offer all the functions of the regular game. It will let you continue to level up after you transform, but what it lets you do is limited.

Things that it does offer (not a complete list, but close):
-- Signing in (to keep active your string of consecutive days signed in).
-- Harvesting your field, replanting crops, watering crops, applying fertilizer, changing the zone, turning Seal of Returns on/off, recovering withered crops, adding fairies, clearing plots.
-- Watering the village tree.
-- Doing each of the daily bonuses (wheel, tent, lottery) and buying further chances with rubies.
-- Buying more rubies. ;-)
-- Seeing how many of each color mushroom have grown for you in the village and where in the village they are located; picking them all at once (once daily for free, further times for a ruby).
-- Accepting work from the Village Assistant and claiming your payment after.
-- Seeing the level of each of your buildings and upgrading them.

Things that it DOES NOT offer (among many others):
-- Going to the city (including buying or selling crops or other items, changing clothes or hair).
-- Seeing or replying to mail.
-- Chatting (or even seeing who is in your village).
-- Participating in harvest races or big orders.
-- Selectively choosing which mushrooms to pick.
-- Filling the orders of Questies.
-- Seeing your village's bulletin board.
-- Selling or buying from the market.
-- Interacting in any way with dragon races.
-- Doing the daily lab quest (or doing anything with your lab).
-- Doing anything with decorations.
-- Visiting or interacting with your Dreamworld.
-- Visiting the World Tree or transforming.
-- ... and probably many many more.

It really is just a *companion*, which I find most useful for a quick stop-in during the day or to keep my daily counter going while I am traveling. If you're looking to transform today, you should do it on the computer, then you can use the app to plant and harvest, and upgrade your buildings, while you're traveling. You will be able to level up and do a few basic things but not actively participate in many parts of the game while using the companion app. For what it is, I really like it.

And congrats on your transformation!
--ER.

Thisisme
11th January 2014, 11:00 AM
A very comprehensive list Eleanor Rigby, thank you, it also allows you to check the times individual plants are ready by moving round your field, if you have different seeds growing. I couldn't think of anything else :-) I love the app since I am away from home a lot and like you say its good to keep the loyalty going.

Serpent Goddess
11th January 2014, 05:45 PM
Thank you SO much Eleanor!! I hate Android. It's not Miramagia's fault, at least they offer us someway to connect. I hate that I may need to buy a laptop though to fully be able to play while I'm away. Yes! I'm obsessed :D

Aechmea
12th January 2014, 10:54 AM
if you have a tablet you don't have to rely on the app only, you always have the possibility to open the game in a browser and play as if on a Computer, especially since they added the zoom Buttons, it's really no big deal :)
hope this helps

Eleanor Rigby
12th January 2014, 10:46 PM
if you have a tablet you don't have to rely on the app only, you always have the possibility to open the game in a browser and play as if on a Computer, especially since they added the zoom Buttons, it's really no big deal

Unfortunately, this is not true, at least not for all tablets. Miramagia is a Flash game and requires Flash to work in the browser. If you are using an Android tablet, Flash is not supported there. This is probably why they offered the Android companion app in the first place, since the game cannot be played in a browser on an Android device.

--ER.

Thisisme
12th January 2014, 11:29 PM
I was able to play on an android tablet via internet explorer as long as I could get net connection. I suppose it depends on what is on the tablet.

Aechmea
13th January 2014, 06:44 AM
android was always compatible with flash-Player, but it's not always pre-installed, i had to download it like i had to on my Computer, then everything went just fine

Aechmea
13th January 2014, 07:00 AM
PS: (since i can't edit my previous post anymore)

i have to admit a have a fairly new android-Version, so it's entirely possible it was not that easy with older tablets :)

Qizara
31st January 2014, 01:49 PM
Love the companion.. but I still have not been able to see any videos:(

Serpent Goddess
31st January 2014, 03:00 PM
Wow, someone please help me figure out how to play Mira on my tablet. Android just doesn't cut it for me, and I can't seem to play it on a browser.

Thisisme
31st January 2014, 09:51 PM
what browser do you have on your tablet serpent? try downloading chrome, you will need flash player as well xx

Serpent Goddess
1st February 2014, 02:07 AM
I can't download any browser it seems. I have a Samsung Galaxy and it just lets me have Android as far as I can tell.

Rentara
1st February 2014, 02:52 AM
I have a similar problem for my Kindle Fire, SG. It won't load in the browser, and there's not an app for Mira in the Fire app store.

monami
1st August 2014, 12:10 AM
I downloaded an app to my iPhone called Photon. I'm not computer savy, but when I plug into Miramagia from there I can play the full spectrum of the game.

Eleanor Rigby
8th September 2014, 01:16 AM
I have just upgraded my new tablet to the newest Android OS (Kit Kat 4.4, I think it is) and the Miramagia Companion app will not install/open there. Will the app work on the newest Android build?

Divination
15th September 2014, 08:42 PM
I downloaded an app to my iPhone called Photon. I'm not computer savy, but when I plug into Miramagia from there I can play the full spectrum of the game.

I can confirm that Photon Browser is also available in the Google Play. Downloaded this browser on my 4-year old android, clicked to activate flash, and miramagia worked like a charm. Best yet, this app is free too. No need to download flash player add-on, as flash is built into this browser.

FulgoriS
23rd September 2014, 10:57 PM
always use the app game, and the alternate access during the day, sorry can not use some features like the valley,
but I believe that will come with the maturation of the app
to thank you for this facility more

GoldDigger
25th September 2014, 07:25 AM
what I would like into the app would be a harvest default, as because I have premium or busy helpers active I now have to click 2 times to get the overal harvest helper. It would be nice if it would recognize if I have helpers active and set it by default then.
Also with sow and harvest options.
And I miss the x3 with tree watering.

I like the app because with these functions it has now its better then nothing (when I on the road and only have my phone), but it would be nice if we could have some more functions in it and the above 2 :)

lilgreenworm
22nd February 2015, 05:29 AM
Downloaded app tonight.. it does not work for me. It says that it can not find the server. I did have internet connection.

pigeon
30th March 2015, 04:27 AM
Please make the app for iphones too!!!

Brighteyes18
1st April 2015, 02:43 AM
I quite like the app. It is very useful for keeping up with various tasks when away from home. Since we can "collect all mushrooms for free" once a day in the game, it is rather disappointing to only be able to do it once in the app - there is no other way to collect my mushrooms with the app if I have already collected them once in the game. You should be able to collect them using the app as many times as needed OR you should be able to click on the mushroom to collect it (a screen similar to the field). I would also like to see some kind of access to the daily lab experiment. That would be super cool!