PDA

View Full Version : Discussion - leading to a FAQ

dragonholt
25th July 2013, 11:41 PM
Okay folks - this is your space . .

What have I forgotten?

Do you have any questions or questions about this new sub forum?

Questions and comments posted here will be used to fashion a FAQ thread in time and will be deleted once they are dealt with.

Looking forward to reading your comments!

Thisisme
26th July 2013, 01:01 AM
Brilliant idea I bet there's a lot of questions scattered all around the forums :) big thumbs up

Mummu
26th July 2013, 12:47 PM
Intresting idea, can't wait when it starts :D

dragonholt
26th July 2013, 01:04 PM
Competiton #1 has started! :D
You have a week!

Happy Writing

grape koolade
26th July 2013, 06:47 PM
Competiton #1 has started! :D
You have a week!

Happy Writing

I think it'd be grand to have smaller prizes to encourage participation. Such as:

-- Have 100 runner up prizes that are some decoration... something like a pink question mark would be funny. Basically try to make many more people win something.
-- Have achievements in the game for participation (don't know how that would work though!)
-- Have a prize for entering 5 competitions. Like a lighted question mark.

suchatweety
26th July 2013, 09:33 PM
where's the thread for the 1st one?

karinblood
26th July 2013, 10:22 PM
http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?2278-Competition-1

there you go, please bear in mind it's a moderated thread so you entry won't show immediately

dragonholt
26th July 2013, 10:48 PM
You will also need to log in to see it

suchatweety
26th July 2013, 11:00 PM
ok thank you again i entered! :p

Dragoness
27th July 2013, 08:15 AM
Could you make it impossible to vote in the competitions before the deadline has been reached and thereby the participating entries are shown? As it is now, already 17 persons have voted in competition #1, without the two entries yet being visible.

Thank you Dragoness . . the Poll is actually inaccurate so those votes are irrelevant! I will look again at what is and is not possible. The live Poll will not be released until the entries are - perhaps, like me, those people are experimenting with the system! I am delighted at the level of interest this is creating and there are still 6 days to go before entries close. Dragonholt

dragonholt
28th July 2013, 03:41 PM
This question was left for me:

How can we vote, without seeing the entries?

You will be able to see the entries once the closing date for entries has arrived.

That will be this Friday 10pm BST

At that time the entries will be released for all to read and vote on.

There will be a week to register your vote,a nd teh following Friday the winners will be announced.

I hope that helps answer your question

suchatweety
30th July 2013, 06:18 AM
my question .... will a village be able to enter a competition as a whole or will each player be required to enter?
for example if the competition is for the best dressed village, does that mean rewards for 7 villagers or 1 to share?

Hmm good question . . the prizes offered by BF are 3 in number (and very generous) so 7 prizes are out of the question . . .I envisage the elder submitting the entry - wouldn't the elder surely use the prize to further benefit the whole village? So my answer to your first question is yes I anticipate one entry per village. . . Thoughts?

Dragoness
30th July 2013, 05:49 PM
Thank you for the reply on my previous remark. I have found another one.
There is no specification on the limit on amount of entries into the competitions.
If I would guess what is now, it would be 1/player, but it is not written anywhere.
Personally I think 1/player is good for "easy" competitions, like #2 where you can basically take a screen shot from any village. Maybe worth considering a higher limit for more "creative" competitions? I mean, where you for example have to use own decorations, write your own text or make a banner etc.
But mainly, I would like the amount of entries you're allowed to make to be specified for each competition.

Thank you. A good suggestion.

suchatweety
30th July 2013, 07:25 PM
I totally agree that it should be specified for each & every competition, and speaking as an elder most all rewards won i use to better my village. So both options would be nice, maybe one week do a group competition, with the shared reward. (more gift options for us in this case would be nice) Then the following week do the same competition for each player. Making an extra set of group rewards to encourage the extra effort & teamwork. Ether way i think the competitions are a great idea, many players have been waiting for them (myself included), and already they have created much excitement. I'm interested to know what others may suggest.

Kael'thas
2nd August 2013, 01:55 PM
Suggestion: Why dont you make competitions for decoration a small place?

I do have plans for somethign like that in the future Kaelthas. Thank you for reminding me!

Kael'thas
3rd August 2013, 02:46 PM
And another question: can we name our poem/image ?

Yes. In fact I would encourage a title. It will help people identify your image

Kael'thas
5th August 2013, 07:22 PM
Can someone have more than one entries?

You know the answer to that now kaelthas - you can but they will be counted as one. In the case of an image entry depending on the possibilities allowed by the programming this may mean the first entry only will be shown. Hope that helps!

Kael'thas
7th August 2013, 02:02 PM
Oh :(

Joan4744
16th August 2013, 12:50 AM
Is it possible to receive confirmation of receipt of entries to competitions?
As at present we do not know if our entries have gone through until the voting starts.
Thanks.
Joan

This has been moved to this area as this is the proper place for asking such things! This will be looked at and a routine established in due time. Thank you for bringing it to my attention

rowanheart
16th August 2013, 01:25 AM
This thread is for questions . . .

Joan4744
16th August 2013, 07:17 PM
Can entrants to competitions please have confirmation of receipt of entries, as of yet, we have no idea if they have been received correctly until the start of voting. Perhaps an automated response.
Thanks...

When someone posts to a moderated thread an automatic response is received . . .it says something along the lines of : Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.. Further acknowledgement will be looked into - to see if it is viable.

nish
10th September 2013, 11:07 AM
Dear Dragonholt ..

i don't know is it right or not to ask about this question here..
really sorry if this is not the correct place

i read about this announcement in my mailbox and here in the forum

Dear Miramagians,

Some time has passed since the Dream World was opened. You have had time to explore, expand and decorate.

Now we are curious: How does your Dream House look? Which furniture did you place, which floors did you whip under your feet? Creative interior rooms, artful landscapes and wonderful sky motifs... how did you stage your Dream World?

Just post your pictures here on Facebook:[Link to follow].

You have time from today, Thursday, 12th September, until Sunday, 22nd September, 12pm!

As a first prize, you will receive 500 rubies, one wonderful fitting for your Dream House and one exclusive decoration!
The second place will receive 250 rubies and the fitting, the third place 100 rubies and the fitting.
The places 4 to 10 will receive the fitting.

Small or big - we are looking forward to each of your masterpieces!

Sincerely,

i don't have any facebook account ..
it really sad as i love to join too ..
mind if you and your helper include this competition here
at least one like me who didn't have any facebook account can join too

Thank you in advance

Interesting you should say this Nish . . .you have not been the only person and so . . watch the Competitions thread . . once the mira-toon competition has finished there will indeed be a Dreamworld one along those lines, . . especially for those players without Facebook access!! All I have to do now is put it together . . .:D Dragonholt

SnoWhite
10th September 2013, 04:33 PM
So is this instead of the Facebook entries or just an alternate method of entering the same competition?

dragonholt
10th September 2013, 06:39 PM
http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?2427-DreamWorld-Competition&p=15997#post15997

have a look here. It's been amended, and I think will answer your questions.

Zephyranna
11th September 2013, 10:04 PM
Thank you Dragonholt

nish
11th September 2013, 11:30 PM
http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?2427-DreamWorld-Competition&p=15997#post15997

have a look here. It's been amended, and I think will answer your questions.

THANK YOU soooo much Dragonholt. You such a darling.

flybo
15th September 2013, 07:40 PM
I have entered on fb but I never use my account so would really preffer to use the mira one myself hope this is ok to

Sriyanna
15th September 2013, 08:30 PM
Yes flybo that will be in order :)

Slinky_Wizard
30th January 2014, 05:11 PM
Quick question about where to enter the competition,

we enter the competition through the General Chat section, Introduce yourself replies?

dragonholt
30th January 2014, 08:07 PM
No Symbiotica - simply reply to the thread . . it's a moderated thread so you won't see your entry but you should get a system generated message to say it's been received

The Facebook Competition is long over, by the way

Slinky_Wizard
31st January 2014, 02:04 AM
Sorry for posting again Dragonholt, but I want to make 100% sure

we simply reply in the competition thread

Love is . . .A competition thread?

karinblood
31st January 2014, 02:11 AM
yes, but you won't see your post as it's a moderated thread

druidess
3rd February 2014, 02:39 AM
how can i upload image for the competition?

Boo
3rd February 2014, 10:00 AM
how can i upload image for the competition?

Hello! Please read here (http://forum.miramagia.com/showthread.php?527-Images-Uploading-Basics-%28using-Photobucket%29&highlight=images).

Kind regards,
Boo

druidess
3rd February 2014, 04:22 PM
thanks a lot Boo!! I googled it and put it up...

Kael'thas
3rd June 2014, 07:20 PM
Hello all. I dont know if this is the right place to ask that but I will ask. At competition #15 we will use this this picture or can we use one of our own?

dragonholt
3rd June 2014, 08:13 PM
The intention is to use the one provided. Thank you

Kael'thas
4th June 2014, 12:26 PM
Ah. And how long the caption should be?

dragonholt
4th June 2014, 08:08 PM
A caption is a title or brief explanation accompanying an illustration, cartoon, or poster

Kael'thas
5th June 2014, 02:14 PM
Ah ok tyvm for the explanation :) At start I understand that we had to make the story ,but its ok

dragonholt
5th June 2014, 07:37 PM
A story one is coming up . . .but not quite yet