Thread: [WORKING ON]Move to foreground / Move to background - odd

[WORKING ON]Move to foreground / Move to background - odd

Hello everyone!

I may have found a bug in the decorating options - Move to foreground/background. If it's just me pressing the wrong buttons, feel free to say so.

Garden decos currently have 5 levels:

1. Far background
    2. Background
    3. Normal
    4. Foreground
    5. Near foreground

This is what I did, see if you can repeat the problem. I used some parasols/umbrellas as they're quite big. Also did the same with snow-speckled ox and many other items. Don't use rail tracks, they default to level 1.

Take 5 identical decos from your inventory and place them in a row in a bit of space.

1. On the 1st deco choose option "move to background". Do it TWICE.
    2. On the 2nd deco, choose "move to background", once
    3. Middle deco stays as it is
    4. On the 4th deco, choose the option "move to foreground", once
    5. Finally on the 5th deco choose "move to foreground", TWICE.

You now have 5 decos in a row, each of them set at one of the 5 decorating "levels".

Now click the 1st deco (the one that was moved to background twice). Select "move item" and drag it over the other 4 decos. In theory it should go "behind" all of them, but it doesn't. The 2nd deco is actually further back.

Moving a deco to background once actually takes it to "far background". Moving a deco to background twice takes it to far background on the first go, then actually brings it forward on the 2nd go. Odd.

octopia

Hi octopia,

Now click the 1st deco (the one that was moved to background twice). Select "move item" and drag it over the other 4 decos. In theory it should go "behind" all of them, but it doesn't. The 2nd deco is actually further back.
    I hope the devs can reproduce it - because I tried and it worked as you would expect it to:

Numbers as you mentioned them - and item #1 just stays in the far background no matter where I'm moving it afterwards.

Happy Nikolaus,
    Aliya
    You have a question? Look here for your answer: Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them here
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

Hello Aliya

How interesting! Well, I've done a little more research and I've found that the problem only occurs in the portal worlds and Dream World garden. In the village, there is no problem.

If you tested this in a village, may I ask if you could try it in a portal world instead and share your findings?

Thank you,

octopia

Hi octopia,

thank you, that was a very useful information.
    I tried it in portal world, and there is something strange, definitely.

So let's wait and see...

Best regards,
    Aliya
    You have a question? Look here for your answer: Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them here
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.

This has been fixed by the recent (and wonderfully improved) "Deco Mode".

Nope, not quite fixed yet.... I haven't experimented as much as you guys have but things do not stay the same in my library world.. I move things to exactly the level I want. next time I log in its all changed. This morning my avatar (for some strange reason) was on the lowest level when I moved around and only briefly came to its proper level once I was seated on one of the numerous seats I have in there...

On the other hand, everything seems fine from a distance, as long as you don't move around... LOL

I'm happy to report that after this morning's update, everything is back to normal and as it should be in my library world... MIROFIXEDIT!!!! Thanks