Thread: FAQ: Competitions

Lightbulb FAQ: Competitions

Here will be found the various Questions and answers for this part of teh Forum.

The thread is moderated, and additional questions will be reviewed and added to this post as appropriate.

I. Competition Announcement

Q: Where are I can find the Competition thread?

A: Go to: Forum - Competitions - Competitions - Current Competitions. Link: http://forum.miramagia.com/forumdisp...t-Competitions

Q: How will I know about the Competition?

A: The competition will be announced and details given in a separate thread and also advertised through igm and ingamechat.

II. Submitting Entries

Q: How can I submit my entry for Current Competition?

A: The entries will be submitted as replies to the Introductory Thread. Please, note, it won’t show up until after the deadline.

Q: Why don't I see my entry after submission?

A: Please, bear in mind it's a moderated thread so your entry won't show up immediately. Instead of this you will receive a confirmation message like this:

Q: Can someone have more than one entry for the competition?

A: You can but they will be counted as one. In the case of an image entry (depending on the possibilities allowed by the programming) this may mean the first entry only will be shown.

Q: Can I post new thread with my entry for Current Competition?

A: No. Entries submitted separately will not be a part of the competition. Only entries made via Introductory Thread will be accepted.

Q: Can I name my submitted work for competition (poem or image)?

A: Yes. In fact it would be desirable. It will help people identify your work or image.

Q: How can I upload an image to the Competition?

A: You can not upload image directly. You will need to use a program like photobucket. Here's a link in the forum that might be helpful http://forum.miramagia.com/showthrea...=images+upload

III. Timeline

Q: Which time zone do you use?

A: All dates and times in use are as per UK calendar. and will also have a UTC reference. (Such as BST = UTC+1) If you require translating this to your timezone please use a handy reference tool such as World Time Buddy

Q: Why I can not see my post straight away?

A: It is a moderated thread so your entry won't show immediately. You will also need to log in to see it. When the deadline is reached then the moderators will make the entries visible to all forum users.

Q: When will I be able to see all entries for Current Competition?

A: Once the deadline has been reached the entries will be made public. Please, note, that all entries will be made anonymous.

IV. Voting

Q: How can I vote for particular entry?

A: A thread will be made for each entry (under the comp entries section) there you will be able to see, comment and rate the entries, though the final decision will be made from the judges, using your suggestions to help.

Q: Who are these judges?

A: They are impartial judges chosen by the runners, and will not be announced who they are.

Q: How will I know about the result of the Competition?

A: Once the deadline has been reached for the judges opinions to be posted, the results verified and posted and celebrated.

V. Misc

Q: What is going to happen with all entries made for closed Competitions?

A: The Competition thread will be closed and archived to make way for a new Competition.

Q: What do I do if I get a message asking me to vote for a particular entry?

A: Ignore the request. Do check out all the entries and vote for your favourite. Remember, the poll is secret - no one knows how you have voted. If the message annoys you please let admin@miramagia.com know and the appropriate action will be taken, which could include disqualification of the entry.

Q: What should I do if I suspect plagiarism?

A: Contact a forum mod, the Community Manager or let admin@miramagia.com know. Plagiarism is illegal and entries discovered to be plagiaries will be disqualified and prizes will not be awarded to entries that 'borrow' another person's work without permission.
    Last edited by punkpoet182; 20th July 2015 at 11:26 PM.
    Dragonholt
    Community Manager
    Miramagia COM

You have a question? Look here for your answer:Miramagia Answers
    Are you looking the forum rules and Netiquette? You can read them Here.
    Moderators are volunteers therefore you are not able to reach them 24/7.